• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Behind the Scenes: Fellowship-based Tournaments

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
The 'bad thing' was actually exactly my point. Cheers.
in my example i used 10 provincies to the max, in total you used to get 150 in the tournament itsself, and you could get in that case 20 extra relics at the end of the week.
the new tournament you can still get those 150 relics, but maybe only 5 as a bonus in the end of the week. those 15 dotn matter at all for all the points you made. Also if every players in your fellowship does 6 to the max, you can still get those 20 extra relics, and then you did less provinces then my 10 in the example.

DeletedUser2884

Does anyone know if there is a specific rotation to the tournament goods type? The order of Province goods type at the beginning of each tournament?
Would like to lay out a calendar of what goods type for My FS to help plan which ones we are going to work for.

Killiak

Artisan
in my example i used 10 provincies to the max, in total you used to get 150 in the tournament itsself, and you could get in that case 20 extra relics at the end of the week.
the new tournament you can still get those 150 relics, but maybe only 5 as a bonus in the end of the week. those 15 dotn matter at all for all the points you made. Also if every players in your fellowship does 6 to the max, you can still get those 20 extra relics, and then you did less provinces then my 10 in the example.

If if if if if. If the sky was green, it would not be blue.
Are you now arguing that you can still get as much if every player puts in a certain amount of effort? Lovely theory, but that will only happen in the most active of fellowships, which aren't that many to begin with.
Nor is it possible for every player to grind out that many tournament levels, or do it every time. Calculating the maximum is a theoretical exercise at best, it shows nothing when it comes down to actual play.
And you are assuming the rewards remain the way they are, which I do not see confirmed in ANY communication by Inno.

So I will repeat my statement; "the specific language used concerning the rewards does not inspire confidence in the changes to be made."
And this one also still applies; "So let's be realistic; they ARE mandatory if you want to participate in all that Elvenar offers"

Cheers.

Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan
On the first page of this thread a question was asked about what will happen about the KPs used to research tournaments in the tech tree. I see that question has not been answered by Inno so i guess it is safe to say we are just going to lose them. I'm sure Inno will come up with some reason why they should not refund them but it seems a bit unfair to make us spend 40 KPs on something that is later removed. Just my opinion and i am sure a lot of people will disagree.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
On the first page of this thread a question was asked about what will happen about the KPs used to research tournaments in the tech tree. I see that question has not been answered by Inno so i guess it is safe to say we are just going to lose them. I'm sure Inno will come up with some reason why they should not refund them but it seems a bit unfair to make us spend 40 KPs on something that is later removed. Just my opinion and i am sure a lot of people will disagree.

personally i dont care, its normal game dynamics. Its like having diamond buildings and having to replace them later in the game to get better ones that are added later in the game. Then you could say i should get those diamonds back too. At least kp are very easy and cheap to get.

Killiak

Artisan
personally i dont care, its normal game dynamics. Its like having diamond buildings and having to replace them later in the game to get better ones that are added later in the game. Then you could say i should get those diamonds back too. At least kp are very easy and cheap to get.

Your comparison is nonsense, since it was YOUR choice to buy the diamond building and it was YOUR choice to replace the building. In terms of tech being added or removed, we get zero choice. Not to mention that tech always becoming mandatory.

If adding a new tech costs us KPs, then it stands to reason that removing a tech refunds us those KPs.

DeletedUser1882

More runes grrrr I quit the tourneys when i reach the runes its a waste of my produce and a waste of my supplies , and army,I want kps not runes
but hey cant please everyone

DeletedUser3034

Perhaps there is something to be said for getting a "refund" of the KP spent on tournament research, IF the person(s) wanting said refund are willing to give back every prize, award, etc. they have gotten as a result of said research. As I see it, the investment has more than repayed those who have made it.

