• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.18

Tiriake

Soothsayer
Before and after update 1.15 community managers have been insisting that the changes were made in order to bring the game back into balance. So the core changes were supposed to be done in 3 packages (I'm refering to the info were given before first package). So that should be done by now . But what is not here is the promised balance. Imagine that.

I can only speak for myself. For me the game has been completely out of balance since update 1.15. Not a single update since then has adressed my main reason/issue for the imbalance. I'm one of those players who was deemed by the devs too far advanced. So i'm not supposed to find winable provinces. That is designed by the devs to be so. Right, so I asked as simply as I could, when can I expect to find winable fights. And I got an answer from community manager at that time. That I have to wait until i reach woodelves! Woodelves! I'm still doing fairies. And I was told that after update 1.15.

So in this "balanced" game. I'm not supposed to scout, negotiate, fight for 2 chapters at least. I have bunch of builidings in my city that have become completely pointless. Barracks are idle, armories has no meaning anymore since i have no reason to train anybody. Training grounds i did build for the new unit. I actually laughed at myself for that. Does anybody find those new units even useful?

For me one part of this game is closed. because if i do anything with provinces I will be shooting myself in the leg.

The only thing this update has proven is that the only plan devs had for players like me, is that we have to be patient and wait. Since that's the only plan we apparently deserve.

DeletedUser1991

Tiriake - I am not even on Dwarves and I cannot win a fight! Fighting is no longer an option for me at all.

DeletedUser1353

First of all, thank you @Muf-Muf for taking your time to discuss in this forum, seems most mods have disappeared as of late from here. :)

My view on the battle system:

As long as the squadsizes and techs of troops are even, the fights are almost never (except for some special cases when the enemies have a lot of squads) unwinnable as some people are claiming here.

Tournaments are auto-fightable in most cases from 1-3 stars if the correct troops are used. This is good since it would take too much time to fight them all induvidually. The later stages of the tournament should not be too easy.

The new fighting system is an upgrade from the last one (at least for me in the later stage of the game), before the enemy squads were like 5 times bigger than mine, now they're even (as long as I keep scouting in a ring around my city). Before I had 1-2 viable units: Blessed paladin and sometimes priest. Now I use a bigger pool of units in my fights, which is good.
And as have been told before, it was not possible to add new units to the last battle system because of some limitation in the code (as i've understood it).

With that being said the battle system is far from perfect, it's in fact often very frustrating to fight even if it's not unwinnable. Some things I don't like atm:

The initiative system. Atm the unit with the highest initiative gets targeted by the enemies first, after the change the light ranged units have recieved the highest initiative.

This is a problem for our light range. What does all anti-archer units (except for barbarians and sworddancers) have in common? The answer is great catch, meaning they have an easy time getting attacks off on the archers early. Mortars will always be able to rain hell on your poor archers at the first turn. Cerberus will almost always reach them on the first turn. Steinlings will often reach them on the second turn. Orcs will often reach them on the second turn. This makes it so that using archers even when there's just one or 2 squads of these units feels very frustrating, and now when the provinces are more mixed than before there's almost always one of these squads there. And when there's not, the archers almost feels too strong instead.

This also makes it so that when you're up against archers and dont have any on the battle field your self the enemies will almost always be able to get shots off on you right away, which can be somewhat daunting for many players I feel.

Maybe the enemies priority system needs a change, so the enemies always goes for the closest of your units no mather the initiative, chances are the battles would be too easy then however. But how the enemy "aggro" system works feels frustrating and not fun nontheless.

Another thing I don't like is the Mercenary Camp. Atm the units produced there are inferior to what we already got, making the building and the units produced there useless, unless playing with pretty units is more important than winning fights that is. Spending KP on reasearch that is useless does not feel very rewarding. When we get upgrades to the units produced there they will probably become useful, but that doesn't really help us right now.

The new system to how the debuffs are multiplied instead of added to the units is very confusing and goes against making fights easy to understand. It also gives the devs additional balancing changes since this changes the strength of some debuffs completely.
An example is the abbots -50% damage done debuff. Before the change a Storm Barbarian with 70% attack vs mages affected by a debuff would deal 70%-50%=+20% damage against the abbott. Now it instead deals 1,7*0,5=0,85=-15% damage. This is a change of 35%.
The reason given to change the old debuff system was that some fights were dragging out forever because the possibility of 100% damage reduction or close to it, but in my experience this almost never happened unless you make some really big missplays, and then you should anyways raise the white flag.

There is probably more problems that I forgot about. :p

TLDR: The new battle system is a step in the right direction, but it's still not good.

Autozoom to the main hall whenever you exit the research page.

