• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Choice of Avatars

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Fun Fact! This Events Avatar is Gender Fluid!! :)

If you notice the Loading Screen for the Event, both sexes have Magnificent Beards!! And so our Avatar represents both! :cool:

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I think that Inno’s in a difficult situation regarding the avatars. We all have a different personality so our perfect avatar would be quite unique. When they use a male avatar then women aren’t happy, when they use a female avatar then men aren’t happy. When they use a young avatar then more mature people aren’t happy, when they use a beautiful avatar then people that don’t care about image aren’t happy etc, etc, etc.

I think that it would be easier for them to stay out of it, stop offering avatars as prizes and maybe even let us to use our own images as avatars.

Personally, I’m proud to be Human and I don’t like making any other distinctions to keep it fully fair and not to prefer one group over the other but unfortunately all human images make some preference of one group, so I choose complete neutrality and that makes it very hard to pick from the offered avatars too.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
I think that Inno’s in a difficult situation regarding the avatars.
Are they though?

past event: great job, now you can be this dude!
past event: great job, now you can be this flower creature!
past event: great job, now you can be this old dude!
past event: great job, now you can be this animal!
past event: great job, now you can be this other dude too!
player: hey, can we have some women avatars thrown in there?
current event: great job, now you can be this bearded lady!
female player base: <record scratch> errr...?
next event probably: great job, you can be this genderless cement block!

Like their hands are tied to only this path with no possible other probabilities of outcome? For a fantasy game, that is quite unimaginative.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Are they though?

past event: great job, now you can be this dude!
past event: great job, now you can be this flower creature!
past event: great job, now you can be this old dude!
past event: great job, now you can be this animal!
past event: great job, now you can be this other dude too!
player: hey, can we have some women avatars thrown in there?
current event: great job, now you can be this bearded lady!
female player base: <record scratch> errr...?
next event probably: great job, you can be this genderless cement block!

Like their hands are tied to only this path with no possible other probabilities of outcome? For a fantasy game, that is quite unimaginative.

It is a difficult situation for everyone, there's constant complains about inequality. The previous complain about avatars was that they are too young looking.
Also, I think that their avatars are imaginative (my personal opinion) but surely not equally representative of population groups just in case you misunderstood. I actually think it's impossible to make everyone happy unless you offer a unique avatar to each player. You make one group happy then some other group will start complaining. It's impossible to group people into even 100 pigeon holes (avatars).
And genderless cement block is great, I'm pretty sure that there's someone out there that might like it. :p:D

Avaline

Alchemist
It is a difficult situation for everyone, there's constant complains about inequality. The previous complain about avatars was that they are too young looking.
Also, I think that their avatars are imaginative (my personal opinion) but surely not equally representative of population groups just in case you misunderstood. I actually think it's impossible to make everyone happy unless you offer a unique avatar to each player. You make one group happy then some other group will start complaining. It's impossible to group people into even 100 pigeon holes (avatars).
And genderless cement block is great, I'm pretty sure that there's someone out there that might like it. :p:D
Oh please, the solution is very simple let players choose from a Tome at the end of the event, yes in this case Inno's designers would have to work just a little bit more to create more avatars but the mechanism of choosing is already implemented. Do you know Zodiac's event avatar is male again? I mean really.. its like schadenfreude said male, flower, male, animal, male, gender fluid!!!, male again.. its not like we ask for a pretty young and blonde avatar with long hair and red lips, we ask for a female one but not breaded for god sake!

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Oh please, the solution is very simple let players choose from a Tome at the end of the event, yes in this case Inno's designers would have to work just a little bit more to create more avatars but the mechanism of choosing is already implemented. Do you know Zodiac's event avatar is male again? I mean really.. its like schadenfreude said male, flower, male, animal, male, gender fluid!!!, male again.. its not like we ask for a pretty young and blonde avatar with long hair and red lips, we ask for a female one but not breaded for god sake!