Timneh

Artisan
I disagree with you on that gandolfus. You invest the KPs to research the tournaments but to take part in them is not free, if you fight you need troops and they cost supplies to produce and if you cater it costs goods. A lot of goods if you want to cater several rounds into a tournament and a lot of troops if you want to fight. Just my personal opinion. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

The thing that is hardest to deal with is all these retrospective changes, first we research something which changes after a period and no longer needs researching, we keep having new troops being added to the tech tree and unless we comply with the 2 week warning we find ourselves forced to halt all current research to deal with something in a chapter that didn't exist when we were originally on that chapter.

I'm bored of fighting, select province, select encounter, select 5 troop types for the squads, select auto-fight, select confirm, select awesome (assuming I won), select the next one (can't remember the name), rinse and repeat! It isn't fun, it isn't enjoyable, it isn't a challenge to be overcome, its just something to be done to get relics, kp and rune shards. BUT it might just work in fellowships rather than in neighbourhoods and if it does then great and if it doesn't then yep, rinse and repeat!

I think that the devs have a vision and are redesigning the game to fit their vision, unfortunately we liked most of the game before the redesigning started and all that happens is that people are being alienated. We're asked for our opinions, we give them but nothing changes... you only have to read the comments on the beta forum about the fellowship tournaments. I really really do want them to work its a great opportunity to work together as a fellowship to achieve something other than ranking points, but I have the feeling that the dud that is fellowship tournaments on beta is about to come here as well.

Killiak

Artisan
Perhaps there is something to be said for getting a "refund" of the KP spent on tournament research, IF the person(s) wanting said refund are willing to give back every prize, award, etc. they have gotten as a result of said research. As I see it, the investment has more than repayed those who have made it.

Your reasoning is flawed (in my opinion anyway), I will point out why by including Timneh's post and elaborating below that.

I disagree with you on that gandolfus. You invest the KPs to research the tournaments but to take part in them is not free, if you fight you need troops and they cost supplies to produce and if you cater it costs goods. A lot of goods if you want to cater several rounds into a tournament and a lot of troops if you want to fight. Just my personal opinion. :rolleyes:

Gandolfus is indeed glossing over the costs of every tournament in terms of troops, goods and supplies. So if you are so eager to be "fair", then please return those as well.

Now, as to why your reasoning is flawed;
Investing KP in the tournament tech is NOT a choice. It's mandatory research, it cannot be avoided and MUST be invested in in order to continue moving up the chapters. It does not, however, mean you played the tournaments.
Actually PLAYING in the tournaments is a choice, so there might very well be people who did not participate. You lose troops, goods and also supplies in exchange for runes, KP and relics. There are many mechanics in Elvenar that exchange X for Y.
(Also, I very much doubt Inno has stored everybody's exact losses and gains.)

But really, these are separate entities;
- I played the tournaments for both loss on one hand and gain on the other. This is how the entire game works and it's a choice.
- I was forced to invest KP's for a tech that is now being removed. No choice.

Returning the KP's for the tech is fair. Having exchanged X for Y during the time the "old" tournament was available was also fair.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I perfectly agree about the fact that if adding researches is costing KPs, all those who learned the tournaments research previously should be refunded... You must be fair in the 2 directions... :)

DeletedUser1772

My 2 cents worth in short.

1. The new system is better in terms of reaching checkpoints.
2. I agree that players who do not want to be in a fellowship are disadvantaged (one man FS doesn't replace the possibility of playing with nabs and possiblly reach some checkpoints).
3. KPs we were forced to invest into unlocking Tournaments should be refunded. Although I think this is a fat chance. Instead, they gave us yet another (useless?) research to unlock in Chapter V (Banshee?!).

Timneh

Artisan
Next tournament starts in a couple of hours. If you go to world map and hover your cursor over the tent icon at the bottom of your screen it will tell you how long it is until the start of the next tournament.

DeletedUser1345

Thanks - I actually never noticed that there is a countdown-timer on that tent when it is otherwise inactive.
I wonder if the tournament is delayed this week because they are starting-up "fellowship" tournaments, today?