• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Recent content by Far Reach

1. You knew it was coming....

Ranking score depends on both used population and used culture. Prior to the recent change these were massively out of kilter with each other in that (for a city with the relevant AWs maxed) culture was virtually unlimited. The best strategy for getting a high score was just to place huge number...
  2. This is one of the silliest story quests I've seen so far...

This one I understand. Think about how you would have felt if you had sold the Fortress before completing the previous quest.
  3. Cauldron Recipes

For an unchanged city, the same recipe should always produce the same set of spell percentages, max effects and durations. Things that could explain why you might not see this are: Acquiring a new diploma (changes various things), ranking up a spell (max effects are more powerful), altering the...
  4. Cauldron Recipes

I agree that this can be confusing, and my explanation is different from that of @Silly Bubbles above. The percentage given for an effect is the exact chance that it will trigger when using a goblet. The overall success chance is the sum of all of the individual effects. (If you have only two...
  5. The Cauldron

It is a little more complicated than this, since having fewer diplomas increases the cost of ranking up spell effects. I agree that deliberately not researching some optimal techs is a possible strategy choice, although I can't believe that Inno intended it as one. I don't see any of this as...
  6. The Cauldron

As a guide, (with 20 diplomas) I've bought Witch Points just over 3500 times spread equally over 15 different resources. For each of these resources, buying my next chunk of WPs will cost about 10k. Additionally, (and unlike buying KP) the costs reduce somewhat with each additional Chapter...
  7. My Own Personal Thank You....

Just to add (for those who don't know) that there is also a simple self-help option which we can each use. Clicking on a poster's name provides several buttons including ones to follow and ignore. Clicking on your own name (as given in the top right menu) allows you to see which posters you are...
  8. Fighting/catering difficulty change through chapters

My squad size in the very first Spire province is 22986. I did a quick calculation using the Aug 2020 formula, and got a value slightly different from the above. So (if I didn't make any errors) then I agree that it looks as though something has changed very slightly.
  9. Fighting/catering difficulty change through chapters

In part by making the city advancement (tech level and wonders) less important, Inno has hugely increased the impact of other factors - many of which can be purchased. Booster buildings in particular can be bought either directly, or indirectly (by spending diamonds to flip the MA). I'd say...
  10. Closed | Archived Population values when upgrading

The actual amount of population used (as opposed to what you need for the initial upgrade) is reduced by each of a couple of Ancient Wonders (Golden Abyss and Mountain Halls). That might be explaining the discrepancy you are seeing.
  11. What makes a good Hybrid?

Given a specific (already fairly optimised) city, we can calculate the cost (in terms of fraction of a square) of each unit of culture by considering the effect of the least efficient dedicated culture buildings. Using that culture value, we can now calculate the corresponding cost for each unit...
  12. City Better balancing of Evolving Buildings

The devs are best placed of course to consider the practicality of such suggestions (and as we know, very, very few are ever taken forward), but I wasn't anticipating that game performance would be affected by an implementation of this one. (The coding and other dev effort to develop/implement...
  13. City Better balancing of Evolving Buildings

The limiting factor on the use of evolving buildings is presumably intended to be the pet food needed to keep them active. However, strategies exist to get virtually the entire benefit from some evolving buildings, using just occasional feeds. Most other evolving buildings can't remotely...
  14. Chapter 20 - The Power of Music

For me the quest worked exactly as expected (and completed when I got to the third of the five culture levels). The quest I received asked for the third culture tier (or words to that effect) and didn't mention 150%. Curiously since getting from the second to the third culture level is helped...