• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived [12003] Game does not load properly. Very slow.

DeletedUser2423

Firefox has thus far been the best browser. My computer is a brand new Lenovo 710 i7 7500 8gb ram etc etc. Running windows 10. Firefox was working fine with load time about 4 -5 seconds max. Yesterday It loaded to section 18 of the 24 flash modules then stuck. It does load in chrome. I cleared the cache, cookies, temp files, checked Firefox and flash for updates, then updated with a re install - flash. I confirmed flash using the Adobe confirmation pages designed to check if flash is working. It is working system wide on all three browsers. So I dug deeper. I had zoom on 70% because I have a 14" screen. I expanded to 100% and had the game load but missing 99% of the graphics. I changed zoon to 70% and reloaded.. again the game stuck on module 17.
So developers.. I am not going to reverse engineer your game. You clearly have a problem from module 17 of adobe Flash and it also relates to zoom, and seems to impact firefox which is open source. Why a developer would struggle with an open source browser vs a proprietary one is beyond me. It still works in Chrome but suffers lines and hesitations etc. Considering my system, this should be running very fast. I also have a 2gb nvidia game card in this which this does not call.. so my system is not under powered. Your code is stuffed. Whatever you did 36 hours ago.. look at that.

Brelvan EN

InfamousGrim

Adventurer
Firefox hasnt worked at all for me. Neither has explorer, Maxthon cloud browser ( which used to until it became so slow it ceased to load the game) and chrome. I agree with brelvan. I have no zoom on. I have reinstalled the latest flash and made sure chrome is up to date. My system is plenty powerful enough. I could load the game yesterday morning, then went to get on last night and it stuck at 17/24. Been the same ever since, no matter what Ive tried

DeletedUser1453

Firefox has thus far been the best browser. My computer is a brand new Lenovo 710 i7 7500 8gb ram etc etc. Running windows 10. Firefox was working fine with load time about 4 -5 seconds max. Yesterday It loaded to section 18 of the 24 flash modules then stuck. It does load in chrome. I cleared the cache, cookies, temp files, checked Firefox and flash for updates, then updated with a re install - flash. I confirmed flash using the Adobe confirmation pages designed to check if flash is working. It is working system wide on all three browsers. So I dug deeper. I had zoom on 70% because I have a 14" screen. I expanded to 100% and had the game load but missing 99% of the graphics. I changed zoon to 70% and reloaded.. again the game stuck on module 17.
So developers.. I am not going to reverse engineer your game. You clearly have a problem from module 17 of adobe Flash and it also relates to zoom, and seems to impact firefox which is open source. Why a developer would struggle with an open source browser vs a proprietary one is beyond me. It still works in Chrome but suffers lines and hesitations etc. Considering my system, this should be running very fast. I also have a 2gb nvidia game card in this which this does not call.. so my system is not under powered. Your code is stuffed. Whatever you did 36 hours ago.. look at that.

Brelvan EN

Interesting, I had a LOT of trouble a few months with browsers, it seems stable now I'm using Edge, today someone in the Elvenar Platinum Leaf page posted the same issue. don't know enough about this sort of things but I do believe you are on to something.

Deleted User - 13667

I've been using both edge & opera. If using opera or other browsers, i think you would need to update the flash player often. then clear the stored files and cookies to get it going a little faster.

InfamousGrim

Adventurer
Ok..this is the third day in a row that I havent been able to get the game to load. Is there any way I can get in contact with my other members to let them know whats going on?

DeletedUser1453

Ok..this is the third day in a row that I havent been able to get the game to load. Is there any way I can get in contact with my other members to let them know whats going on?

what server and world do you play on? if you are on the En2 Server in Winy or Arendyl I can send a message to your FS/AM

try changing your browser, that seems to be an issue that's going around. (presuming you've already done the flush cache, cookies thing) if you do put in a ticket let them know what number it stops loading on I believe this helps.

InfamousGrim

Adventurer
Dizzy Lizzie. How many support tickets do I need to put in for this problem? None of the ones I put in for this same problem last year were ever solved!

Lady Woodland. I have no idea what server I play on. Without being able to get into the game I have no way of finding out to tell you. I play in Arendyl but I cant even remember what my house/team's/whatever its called, name is. Yes I've done all the cache/cookies etc. When I had this problem last year , the only way I could get into the game was with Avast SafeZone Browser. I have tried every other browser I can find with the same problem. Now its happened with safezone as well. I haven't changed anything in my system. Everything is up to date. Everything is clean and it still gets stuck loading at 17/24. The last three tickets i put in I told them what number it gets stuck on and never got a useful remedy to the problem. Thankyou for offering to let them know though. Thats kind of you.

Timneh

Artisan
At the moment i am still able to get into the game but it is taking longer than it has ever done in the past to load and when it comes to doing NH every city takes at least 15 seconds to load the bigger cities take even longer.
As this thread is now tagged as confirmed does that mean that the devs now know there is a problem and are looking into it ?

