• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Block Player Option

Vehuel

Novice
This has probably been suggested before but please could we have a "block player option" for those of us who do not appreciate players coming in and adding just one or a few KP to an Ancient Wonder and blocking places that our Fellowship colleagues or frequently visiting neighbours could have? There are very few players who do this but I find them to be an enormous nuisance as I then have to spend time getting them "bumped" down and off chests. I have tried asking, nicely, in the past that they stop. Some have been great with that, others downright abusive.
I know some players don't mind the interlopers, but a lot of others do. A simple "block" button would spare a lot of ill-feeling and the interlopers could rest assured that they are only visiting cities where they are welcome. So it would be a win-win. You could chose to use it, or not use it as best suits your thinking and style of play.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
This is indeed something that has been asked for previously, but something that is not considered as an option in Elvenar.
A large part of the game is based around Fellowships and friendships. Having the ability to donate Knowledge Points to any connected players Ancient Wonders generally assists with trading partnerships and even Neighborly Help.
Therefore the only way to block a player is via the messaging system, if you really do not want to hear from a player.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@BlueBlou Absolutely you can and we would certainly encourage you to do this! In addition to the report I would also recommend taking screenshots of any abusive/inappropriate messages you receive. We want this to be a safe place for everybody and we take these issues very seriously.

In your messages, you will see the Exclamation Mark Icon next to each player. This is the Report Button, this also allows you to Block the player from any further communication.

Report.png

Kind Regards

Herodite.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Thanks @Herodite. Not quite what I see on app, but I went looking. Seems if I tap the player’s avatar, the one next to the message, I get a big red Report button, written out in words.

SkyRider99

Mentor
AW 'interlopers' pop up from time to time. My FS just messages/chats when fellows have an AW that's getting near ready for upgrade. That way our members can jump in and place their KPs in order to get the reward chests. We don't use swap threads or WS, but we get by quite well with an active and supportive group effort. There are many ways to play the game :)

QFol2

Conjurer
This is indeed something that has been asked for previously, but something that is not considered as an option in Elvenar.
A large part of the game is based around Fellowships and friendships. Having the ability to donate Knowledge Points to any connected players Ancient Wonders generally assists with trading partnerships and even Neighborly Help.
Therefore the only way to block a player is via the messaging system, if you really do not want to hear from a player.
Blocking them in the messaging system wouldn't prevent them from dropping kp in your wonder though, would it?

QFol2

Conjurer
Blocking them in the messaging system wouldn't prevent them from dropping kp in your wonder though, would it?
(Not that I'm bothered about that - I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth)

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
If you dont like other players giving you free KP, I think the best option is to move the wonder you are levelling away from the streets.
Personally i can't understand why anyone would hate free kp. (It makes me wonder if a person who hates that, would also hate if their boss gives them a free raise without being asked about it.)

cwgiii

Shaman
I actually agree with you on the KP Heymrdiedier.

However, I did personally witness a case where a person got a raise and did not want/appreciate/like it. The raise was a VERY modest unexpected one, as a token thanks, at the very end of the year. It happened to be JUST enough to kick the household into the next tax bracket and resulted in the household loosing a significant amount of take home pay.

Just goes to show that almost everything can be seen from multiple points-of-view.

SkyRider99

Mentor
If you dont like other players giving you free KP, I think the best option is to move the wonder you are levelling away from the streets.
Personally i can't understand why anyone would hate free kp. (It makes me wonder if a person who hates that, would also hate if their boss gives them a free raise without being asked about it.)

I don't think it's a hate thing being discussed. I agree with @Vehuel that it's better for members of you own FS to get the rewards from KP donations, instead of some vulture swooping in at the death and stealing the prize from your mates. Charity begins at home.

