• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Recent content by randblade

1. Discussion Upcoming Tournament Changes

@Silmaril can you please confirm if it is intentional that battles should be literally unwinnable? Previously "difficulty" (the ratio between our squads and enemy squads) was capped at 160% for six stars. 145% for five stars which gives the KP. Looking at Beta forum it appears over 200% ratio is...
  2. Discussion Sorcerers' Pilgrimage

There's nothing to justify there sorry, but that's basic maths that its entirely possible. The odds of getting zero dailies from 6 attempts at 25% is very easy to calculate, it is: (1 - 25%) ^ 6 = 17.8% To put in comparison if you had a single dice, rolled it once and got a 1 the odds of that...
  3. Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

The biggest issue to me seems to be not what is included or not included (though it is utterly ludicrous that premium expansions for instance are included at all) . . . but the insane difficulties being quoted. If a battle is literally unwinnable with autofighting then that is not reasonable...
  4. Unfair diamond costs

20% VAT would be my guess. In the UK (and continental Europe) we quote prices including VAT, whereas in the US they quote prices without sales tax.
  5. Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Thank you for confirming that. Out of curiosity you ever see eg 2-3 from the same tier of goods at the same time (eg Scrolls and Crystal, or Marble, Planks and Steel) or is it just one from a tier at a time? Also do they seem to be randomly evenly distributed or biased towards certain types?
  6. Squad Size Upgrades

You have green provinces on world map? That's nice, I've been at Very Hard for a very, very, very long time now. Surely what difficulty you have depends upon not just your SS but how many provinces you've scouted. I skipped optional SS since Fairy when I figured out (nobody told me) that it was...
  7. Magical Residencies

Buildings have always changed shape. Seems odd to be upset about that.
  8. Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

For anyone who is doing Beta on the latest chapters if you cater I'm assuming its not all 7 items asked for? How many is it? Is it fixed or random. Current system is normally 3 or 4 (3 tiers plus Orcs or 2 plus Orcs) and currently the goods amounts required are very random but it sounds from...
  9. Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Are there even any daily prizes worth winning? Haven't been any at all this year.
  10. Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

I could live with the Spire formula, that's not the red flag problem I see on the Beta forum. The Spire formula is roughly 4-5x your SS which given there's 1/4 the battles is fair enough. What's utterly insane is seeing 2x difficulty and harder in the Tournament. What's up with that? The...
  11. Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

There's an old saying "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater". Changing battles from 4 to 1 to reduce insane number of clicks was a very reasonable change to make. Doesn't mean punish people who've paid for premium expansions or jack the difficulty up through the roof. Those are different...
  12. Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Bonus armories don't help you train troops any faster. You only need enough armories to keep your training queue overnight while you sleep or while you're at work etc and you can be training 24/7. I've bought loads of premium expansions and frankly have a ton of space I have nothing to fill...
  13. Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

We will see. Personally I had more fun when the Tournament was a challenge and eg getting to 10k for the very first time and feeling like I'd accomplished something than grinding out 16k every week feeling like it was a chore that I didn't enjoy. Challenging is OK, I can live with a...
  14. Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

It's not the fault of players with bears, we did nothing wrong. I worked hard to win my bears based on what was offered at the time and everyone playing at the time had the same opportunities to win them. I went extreme to win multiple but that's because I thought they'd be valuable so put...
  15. Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Personally I'm cautiously optimistic about these changes. In particular the changing 4 battles into 1 is something I've long hoped for. Doing the Tournament had frankly become a chore rather than fun - 75 provinces is 300 battles per round 1500 per week at 5 star. I don't care if it gets more...