• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Recent content by Turing

1. Daily Player Seeking Temporary or Permanent Min. 10-Chest FS - Arendyll EN1

We - Cackleberries - might suit. The core of the FS is long-term fairly steady players much as you describe yourself. We always do at least 10 tourney chests, typically 12 except in scrolls. Always silver spire rewards, although not much more - it's not mega-popular. FA we always clear all 3...
  2. Surplus Rune Shards can be swapped for Knowledge Points - now in Beta

No, because it's multiplying by (333 + wonder_levels). The first level adds 0.3% to the size. If you already have 160-ish levels that will drop to 0.2% extra.
  3. The 'Buried City' questline event starts in Beta February 2022

So no FA between the current (live) event and this one?
  4. Question Scouting Impact

Minmax's formula says yes, but only up to a maximum of 700% anyway, which would be the maximum without MH. So in practice no. IIRC somewhere he said it's hard to test if the MH does increase it if you haven't already got 700% relic boost - because few people have the MH upgraded much then. By...
  5. Question Scouting Impact

I've seen this term before, but never understood it. What is the orc wall, and how far out is it?
  6. Rebalance T2 goods research costs in ch15-16

"Why" is only speculation, but it seems almost certain. I had a glance at the totals for other goods across chapters, and although individual techs require this or that, the chapter totals for goods (including sentient) is either identical across a tier, or the difference is tiny. Except for...
  7. Surplus Rune Shards can be swapped for Knowledge Points - now in Beta

It should be impossible. WS tracks total donations, and queues up AWs to be filled based on who has the best net donation (ie put most in minus amount received, minus chests won). So once the person first in the queue has their AW filled, that's a big negative balance and they'll be at the...
  8. Surplus Rune Shards can be swapped for Knowledge Points - now in Beta

Before your high horse reaches a full gallop... from what I can see in the beta forum it sounds like the limit has been there for a while. It may be nothing new; it's just that normal players would never have hit it before. It also sounds like if you have been playing a while, and are normally...
  9. Rebalance T2 goods research costs in ch15-16

In game it feels like scrolls is now in short supply compared to crystal/silk. Partly this was to be expected when the library rebalanced - scrolls boosted players may not have built so many manu since they were hard to trade (my account with scrolls I focused just on T1, T3). However there...
  10. No Rules Fellowship but not "retirement"

We - Cackleberries - sound like what you're describing. We get 12 chests in the tourney each week, silver spire, and 10th in the last FA. That's with no minimums or specific requirements at all. No real rules, although trades are generally expected to be 2* (or 3), unless asking for help in...
  11. Question Hold off entering new chapter

But it's not exponential, the formula is linear with the number of expansions. Whether you can get as good a benefit from event troop buildings as you can from the 3 fixed barracks is the question.
  12. Surplus Rune Shards can be swapped for Knowledge Points - now in Beta

I'd mostly agree that the weekly amounts for most players aren't game-breaking. Although... in provinces 10+ we currently get 11kp; this will add another 30 if traded - roughly quadrupling the kp from the tourney. And looking at some AW donation chests it looks like the runes could be worth...
  13. Surplus Rune Shards can be swapped for Knowledge Points - now in Beta

Err, it's 10kp PER INDIVIDUAL SHARD??? Even more if given away? I've only being playing 18 months or so, but even for me that's a LOT of kp - I'm in the hundreds on all the early wonders. There's going to be a lot of low-level players getting free upgrades - multiple complete levels - from the...
  14. Frustration at lack of Fellowship Adventure

Except... they didn't "encourage" people to buy during the event. They gave no hint there would be no FA and no extra artifacts, so most people didn't use any diamonds to get the last artifact in the belief there were likely to be 2 free artifacts along shortly and it would be a waste of...
  15. Remove gender question in forum profile details

Well, hypothetically, if they discovered 99% of the existing users were male, wouldn't that imply there's something wrong with the existing marketing? Even though the game is not gender related, personal info such as gender, age etc does provide a check on the reach of the existing marketing