Of coz, you would have already known had you actually played the game.

Does this happen for a lot of players? First time I've heard of it and it's never been happening for me. :s

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 106219

"Autozoom" is the wrong term. The correct would be "autofocus on Main Hall when the player leaves the research menu".

And yes, it happens every single time I leave the research menu, and it is completely pointless.

BekBel

Adventurer
There is now an auto return to page 1 of the fellowship after a couple of seconds.
Yeh this one is annoying.
The Fellowship list doesn't update until you look at it, so when you open the Fellowship window it spends 10 or so seconds changing golden/green hands to green ticks, or vice versa, and updating the ranking numbers etc. If you happen to click over to page 2 or 3 before it has finished doing those little updates it will click back to page 1 automatically once those little updates are done. This is especially annoying when you end up trying to click on a page 2/3 city to visit and polish, but it flicks back and you end up clicking on a page 1 city you have already visited.
Given that for higher level FS page 1 is usually full of higher level cities, you end up sitting there waiting for what seems like forever waiting for the city to load - a city you don't even need to be in because you've already been there. It's just a massive waste of time and is very frustrating.

"Autozoom" is the wrong term. The correct would be "autofocus on Main Hall when the player leaves the research menu".

And yes, it happens every single time I leave the research menu, and it is completely pointless.
Sorry for double posting, but this one while slightly annoying can actually be handy for city design, or I find it so anyway. By using this method you are able to check what visitors to your city will see when they arrive. Doing this you can make sure to put builders hut or what culture buildings you want polished first in their direct line of sight. But this is obviously only meaningful to those of us who like to set our cities up that way, I can see it would be more annoying for people who aren't weird like me lol

Edit by Muf-Muf: Merged two of your posts.

DeletedUser772

Looking purely at the changes to fighting .. I have to admit I was put off province taking or even fighting in Tournaments for a while as I kept losing.

Now that I have a squad size or two under my belt and am following the advice on what troops are best to use (and keep to fighting squads that are equal or less than my squads) I am back to winning and taking provinces

I do have to say though ... the slog to get past the new techs and additional training grounds were and are a pain. Very far from a fun part of the game.

Something to bear in mind Elvenar ... Offering a diamonds package with KPs before someone knows they NEED kps and then it disappearing (not on a timer) isnt going to get you any cash

DeletedUser1991

Set back another chapter and a population standing at -31! Seriously guys! Is this going to happen every week now because I'm just not making ANY progress at all and I'm reaching the point where I'm about to throw in the towel!

Deleted User - 13667

Yeh this one is annoying.
The Fellowship list doesn't update until you look at it, so when you open the Fellowship window it spends 10 or so seconds changing golden/green hands to green ticks, or vice versa, and updating the ranking numbers etc. If you happen to click over to page 2 or 3 before it has finished doing those little updates it will click back to page 1 automatically once those little updates are done. This is especially annoying when you end up trying to click on a page 2/3 city to visit and polish, but it flicks back and you end up clicking on a page 1 city you have already visited.
Given that for higher level FS page 1 is usually full of higher level cities, you end up sitting there waiting for what seems like forever waiting for the city to load - a city you don't even need to be in because you've already been there. It's just a massive waste of time and is very frustrating.

Thanks for spending time just to describe it. Was scrolling around for a previous post on this but lacks details.

There are loads of bugs not fixed,un-addressed or simply ignored. The best that mods does is either claim its done or just delete it.And actual programmers keep go with their schedule. Bad as it sounds, it is represented as such.

I bet there are those who feel they should be placed on a pedestal and given pat on their shoulder for doing a "good" job. Alas, feedbacks taste both bitter and sweet.

Sorry for double posting, but this one while slightly annoying can actually be handy for city design, or I find it so anyway. By using this method you are able to check what visitors to your city will see when they arrive. Doing this you can make sure to put builders hut or what culture buildings you want polished first in their direct line of sight. But this is obviously only meaningful to those of us who like to set our cities up that way, I can see it would be more annoying for people who aren't weird like me lol

It is pretty annoying especially you are in th midst of redesigning your city, collecting supplies etc. If it were to be a button offered to home to Main Hall in ANY city when needed should be sufficient to please all parties.

Deleted User - 13667

Another annoyance would be the need to return to home city to read notifications. Especially irritating when you are trying to return favor of visiting.

DeletedUser

The fairy units were unlocked, and I did make some and use them... found out they are useless, and deleted the building. I haven't bothered even trying the other new military building at all as I know, absolutely know, it will be useless.

Same. Although I don't even have room to pointlessly build and delete the second additional building, which balances us all by making us have even less room ;P

DeletedUser187

Ok you set the tournament levels, better?? Have you, I dont know anyone who takes part in them.
SHAME you cant/wont sort out the totally out of proportion normal combat levels. Its now almost impossible for a Human, ie me, to win any fight. The levels and skills for NPC`s are out of balance.. EG compare the `NPC Abbott II` vs `Sacred Priest`, if they are supposed to be similar, well you have a strange idea of equal. They difference in SQUAD sizes we lived with, but now that`s, taken any chance of winning a combat away.
So If you want to expand your city, TWO options:-, 1/ spend a fortune in DIAMONDS, 2/ await the free one withing research.
Then you keep adding more and more larger buildings.
ENOUGH is ENOUGH.
This was a great passive, time relaxing game, now it gone the same way as your other games, and they are dying a very slow death, this is next on list. I have been very willing to spend hard cash here, and your other games, but NO MORE.

DeletedUser354

Each update now appears to require that I go back in time and complete research that did not previously exist - this is a FARCE - I am rapidly loosing patience - it's a case of one step forward and two back. Why does this have to happen - all this it's balancing the game is so much nonsense - it's slow enough as it is without having to constantly backtrack. How do I keep my FS focused and enthusiastic when such irritations are constantly happening. I'm not in the least surprised that TheRodent lost it, I'm not far from that myself. The restructuring of the research tree retrospectively is simply not acceptable and must stop.

DeletedUser1829

Another annoyance would be the need to return to home city to read notifications. Especially irritating when you are trying to return favor of visiting.
There was a suggestion on the notification screen in beta with lots of improvements in it and this was one of them. We were advised it was submitted to ..the devs (I think or whoever it gets submitted to). Whether or not it gets implemented is another matter but the goods news is we have been heard and hopefully may see this one day.

Each update now appears to require that I go back in time and complete research that did not previously exist

Expect more of it, they are pushing lots of battle stuff so they can move on from it soon. At least we are warned of how long till the techs become compulsory and be grateful they didn't dump every tech on you at once and make it compulsory ;)

It is good to see cerberus and mortar techs coming in as both are useful. Humans desperately need their heavy range unit up to its third upgrade as they are disadvantaged without it.

DeletedUser363

When the rebalancing started we were told it would take 3 updates...well, they are done...and the rebalancing has not finished, why should we believe anything that they say?
The Dev's don't want me scouting and clearing provinces, yet I am getting compulsory quests to do just that.

This is becoming more and more of a farce

BekBel

Adventurer
Thanks for spending time just to describe it. Was scrolling around for a previous post on this but lacks details.

There are loads of bugs not fixed,un-addressed or simply ignored. The best that mods does is either claim its done or just delete it.And actual programmers keep go with their schedule. Bad as it sounds, it is represented as such.

I bet there are those who feel they should be placed on a pedestal and given pat on their shoulder for doing a "good" job. Alas, feedbacks taste both bitter and sweet.

It is pretty annoying especially you are in th midst of redesigning your city, collecting supplies etc. If it were to be a button offered to home to Main Hall in ANY city when needed should be sufficient to please all parties.
That's a good idea, a button to focus on the main hall in your own and other peoples cities.

That reminds me too, what happened to clicking on the cliff buildings and having that take you to the relevant AW? That would come in handy for me right now trying to donate to crystal lighthouses and bell spires to get runes. For some reason, crystal lighthouse is really hard to find in some peoples cities.

DeletedUser363

clicking on the cliff buildings
This was removed as it was causing problems for some players that had buildings near the cliffs, when they went to collect from their buildings they were moved to their AW's instead

focus on the main hall in your own and other peoples cities.

When you enter someone else's city you are already focused on their Main Hall;)

DeletedUser1816

I like the changes, thank you!
Yes, it's somewhat annoying to have additional techs, but I like the new fighting system.
I don't fight much in the provinces yet, but the first 2 rounds of the tournaments are virtually free (a few 100 supplies) with auto fighting...

@Mykan : Thanks for your great fighting guide!

DeletedUser

What annoys me most about this update is going back AGAIN for techs I will never use. "Play as you want" not so much.

DeletedUser2054

I like the changes, thank you!
Yes, it's somewhat annoying to have additional techs, but I like the new fighting system.
I don't fight much in the provinces yet, but the first 2 rounds of the tournaments are virtually free (a few 100 supplies) with auto fighting...

@Mykan : Thanks for your great fighting guide!

Please tell everyone how much you like the fighting system once you actually try to fight in the provinces and you're against Heavy squads that are nearly as large as the size of your light squads, and keep in mind this at a point when you're "right where you should be" according to INNO.