Vehuel

Novice
Hmm... looks like my moderately-worded suggestion has caused a little friction is some quarters. This seems to be a divisive subject. Just to respond. Yes, I do use KP exchange it does not solve the problem. Yesterday one player had just one KP on one of my AWs I had used the KP thread but I also asked my FS members to chip in a couple of KP to "bump the interloper down" and claim the chest. I was close to completion, I was waiting for FS members to chip in and during that period the player came back and added more KP to move themselves back up to a place where I could not bump them down again without booting FS members. This tells me that player was watching, very carefully.
I could accept this behaviour if this interloper (who is notorious for this, not just with me) was a neighbour who polished frequently. My take is simple I would rather those rewards went to people who take the time to visit my city and polish or take trades occasionally - not just watch my city to grab chests. Some people do not mind. Others do and it is getting much much too frequent. Once in a while I can cope with, every time Is frustrating and requires time and energy to bump them down that I otherwise would not have to expend.
Thanks for the idea of moving my AW from the roads. I had not thought of this and will do this.
I am not a hater and I do dislike the opportunism of these players. I understand that others have other perspectives but I know I am not alone. I won't post on this thread again as I think this seems to be a subject that could get quite heated and my sole intention was to raise a suggestion that would improve my playing experience.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Yesterday one player had just one KP on one of my AWs I had used the KP thread but I also asked my FS members to chip in a couple of KP to "bump the interloper down" and claim the chest. I was close to completion, I was waiting for FS members to chip in and during that period the player came back and added more KP to move themselves back up to a place where I could not bump them down again without booting FS members. This tells me that player was watching, very carefully.

One normal kp hunter won´t ever add more Kp than what he´s gonna get in the chests he´s trying to get, so in order for you and your fellows to get him out you must to do a constant KP swapping. What you´re telling us here is that this AW that you got almost completed was not totally filled with your Fellows contributions, cause when it happens even the lowest chests of five kp are cover by fellows with 10 or even much more KP in your AW, what you must have done is asking your fellows to take your swaps so they could add much more kp and leave not space or motivation for the interloper to add more.

Cheryn

Bard
I actually agree with you on the KP Heymrdiedier.

However, I did personally witness a case where a person got a raise and did not want/appreciate/like it. The raise was a VERY modest unexpected one, as a token thanks, at the very end of the year. It happened to be JUST enough to kick the household into the next tax bracket and resulted in the household loosing a significant amount of take home pay.

Just goes to show that almost everything can be seen from multiple points-of-view.

I had no idea that contributing KPs outside a fellowship would hurt anyone or that fellowship. I have done this a few times with neighbors who frequently polish or trade as a gesture of THANKS. Apparently NOT a great thing to do. Sorry cwgiii.

Ruprecht

Adventurer
It happened to be JUST enough to kick the household into the next tax bracket and resulted in the household loosing a significant amount of take home pay.

No, that didn't happen. Sorry, but this misinformation annoys me. That's not how tax brackets work. The higher tax rate is only paid on the salary or wage over the starting amount of the higher bracket. Please don't make things up to try and prove a point.

For example let's say the tax brackets are:
$0 to $10000 at 10%
$10001 to $20000 at 20%
$20001 and over at 30%

Now we ignore deductions and rebates and so on for this example. Let's keep it simple.

I'm paid $9000 a year so I pay the lowest rate of 10% tax which is $900. I take home $8100.

I get a raise to $11000. Now I pay the full 10% of the first $10000, or $1000. I also pay 20% of the amount over $10000, which is $200. In total I pay $1200 tax for the year. I take home $9800. My before tax $2000 raise gives me an extra $1700. I most definitely don't pay $2200 or 20% of $11000.

I get promoted to management and my pay doubles to $22000. I pay 10% of the first $10000, 20% of the next $10000, and 30% of the remaining $2000. Total tax paid $1000+$2000+$600 for a total of $3600. My doubled before tax income gives me $18400 take home. Yes I pay a lot more tax now, but my income is still way better than the minimum wage I was getting in the lower brackets.

If I've educated even one person on how tax brackets work this little rant was worth it.

cwgiii

Shaman
Ok, I would admit to being lied to then (have no idea why).

But, my principle point is still valid.

Ruprecht

Adventurer
UK is the same (guessing you are not UK as you used $). :)

Nah mate resident of the Empire's southern colony. Most of the system down under is the same as the motherland, with the exception of converting to decimal currency.