So you would not like to choose the avatar yourself?
Personally, I want an avatar that shows sun and sunshine or maybe sunset/sunrise. I'd love that :)

Avaline

Alchemist
So you would not like to choose the avatar yourself?
Personally, I want an avatar that shows sun and sunshine or maybe sunset/sunrise. I'd love that :)
:rolleyes: No, I don't want to upload my own avatar I wanna have the option to choose from a list, thats why I have mentioned the Tomes, this is one thing that would make everyone happy, maybe if you are a nice cement block you will receive your sunset avatar at some point. :p

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
:rolleyes: No, I don't want to upload my own avatar I wanna have the option to choose from a list, thats why I have mentioned the Tomes, this is one thing that would make everyone happy, maybe if you are a nice cement block you will receive your sunset avatar at some point. :p

I'm not sure how this would make everyone happy. Even @Alcaro wanted a dog as avatar in other discussions. As you said yourself before, you don't like a black lady (here) so even for you to be happy you need a specific avatar to like it and everyone's like that so that's fine.
Uploading your own avatar will give you the avatar you want, asking to create more diverse avatars is not guaranteed to make you happy unless you give them specific instructions to what you want. There's also thousands of other players to think of and not all of them will like what you like.

PS. I'm not sure what you mean for me to be a nice "cement block".

kimkimkim

Summoner
although I like the idea of being able to upload my own avatar, I personally think that Inno would not go for it.....it would just turn into another thing they would have to take the time out and "police" like they do with usernames and fellowship names, to ensure nothing vulgar or inappropriate makes it's way into the game....

on a personal note though - when I completed chapter 19 research for ultimate power, I was kind of hoping that it would have unlocked avatars that may have been missed from events.....instead I got some freaky hair looking dude :rolleyes:

schadenfreude

Enchanter
Maybe they need to remove avatars altogether. That will solve the issue too.
Really? Like no, they can't throw ONE female avatar in there. It's so objectionable that we go straight to nobody can have an avatar? What are they so afraid of? I don't think it's giving us something nobody wants if my mystery object prizes are any indication.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Really? Like no, they can't throw ONE female avatar in there. It's so objectionable that we go straight to nobody can have an avatar? What are they so afraid of? I don't think it's giving us something nobody wants if my mystery object prizes are any indication.

So what you're saying that giving us one random female avatar will stop future complaints about inequality?

Avaline

Alchemist
I'm not sure how this would make everyone happy. Even @Alcaro wanted a dog as avatar in other discussions. As you said yourself before, you don't like a black lady (here) so even for you to be happy you need a specific avatar to like it and everyone's like that so that's fine.
Uploading your own avatar will give you the avatar you want, asking to create more diverse avatars is not guaranteed to make you happy unless you give them specific instructions to what you want. There's also thousands of other players to think of and not all of them will like what you like.

PS. I'm not sure what you mean for me to be a nice "cement block".
After analyzing the subject more I have come to the conclusion that choosing from a list is a more viable solution than the current offering and more easy to implement. If i had to choose from the black lady, the breaded gender fluid and all other avatars gained from this year events i would happily pick the lady for myself.

Avaline

Alchemist
So what you're saying that giving us one random female avatar will stop future complaints about inequality?
With the same frequency as male avatars and animals/objects are offered, this is equality.

PS: no Silly Bubble this reply doesn't mean i quit the idea of Tome avatars if we get some female avatars in the future events because I'm not that selfish to consider I get what i wanted for now so problem solved. I think my suggestion is a good game improvement and very easy to solve. In my opinion offering avatars as rewards in events is a good move and Inno knows it as well, but this thing needs more equality gender related.

Last edited:

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
With the same frequency as male avatars and animals/objects are offered, this is equality.

PS: no Silly Bubble this reply doesn't mean i quit the idea of Tome avatars if we get some female avatars in the future events because I'm not that selfish to consider I get what i wanted for now so problem solved. I think my suggestion is a good game improvement and very easy to solve. In my opinion offering avatars as rewards in events is a good move and Inno knows it as well, but this thing needs more equality gender related.

In that case what about the avatars that we already have. Do they need to be equally distributed too? I had a look at mine and it seems there's more female avatars but that could be subject to opinion as with some of them it's really hard to tell so I classed them as neutral. Some people might have a different opinion. It's possible that they're trying to make it more equal considering all avatars rather than just event avatars. I just can't image that nowadays someone would do such a political error as choosing one group over the other.
Also, true equality matches the population for example if there's 30% female players than there should be 30% female avatars. This why I'm saying that it's not easy to achieve true equality this way, the easiest way is to stay out of it and focus on more important things about us like personality.
I'm not the enemy here, I'm fed up with inequality and I want a permanent fix fair to everyone not just some temporary superficial fix that causes other problems like age inequality etc.