• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Recent content by Mr.Dave

1. Mr.Dave

Community Survey

I took the survey but wondered what anyone hoped to gain from it. Asking whether something was good or bad or inbetween, without any way to determine why we feel that way? The current event, for example. It's not very different from others but I didn't like the way it locked out one of my...
  2. Mr.Dave

Random Unannounced Beta Testing in the Live Worlds

I don't mind the new ads, they are optional and easy to ignore. But I'm seeing the rewards can be very helpful. My issue is that some get them and others (me) don't. That puts me and my fellowship at a big disadvantage in the FA, missing out on 80% boost for T1s. I always feel like Inno has...
  3. Mr.Dave

Sentient goods not balanced?

So much good help here, much appreciated. I've had a few days to work with this and I have been able to make some not-too-bad trades for Platinum and Moonstone. I'm also using a Magical Manufacturing spell every day. So between the spell and frequent trader visits and a lot of patience, I...
  4. Mr.Dave

Sentient goods not balanced?

I am unfortunately a Tree Gum producer. Can't get any better than 1-star trades, most are a 2-to-1 difference. So I now need twice as many fully-upgraded Planks factories. Can't trade in a Steel factory (my T1 producer) for population because FAs now require lots of T1 goods, so that's a...
  5. Mr.Dave

Production Indicators

I like Elvenstats... my spreadsheet lets me have a current version and a planned version, and Ctrl PgUp or Ctrl PgDn to switch back and forth. I have formulas that count the number of each type of street (so I know how many to replace and plan for), and number of temporary Workshops, Steel...
  6. Mr.Dave

Answered What are "Player-xxxxxx" cities?

Thanks for all the replies! If I find any clues in Elvenstats I'll update this. I've always had a few cities with common names like "Discovererxxxx" and "Warriorxxxx". It's just odd that so many appeared all at once, with obviously computer-assigned random numbers, mostly replacing empty...
  7. Mr.Dave

Production Indicators

I have my city laid out in a spreadsheet, and color code the buildings when I make different types of productions. Easier for me to find them later! Spreadsheet is also quite helpful for planning changes.
  8. Mr.Dave

Answered What are "Player-xxxxxx" cities?

I have 10 cities near me with the name "Player-xxxxxx" where xxxxxx is a set of 6 hex digits (0-9, abcdef). Are these real players, or something to replace empty cities? Scores in these cities change so they appear active. Just wondering since I like to give Neighborly Help to active players...
  9. Mr.Dave

Closed | Contact Support Only getting Storyline quests, no Optional quests.

Is something stuck or mixed up in my account information? Both the quest givers in my city give only Storyline quests. I'm near the end of Chapter 6 Dwarves, but this has been going on since early in the chapter. I got most (maybe all) of the optional quests one time, only a few repeated...
  10. Mr.Dave

Mysterious Place of Friendship

Thanks, I should have been clearer. I meant the "Packages" tab that shows the Happy Place of Friendship building offers. There are four tabs across the top of the shop, on my PC screen this is the third one.
  11. Mr.Dave

Mysterious Place of Friendship

Does anyone have a clue what it means on the Shop's "Packages" tab when it says "+15", "+20" and "+35"? Does it give more culture help all the time, does it increase duration or amount of given help or received help, or does it cost that much more above the prices shown?
  12. Mr.Dave

Summer Solstice

I got 4 Sharkapaloozas while trying to get a Carting Library. Once the building is implemented, it would be nice to have a choice as to how many get converted to Carting Libraries. Maybe some sort of one-time "upgrade" option for Sharkapalooza, at no cost? It was also nice (something of a...
  13. Mr.Dave

Closed | Contact Support Summer Solstice quest 83 did not trigger for building upgrade

Thanks, always good to get help! Would they change it and not update it in the game? I checked the in-game text last night and again just now, it says Level 14 or higher. I also just now checked Elvengems again and it still says 14 or higher. Seems that upgrading Steel from 13 to 14 would...
  14. Mr.Dave

Closed | Contact Support Summer Solstice quest 83 did not trigger for building upgrade

June 15, 2:00 am: I completed Summer Solstice quest 82 by gaining 6 relics in Crystal tournament, and quest 83 asked for: "Research 1 technology or Upgrade 1 building to level 14 or higher". I also had a regular chapter 6 optional quest asking to complete a Manufacturing upgrade to level 11 or...
  15. Mr.Dave

User Interface Hot Keys... PLEASE!

"Tab" key doesn't work well for HTML5 version in Chrome. Pressing Tab several times moves cursor around several Chrome window components (like the Address bar), then moves to next tab in the window in Elvenar (i.e, Trader window), then back to Chrome stuff. Need to press it about 4-6 times to...