DeletedUser702

Using Chrome, Win10 64 bit, Intel Core 15-4670, CPU 3.40 GHZ
8 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 570, 2 tb harddrive...
the computer is about 4 years old and have no problems at all playing Inno games.
Also use CCleaner pro regularly (money well spent!) Never use any thirdparty AntiVirus!
Only use Windows stuff! Firefox is on my do not use list!!!
Opera used as standby and MS Edge needs a lot of work to improve!!!
Any Antivirus programs should be banned as all they do is messing up computers!
That is the conclusion I arrived at! Been using Internet/ Computers from way back
and haven't had any Virus ever! All it takes is to be careful using Internet and Email
very carefully....;):)
...some aps need to be banned as well, not to mention sneaky advertising...

Last edited by a moderator:

Aisling1

Conjurer
Any one using Mac/ OS - I'd suggest accessing via Google chrome..
Also if dedicated, less cache clearing, if any, needed (been working fine for me for past 4 months)
Big players can still be noticebly slower to load and switching from map to home to fs, to other city.. etc..
can cause lag/ delay but it is not enough to be disturbing..
I'd still like to know why boosts reset to 0% when tournament prizes are being distributed, and take time to reset
... and a warning please, not to collect might be nice
as I've been caught out on goods collection 3 times in a row...
And the Valentine's?
All those of us who won the prizes and had them in inventory without completing?
I completed in any case, cause I'm just that kind of person... but would love to know the how/ why?

DeletedUser2707

I have a new computer and the game was running perfectly until 2 days ago approximately, what have you done? FF browser never had an issue before this. I have put a ticket in as well, does anyone have any further info? Brelvan hits the nail on the head I think.

DeletedUser3366

For me is shows as buggy images for the buildings in the city, some are totallay gone, and many animations have missing frames.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I think those issues have (at least) 2 main causes, I got some too, using different computers and I can point them...

First is your bandwidth... If some processes are using your connexion (windows and antivirus upgrades can have a heavy load), the requests of building images when you visit can reach a timeout, flash can't download a part of the building or the whole (they are in 2 parts : a fixed background + the animation) and you have an incomplete building or a blank zone...
To lower this effect, set your upgrades (for at least windows and your antivirus) to "search for upgrades but ask to install" or the equivalent choice... Do the same for browser and flashplayer upgrades that are coming often too... You can also disable any driver auto-upgrades (printer/scanner/etc) because they aren't needed if you don't have issues... Remember too that a local mailbox like Outlook or even online mailboxes like gmail can suck your line like eager calfs from time to time, loading spams...

Second is the memory allocation... Flash (the game core) loads all images in memory, until you close the game... the game itself is about 230MB + your city buildings (+150MB with a big city) but ,by visiting, it will also load in memory all others buildings images for a total 1.14GB... (my case)... so... if your computer memory is already filled with other programs and you don't have enough memory, windows will start swaping the memory to the harddrive that will decrease your computer speed a lot...and you have slowness issues... On a healthy computer with more than 4GB, you can load a big city in 3-5sec atm... Most computers have a led that lights according to harddrive activity, a healthy computer HDD led should blink shortly every 1-2sec (or not at all)... if it's nearly always alight, your memory is too short and your computer is running 10 times slower with SSD hardrive or 100 times slower with a mechanical drive because the swapping process is using a storage far much slower than the memory... In the worse case (like with a 1GB memory), the computer can come saturated with waiting processes that will cause cascaded bottlenecks, freezing your computer and in the long term, it will damage the part of your disk where the swapfile is stored (only with the magnetic storages, not with the SSDs), causing unpredictable and strange issues...
To lower this effect, close all other programs to free some memory and reload the game as soon your speed decreases noticeably, once or more during neighborly help mainly.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3393

I don't think the server or system specs are the issue - when I first started playing a couple of weeks ago, the game was fine. I also play several web games (some a lot more graphics/internet intensive than this one) and my connection doesn't have any problems with those.

However, Flash then released a new hotfix and I've had nothing but problems since, either with barely being able to load other cities, or the game not loading at all and getting a "Context3d" error instead. More than likely, Adobe's recent update is probably to blame; perhaps using a new security measure that is blocking come components being loaded.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I don't think the server or system specs are the issue - when I first started playing a couple of weeks ago, the game was fine. I also play several web games (some a lot more graphics/internet intensive than this one) and my connection doesn't have any problems with those.

However, Flash then released a new hotfix and I've had nothing but problems since, either with barely being able to load other cities, or the game not loading at all and getting a "Context3d" error instead. More than likely, Adobe's recent update is probably to blame; perhaps using a new security measure that is blocking come components being loaded.
"Context3d" is mentioned as a problem with 64bits version of flashplayer on firefox 64bits but flash is not the source of last days problems : I'm using a computer that made no upgrade since 2010 and I had the errors too, even if my fox and flash are stable anywhere else...
...and, by-the-way, if you google "context3d" you will find some links offering different ways to solve that... ;)

Last edited: