• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Solstice

DeletedUser1925

thank you for your sarcasm when I pointed out the obvious to you, you cited having to use energy for your computer in order to complete quests on the Solstice event when you are already playing Elvenar.
What? I use pencil+paper calculator. Is the new method for spreadsheets. INNO should consider it... Before any "updates."

I encounter, scout more provinces because of event, workshops with different productions. So... more energy spent.

DeletedUser219

I encounter, scout more provinces because of event, workshops with different productions. So... more energy spent.

So, you're looking for an Event that will give you all sorts of free stuff, that you get to choose, without expending any more time or energy? I really do hope that that sounds as silly to you as it does to me.:rolleyes:

Killiak

Artisan
There are posts today on the beta forum about the daily quests finishing 2 days early, people can still redeem the moonsplinters it seems but the daily quests have disappeared - its probably worth keeping an eye on this to see if its likely to happen to us as well.

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...odic-quest-disappeared-daily.5771/#post-37335

Just did the daily quest, and it disappeared after. Meaning we get 2 more days of event without quest.
So if people saved up their splinters, I hope you get a nice deal in the coming 2 days!

Valnad

Spellcaster
Just did the daily quest, and it disappeared after. Meaning we get 2 more days of event without quest.
So if people saved up their splinters, I hope you get a nice deal in the coming 2 days!

Yeah, same here. Filed a bug report about it, thinking it was not intentional.

Silly ol' me.

DeletedUser

Yeah, me too. Really disappointing! The whole Summer Solstice thing started so well, but then it's looking like fizzling out at the end, just like the last one!

DeletedUser

Yeah, I lost interest in it a while ago. There is only so many times you can buy knowledge points, solve encounters, build troops, make spells ( which sometimes didn't credit ) or upgrade buildings ( which would not credit when finished when I was off line ). Add to that there were still the usual two quests always out there asking for similar things.

It's like when I went to the University and lived in the dorms. The first time through the cafeteria menu I thought the food was good. The second time through the menu rotation it was o.k. By the third time the menu rotated through it was time to order pizza.

DeletedUser

I enjoyed having the extra quests - I like a challenge, and having more of them was what made the Solstice so fun, because it was hard work to get through them as well as the normal ones, and still achieve ranking points too! It's just that if someone holds up a thing, and says "here's what you can win by doing this", whether in this game or in other real-life competitions, I like to know that I could reasonably work through the quests and achieve those prizes. I really enjoyed the random prizes, and the fact that they gave you percentage odds of achieving them - it made me balance up whether to save my points to get better odds on prizes I wanted, or to spend them. I liked the variability in the day-to-day prizes. I just didn't like that the non-daily quests ran out, and the daily ones ran out two days early. My hope is that the team that works on developing the game - and others like it - takes the feedback they get into account to make future events and stuff better!

DeletedUser129

They need to make the end result achievable through the players hard work and effort,for those willing to try, not just blind luck and the ability to spend gold,this series of quests just left me with a bad taste in my mouth and a lack of achievement :(

DeletedUser2238

Thats not an explanation, that the support crew coming up with some crap.

The whole event was fixed, so that eventually players would need to purchase diamonds to get the 2nd or 3rd grand prizes...
As i have already been told by someone in the support team (which i think maybe they shouldn't of told me that) that it was intended that players would need to be extremely lucky and open all chests and get moon splinters from every chest they open...which for some of you....you might be the 1% of players that got lucky but i highly doubt it.
So no quests left and not enough to open 1 last chest? No? Well now you can make Inno games very happy because you now get to spend your hard earned cash on expensive diamonds to open potentially crap chests...

I can't wait for this post to either get deleted or wait for a awesome reply by forum admin with some excuse.

