• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Oh my word what have they done ?

DeletedUser247

I have to say I got the gaps refilled and got a whole lot of new neighbours. Some of them are actually visiting me back and I'm getting supplies in return , not just farming inactive for gold so I can say I'm very pleased.
I 'm just sorry I didn't pay more attention and kept the track of how long it was before they got replaced. But no, it wasn't THAT long at all and I dont feel I lost anything.

DeletedUser

What can I say ... you are lucky.

For me I have 3 days without any new neighbor and 500k lost in coins ...

DeletedUser

2 more days have passed and from 15 neighbors I'm left with 11 (one new discovered).

No new neighbors. Lost over one million in coins ....

Does someone take some action for what happens?

DeletedUser66

2 more days have passed and from 15 neighbors I'm left with 11 (one new discovered).

No new neighbors. Lost over one million in coins ....

Does someone take some action for what happens?
I would suggest sending in a support ticket. Something doesn't seem right with what's happening to you.

You should have had neighbors already which I've checked and you are still in a quiet, lonely barren land.

DeletedUser

Thanks Da Twista, but support says that nothing can be done ... so yes ... this is the game.

DeletedUser3

Thanks for your feedback on this issue folks! For now I am monitoring the situation, particularly in regard to how long it takes for deleted inactive neighbours to be replaced, and will pass on my observations. I have also passed on your concerns, both from this thread and elsewhere :)

DeletedUser66

Well Ni-ka, good news - I see you finally have some new neighbors again :)

DeletedUser

Yes, finally I have all neighbours.

Still pretty upset of the change and how it was handled. For me immediate impact was 2 days of stagnation (because I could help neighbours and receive coins).

DeletedUser294

Ni-ka and Altarius, all the high ranked players are experiencing the same issues you are having now (I think it is safe to presume you all registered around the same time). It's not just you alone.

Checking on the map, those players ranked very close above you have level 16000s around them which means they lost and gained new neighbors already. You are going through this transition at the moment and players registered just after you will go through the same ordeal too.

One of my fellowship members and a good friend of mine lost most of her neighbors too, it took her three days to get them all back. Only three days...

I can hardly see it being unfair towards you and your rank if all the players are going to experience the exact same thing, just at different times. Perhaps some are lucky enough to have a few extra active players around them - but nothing I could call an unfair advantage.

Altarius has opened an idea post on this forum, maybe the developers will find the idea viable and implement it.

Never at any point have i lost this many neighbors , i have 93 and 2 are inactive ..., this could be fixed easy by doing the "ghosttown" mode...
Cause it´s not even at the moment...

DeletedUser310

I had 45 neighbors 2 weeks ago, now I have 11. I used diamonds to help expand, so have paid real money to get additional daily income. This has been taken away, and although i have put in a support request, i am still losing more neighbors, and have not gained a single one over the last 2 weeks. Active neighbors are leaving because of this, which affects trading as well. I understand the reasons behind this, and missing neighbors for a few days would not be a problem, but this length of time, with no idea how much longer its going to go on for is ridiculous.

DeletedUser310

and once again, another has left my neighborhood today, with no new additions :(

DeletedUser126

Gaps on my map were filled and are still active as far as being able to visit and collect coin. The problem is that most of the new players haven't done much more than set up the main hall and a couple of buildings. Within a few weeks there will be as many gaps in my map as there were when the last culling occurred.
Maybe the map could be condensed and bring all active players within range so that this doesn't happen in future culling. I have no knowledge of coding and don't know if this is possible. It just makes sense to have all active players within a specific area.

DeletedUser547

I've had this issue across both "worlds".
The main, I lost 5 neighbours and had them filled in about a day...not so bad.
The second, I've had neighbours missing from the start, only about 2-3 weeks into that city and currently at 9 missing neighbours and that whole area has no people waiting to be found either.

Looking like it's not worth doing both.

DeletedUser701

I started in the new world when it started and don't seem to have either problems so maybe I'm lucky.

DeletedUser

That's certainly not true. I was amazed at how much time and effort went into testing the features in the game especially with the recent QA testing on Fellowships. Everything is thoroughly tested before release.

I can understand you're upset because you lost a handful of coins. But this feature was put in place to promote activity amongst your neighbors, you'll have those days where you will lose a few while they are being replaced - and hopefully with some luck, better active ones. Personally I feel it's a better option to have active neighbors helping you rather than having no help from neighbors at all.

Everything is thoroughly tested before release. ??????????????????????????????

That is absolutely not true. Updates are released and they contain more flaws than previous updates. Updates attempt to fix bugs then make the game worse by creating more bugs. If they thoroughly tested each and every update for bugs then why does it seem that this game takes one step forward and 2 back?

DeletedUser1295

Everything is thoroughly tested before release. ??????????????????????????????

That is absolutely not true. Updates are released and they contain more flaws than previous updates. Updates attempt to fix bugs then make the game worse by creating more bugs. If they thoroughly tested each and every update for bugs then why does it seem that this game takes one step forward and 2 back?

Rome was not built in 1 day... (corrected this phrase with thx to a very observant Prendyo!)
I agree with you that not ALL flaws in the game are solved in a new update, thank you for noticing and informing us about this!
HOWEVER:
You - as a very observant player - may also have noticed is that the Devs concentrate on solving the main probs first. I'm sure you can agree on that statement ;-)
I presume you are an active player on the beta-server, helping the devs with highly-detailed statements about bugs in the game.
Imho this may be the source of your discomfort in the game on this live-server - seeing here that not all your bug-reports were taken care of...
Please be aware that ALL bug notices on the beta-server are taken seriously, still as I stated at the beginning of this answer:
Rome was not built in 1 day...

I really do hope you will continue supporting the devs by reporting bugs so they can continue to keep this game a wonderful experience for all players!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser277

Rome was not conquered in 1 day...

I apologise in advance zanyah, but I could not resist. The ancient city of Rome was actually 'conquered' in a single day by the Visigoths on August 24th 410 AD. This was the first time in about 800 years that invaders had entered the city. The event is more commonly referred to as 'the Sack of Rome'.

I think that the phrase you were intending to use is "Rome was not built in 1 day" :p

DeletedUser1295

I apologise in advance zanyah, but I could not resist. The ancient city of Rome was actually 'conquered' in a single day by the Visigoths on August 24th 410 AD. This was the first time in about 800 years that invaders had entered the city. The event is more commonly referred to as 'the Sack of Rome'.

I think that the phrase you were intending to use is "Rome was not built in 1 day" :p

No need at all to apologise Prendyo, you are absolutely right and I corrected my reply accordingly :) THX!!!

DeletedUser

I have a related question. On A, I have always had a lot of gaps near me, which I presume means I'm on an edge. I now have over half gaps on W, and they have already been there for three days, with a few more disappearing each day. Based on what's been said, these are possibly very large purges? I just find it frustrating to have lost so many neighbors, and not seeing any new ones appear.

Yes, active players would be better. But I would prefer some sort of option in the game of towns we could at least visit for coins.