• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Video Ad's

m4rt1n

Adept
Hi guy's I just got a video ad collect on the edge of my city, same like event currency.

Is this a new feature as this is a first for me.

Jake65

Sage
One appeared in my city, I clicked it and my adblocker stopped it :rolleyes:
I've disabled the adblocker but it's gone, hopefully it returns....

Jake65

Sage
One appeared in my city, I clicked it and my adblocker stopped it :rolleyes:
I've disabled the adblocker but it's gone, hopefully it returns....
Works on my phone but not on PC.
Selectable production boost for watching a one minute ad. Nice!! :)

Not only the video ad. Do you have additional tab in Open researchs which also make link with video and gave 1 KP. I was able to repeated 3 times and received 3KP.

Jake65

Sage
Not only the video ad. Do you have additional tab in Open researchs which also make link with video and gave 1 KP. I was able to repeated 3 times and received 3KP.
Yes, thanks, had a look now and it's there.
I did find the Hobby Room in my builders hut :)

Killiak

Artisan
Not just that; everybody should check their production line in the Magic Academy! Places have been swapped and productions have been automatically changed.

@anonglitch @Herodite
Are these Video Ads and Magic Academy changes intentional? Or a bug?
And if they are intentional, why the bloody blazes are we not getting any ANNOUNCEMENTS when it comes to such changes?

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
I'm not going to watch it. Sick of ads popping up in everything I do. Also just popped up in Tournament when using a health restore spell. Eeesh . Not even had the decency to warn people about it. I'll be leaving the game if this is how it's going to go

Last edited:

m4rt1n

Adept
Yes the hobby room gives a 20% boost to coins, supplies, goods etc for 3 hours per ad watched up to 4 max per day.

m4rt1n

Adept
My ad's have all been 6 second long stills so far so bearable but if that changes I'll stop watching them as they are currently voluntary

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I just clicked on an ad thinking I'll make a cuppa while it's running and it was so short that I didn't even have time to stand up. 5 seconds is a very short time, it takes longer to collect the production. I'm fine with it.
It does show though that nobody is immune to the current economic climate. It wouldn't surprise me if gaming industry felt it the most.

m4rt1n

Adept
It has been said by my fellows that all the ad's on PC are less than 10 seconds but on the app the minimum is 30 seconds and some a full minute, hardly fair in my opinion and causing some disgruntlement in my fellowship.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Not just that; everybody should check their production line in the Magic Academy! Places have been swapped and productions have been automatically changed.
Thanks. I thought I was either going mad, or having a senior citizen moment. Fortunately I reloaded my productions before it all went down the toilet. :p