Have fun guys

Edit: Zanyah - 2016-08-28 - removed an inappropriate word.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The reason for the daily ones running out is as per this thread from the Beta Forum - the last post is the explanation

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...lstice-episodic-quest-disappeared-daily.5771/

That is not an explanation, it is an excuse.
They could have made the last quest able to be completed in one day, rather than giving you two days for the second last quest..
Since they decided what the last quest would be, kinda easy to make it easy?
#InnoDoesItAgain

DeletedUser

I am disgusted with this, i worked hard on this and also spent some money, now they have made it impossible to continue without spending a lot of money.
I know they have to make money but this is just too much.

Quests should be achievable, difficult is fine but impossible without throwing bucket loads of cash at it is unacceptable.
I will not give them another penny of my money.

Valnad

Spellcaster
I am disgusted with this, i worked hard on this and also spent some money, now they have made it impossible to continue without spending a lot of money.
I know they have to make money but this is just too much.

Quests should be achievable, difficult is fine but impossible without throwing bucket loads of cash at it is unacceptable.
I will not give them another penny of my money.

This is what I think they need to realize, so that they finally alter their strategy for the future.

I am convinced that there are plenty more players like you, who would be willing to make a micro transaction every now and then as long as the reward felt worth the price and it didn't "break" the game by turning it into yet another pure Pay To Win failure.

Sure there are some whales out there who are willing to pay for just about anything as long as it's new and shiny and separates them from those who are not spending as much (or nothing at all) on the game. But those whales are in the minority, and basing your entire income strategy on pleasing them will effectively agonize the rest of the player base.

There is absolutely no harm done in rewarding both activity AND enable those less active to pay for bonuses in order to make up for less time spent on the game. It would attract many more players to compete, which in turn would put more "freeloaders" in the top charts and in the end that would incite more players to pay for diamonds since the competition for top rank becomes more challenging.

This pretty much sums up my frustration. From where I'm standing, they're throwing away a great opportunity just by being short-sighted. The revenues will suffer from it, the players will suffer from it and in the end, everybody loses.

DeletedUser

This is what I think they need to realize, so that they finally alter their strategy for the future.

I am convinced that there are plenty more players like you, who would be willing to make a micro transaction every now and then as long as the reward felt worth the price and it didn't "break" the game by turning it into yet another pure Pay To Win failure.

Exactly. I really feel that micro transactions made by many people is a better strategy than making in game currency really expensive and constantly making players like they are being pushed to spend. The more I feel like that, the less inclined I am to spend money. I have 500 diamonds left for which I could buy 50! moon splinters for a 7% chance to get today's reward. Or I could spend 20 Eur and with the diamonds I still have plus the moon splinters I already have, I'd have 320 splinters, so 2 25% chances for the main prize. I'm afraid that's a terrible offer. However, it seems to work for Inno, so evidently we are wrong.

Valnad

Spellcaster
I'm afraid that's a terrible offer. However, it seems to work for Inno, so evidently we are wrong.

But are we really? :)

Every developer should be at least midly interested in finding out more about their primary customer groups. It stands without reason that this game could be more successful both in terms of attracting more new players and keeping the current ones more content with where the game is heading. I don't even think that Inno themselves would deny that fact.

If we allow ourselves to slide a bit further away from the topic, non-PVP browser games are unique in the how they seem to always attract a much higher percentage of older players compared to other game formats. So let us hypothesise that many Elvenar players are older than the average teenager. With age comes wisdom, as they say. Older players usually have more money to spend freely on leisure, but they are also picky about what they spend it on. If the price is high, what you get in return should feel more like a sound investment, one that will last for quite a while without suddenly becoming or feeling useless. If the price is low, the demands and expectations of the purchase are obviously going to be much lower as well. The lack of PvP elements also tends to be favored by (since we are generalising) players who invest themselves in fewer games simultaneously and in turn stay more loyal and sticks around longer in the titles they have invested themselves in.

So how could Inno make better use of that knowledge?

But that, my friend, is for a whole other thread and topic ;)

As for the event itself, I still enjoyed it and got reasonably good rewards from it without spending anything but time. Sad that they made every active player confused about the ending though and that the second Grand Prize level was unobtainable even for players who spend hours on a daily basis monitoring their cities.