• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Is there any point in continuing?

DeletedUser

Muf-Muf's arguments and excuses are meaningless.

Member of Inno's team or not, have you guys seen Muf-Muf's city in Arendyll? It proves he/she knows nothing of how the game actually works and is simply making excuses to try to keep the peace for Inno's ridiculous (and I'm using inverted commas for this word), "ideas".

We've all said that the developers don't actually play the game, because if they did then these changes and "balancing" wouldn't be done this way, and the complaints would be both listened to and acted on.

Muf-Muf's city is a perfect example of how much a Mod, developer, manager, whatever, actually knows the frontline of the game.

We're taking advice on how these changes are fair, balanced and correct from someone who is here?

Of course, you are making a big assumption that this is Muf-Muf's only city, which is incorrect. Pretty much makes TheRodent's arguments and excuses meaningless, using your logic. :)

DeletedUser1775

STOP making these new techs mandatory. Problem solved.

Seriously though, how is it letting us build the city we want when we are FORCED to research techs that i don't NEED, and spend kps to research building i will NEVER erect.

But then again, as usual i have ZERO expectation that Inno will do anything about this. They didn't with Magic Academy, they didn't when they practically made armories mandatory for the orcs, they won't give two 'you know what' with this.

I am, and i can probably speak for most of us here, are TIRED of speaking out and talking negatively about this game in forum. I am sure the mods are way past tired of hearing us moaning too.

So PLEASE.. give us something to cheer about for a change.

DeletedUser772

While a game is in development there is bound to be a lot of change and rework. You all should know that and understand that you are on unstable ground.

Big spenders/high rankers might expect not to have to trudge the new paths in a finished game but here .. you are equal and in either scenario there is only so much you can gain by making a fuss.

Keep noting the issues .. and enjoy what you have as come end game its likely the costs to pay will rise

DeletedUser363

While a game is in development there is bound to be a lot of change and rework. You all should know that and understand that you are on unstable ground.

Big spenders/high rankers might expect not to have to trudge the new paths in a finished game but here .. you are equal and in either scenario there is only so much you can gain by making a fuss.

Keep noting the issues .. and enjoy what you have as come end game its likely the costs to pay will rise

What we object to is them penalising us for joining the game in it's early days and being loyal to it. ...something that they do more and more. Especially as a lot of us have had the dedication to have more than one village. They are progressively removing what enjoyment there still is

DeletedUser772

I don't find loyalty getting much if any reward in commercial enterprises now .. used to count for something but now it seems new is best. If customers complain .. give them a cookie or fob them off with excuses is usually the way.

Imo this game is a testing ground for inno and they don't really care if adventurers lose their way .. since there are always more behind them.

I've played a few inno games and FoE seems the best thought out in terms of keeping players happy but then its been going a few years. A few games companies offer reward for inconvenience but the right coin is hard to determine.

I have to agree that those who haven't yet approached a change point in the tech tree don't really see the issue, its a lot more noticeable to those hauled back from the horizon.

It's still a good game that gives me daily joy but I have to say my urge to spend cash has mostly gone.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Muf-Muf's arguments and excuses are meaningless.

Member of Inno's team or not, have you guys seen Muf-Muf's city in Arendyll? It proves he/she knows nothing of how the game actually works and is simply making excuses to try to keep the peace for Inno's ridiculous (and I'm using inverted commas for this word), "ideas".

We've all said that the developers don't actually play the game, because if they did then these changes and "balancing" wouldn't be done this way, and the complaints would be both listened to and acted on.

Muf-Muf's city is a perfect example of how much a Mod, developer, manager, whatever, actually knows the frontline of the game.

We're taking advice on how these changes are fair, balanced and correct from someone who is here?:
Of course, you are making a big assumption that this is Muf-Muf's only city, which is incorrect. Pretty much makes TheRodent's arguments and excuses meaningless, using your logic. :)
I've checked Muf-Muf's other cities.

The Beta one is bigger, yes, but is seemingly run by someone who doesn't know how the game works.
Yes, on the EN worlds I do not play. You spotted that correctly. My main player account has always been on Beta, which is where I started playing the first day of closed beta and still play to this day. I can go into all kinds of details why I am not at the very end of the research tree, and why my city is in the shape it is, but I'll spare you that boring read. @TheRodent, I don't think there is much point in trying to convince you that I do know the game, so I won't even try. I know I do, and as long as I can answer your questions and address your concerns, I don't think that is something I would have to worry about either. I would not be in the position I'm in now if I didn't know the game. ;)

So PLEASE.. give us something to cheer about for a change.
Would love to - in what direction are you thinking? :)

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
It'll take some time to blow over to here from our Beta servers. Keep an eye on the Announcements forum for more information - we'll share more news for it most likely later this week. :)

DeletedUser1345

Oooh...Snowstorm...is this a quest? I like the sound of that ;)

An event, and one that will last quite a while ( from what I see in beta ) - so stock up on firewood, mittens, soup, and snow shovels!
It looks like there are some nice rewards...though, like in the Summer Solstice, the best will be hard to get.

DeletedUser

Honestly it's getting more and more boring and pointless to play. What keeps me playing is the amount of time I've invested, that I can't be bothered to look for another game and the bizarre hope it will get better at some point. After the last amazing special offer, the KP donation scheme in my FS on Winyandor died because people obviously went for the free KP and then hit the level where you need impossible to attain shards, so now I can just stuff kp into my own AW until I also reach that point :p

DeletedUser330

It's the fellowship friends I've made and time already invested that keeps me on.

If I had no FS, and a city approaching Dwarves say, I would quit.