• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Tournament formula re worked ?

JollyElf

Soothsayer
I’m following the tournament squad size every week and this crystal, first province first encounter I noticed that the squad size is less by 90.
No aw deletions.
anybody else ?

Gargon667

Mentor
would be awesome, if they had changed it to something more intelligent, but I kinda don´t think they´d have made it better or easier or otherwise changed it without announcing it.

I am not keeping track so I can´t say if it changed for me.

Could it be a bug?

Turing

Bard
I don't know if the system is different, but the tourney cost is down on both my accounts. My main account is down 11 or 12%. I've managed a few AW upgrades so would expect something like 0.5%-1% increase. (This is in province 40)
My second account is down about 9.5% from 2 weeks ago but added 1 or 2 expansions, 2 or 3 techs, and a few AW (maybe not as many)

So both are compatible with something like a 12% cut across the board.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi Guys, I've not been made aware of any changes, but i'll certainly ask for you :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Everybody is talking about this, but in my case the past tourney was the same as others, this means it was harder and harder, no relevant difference, the same huge casualties and losses with a barely noticiable increase in its difficulty (cause AWs upgrades) in comparison with the planks one.

JollyElf

Soothsayer
Everybody is talking about this, but in my case the past tourney was the same as others, this means it was harder and harder, no relevant difference, the same huge casualties and losses with a barely noticiable increase in its difficulty (cause AWs upgrades) in comparison with the planks one.
Not difficulty buddy.
just squad size. Please check tourney SS this week tourney.
Fingers crossed : hope it was not a one week bug that got fixed.
high chapter people need the reduction to compete + we spend extra time in game getting an extra 1k tourney score.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hey Guys!

I did ask the question for you and we're unsure as to what may have occurred because there certainly wasn't any issues or changes reported??

So I honestly can't help on this occasion! Sorry about that!

Kind Regards

Herodite :)

Gargon667

Mentor
Only SS or did they reduce the catering numbers as well?

Catering is directly depending on SS, simply by multiplying it with a factor, so if SS is down, catering is down by the same %. However I am not saying that any of this really happened.

Turing

Bard
Catering is directly depending on SS, simply by multiplying it with a factor, so if SS is down, catering is down by the same %.
Not necessarily... Inno could change any of the factors. Both SS and catering depend on some development score. We don't know if they calculate SS then use it for cater, or both are derived from the intermediate independently. But either way they could change any/all of the factors in there. The mana hasn't for some time seemed to derive correctly from the SS according to Minmax's formula, for example.
-----------------
My results are much the same as @JollyElf . Rather deeper in the tourney the SS in the last 5 have gone:
Marble = 12162
Steel = 12352
Planks = 12598
Crystal = 11164
Scrolls = 12501

The first 3 show pretty much the normal progression due to upgrades (I haven't calculated what I would expect, but a couple of % a week is plausible). The last 2 have dropped below that, although only slightly today. I haven't deleted any AWs.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Not difficulty buddy.
just squad size. Please check tourney SS this week tourney.
high chapter people need the reduction to compete + we spend extra time in game getting an extra 1k tourney score.

No decrease perceived by me in squad size ergo no decrease in difficulty in my point of viewing. This difficulty is defined by the increase of squad size ( by a little percentage), something that always happen tourney to tourney due to AWs upgrades.

JollyElf

Soothsayer
Thanks @Turing
Things are definitely happening but unfortunately we don’t have numbers as before …For data mining / formula tuning
(Only 13 replies here :D )

Thanks again folks, whoever responded.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I do not track Squad Sizes, but I checked against MinMax's spreadsheet. I will have to check again when I have more time at hands, but it seems that the actual numbers are some percent lower than expected, and differently so for Spire and Tournament.

Disagree. I rather have 10 % higher costs than not knowing what influences them. With a CAL with unknown factors, how can I develop a strategy?

JollyElf

Soothsayer
With a CAL with unknown factors, how can I develop a strategy?

That was exactly the intention of the thread.
unfortunately it met with such a meek response that large scale data mining + formula tuning is not possible.

And most of the responses are just views. No numbers :((

Turing

Bard
unfortunately it met with such a meek response that large scale data mining + formula tuning is not possible.

Indeed. I though at first it might be a flat reduction - both my cities had similar-ish reductions on previous weeks. But I checked them both against minmax for the current tourney and one is down 1.4% today, the other 3.3%, so it looks like a change in the structure not just a flat change (assuming minmax was right before - I think it was, but hadn't compared it for ages)

Curiously I can't see a single comment about tourney numbers in any of the US, DE or NL fora. (Although the US are still moaning about the previous changes such as the relics)