• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Buried City

OldHag

Necromancer
yes, shovels to dig up the tombstone things....lol :)
I found them, I dug them up and I carried on forward.

p.s I used my donkeys to buy shovels and still only got 7 artefacts :)

Sir Derf

Adept
Politely suggest that you are missing the point of my post.

Flasks and vials, under the right circumstances, can more efficiently find and uncover tombstone thingees than shovels. More efficient = more squares found = more thingees collected = more artifacts.

A shovel only strategy is not the best strategy.

As a second question, did you use your shovels to find every square? Using shovels to expose back squares one at a time is less efficient than either using shovels to advance the map or to expose multiple squares.

Some shovel only strategies are worse than others.

Jake65

Sage
I tried to only get the 420(?) donkey package. Much better value.
Also feeding the funky chicken (ashen phoenix I think) helps.
But ultimately I think SirDerf's #1 is spot on.

Sir Derf

Adept
I think the original JRR said it best...

“One RNG to rule them all,
One RNG to find them,
One RNG to bring them all
and in the darkness prevent them all from obtaining the rewards to which they thought they were entitled to.”

Of course, you can still shoot yourself in the foot by selecting substandard strategies and search styles.

Jake65

Sage
I think the original JRR said it best...

“One RNG to rule them all,
One RNG to find them,
One RNG to bring them all
and in the darkness prevent them all from obtaining the rewards to which they thought they were entitled to.”

Of course, you can still shoot yourself in the foot by selecting substandard strategies and search styles.
Could be a catchy FS name: The Fellowship of the RNG :D

DeletedUser12365

I just picked up a reward from the event, the graphic and text box said it was the daily reward, but when I collected it, I got supplies.
Yeah that happened to me too I think its a glitch

OldHag

Necromancer

Flasks and vials, under the right circumstances, can more efficiently find and uncover tombstone thingees than shovels. More efficient = more squares found = more thingees collected = more artifacts.

As a second question, did you use your shovels to find every square? Using shovels to expose back squares one at a time is less efficient than either using shovels to advance the map or to expose multiple squares.

I found flasks and vials as I went through, it's a case of using them in the right spot, I didn't get lucky with those everytime. To your 2nd question - no, I don't do backwards. :)

Shovels are cheap and cheerful.

Sir Derf

Adept
Didn't get lucky... as in, didn't find tombstone thingees? Well, consider that you would have been equally unlucky if you had used shovels. The question isn't how lucky/unlucky you are with a tool, but how many squares you need found and uncovered are found and uncovered by the tool. I'm glad you used flasks and vials as you found them, and yes, shovels are cheap, but I again politely suggest that you might have been inefficient at finding and clearing squares.

OldHag

Necromancer
shakes head.......this is not my first event, but this is the first time I've won so few artefacts, every other evolving building I have is at level 10 and some of them I can make multiples of (I have over 2 pages of left over artefacts) if I were able to make/win multiple bases ( I do have multiples of some) so, whilst my buying shovels at 10 donkeys per shovel is, according to you inefficient, it's worked perfectly well in previous events of the same type. :)

Regarding the survey, the reason I'm disappointed in that is because it didn't ask if I had achieved a fully evolved building at the end of it, I thought/hoped they might have been interested in how many players managed to get a fully evolved building from the event, but it would seem they are not interested in gathering that data.

BonnyGwen

Spellcaster
I got a fully evolved building from the event plus a spare artifact from silver league.
I spent donkeys only on the 420 lights package up till the end and then on single lanterns when I had nothing left for the larger light packages.
The iDavis video was quite helpful in learning to use the lights strategically to find and uncover things.

Pauly7

Magus

Just to miss the point of a post again...

Are they shovels? I always thought they were trowels.

Stucon

Illusionist
I got a fully evolved building from the event plus a spare artifact from silver league.
I spent donkeys only on the 420 lights package up till the end and then on single lanterns when I had nothing left for the larger light packages.
The iDavis video was quite helpful in learning to use the lights strategically to find and uncover things.
I did all the same and got 8 artefacts!

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I've given up on working hard to get fully evolved main prize. I just focus on getting dailies and if I get the main prize in the same time then great. I've had enough of worrying whether I'll get it fully evolved or not as lately they're making it hard. I still managed to get 7 artifacts but they'll very likely will sit in my inventory for a very long time.

Pauly7

Magus
Well the horse has already bolted now, so to speak, but the best strategy in these events is to just keep punching a hole through the middle and only exposing that biggest numbers of squares at once. It is absolutely best to light up columns and "squares of squares" when they are available, but never go back, OCD style, to open up the squares, or smaller groups of squares that were missed. Just keep ploughing forwards. The squares that have been missed are never more inviting than the extra new squares that you would fail to reach.

Sir Derf

Adept
Why would they need a survey to determine if you got a fully-evolved building out of the event?

They have access to every account, they know how far every player got in the event, they know how many artifacts every player won, how many artifacts were purchased, how many are sitting in each player's inventory, how many players have deployed the building, how many have upgraded the building, and how many have full-evolved buildings. Surveys are for them to learn the things inside our heads and hearts, not the things inside our inventories and cities.

I am still seeing this event's images when my city loads and when switching to the world map. Almost like the default background images. But, when there is another event (like the recent, Gateway to the Past), the corresponding images are shown. Is this normal? I have cleared the cache, and this happens only in the browser version.
Screenshot from 2022-08-25 A.png

Screenshot from 2022-08-25 B.png