• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Insufficient ORC numbers

Scrotum

Novice
Having reached Chapter 11, I now find trying to upgrade Workshops to level 25 I need 3000 Orcs every time to upgrade.
My only way of generating Orcs now is by creating 300 Orcs in 12hrs in the Armory Breeding Ground. Tedious!
Am I missing something or do I go back to producing Orcs in Chapter 8 portal site?

SkyRider99

Mentor
You'll need even more orcs once you build the Training Grounds and start to train Orc Warriors and Orc Strategists. Six armories is a good idea.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Armories and culture buildings that give orcs are the way to go. Keep in mind that orcs are a good in the game and not a fighter, although they are used to produce some fighters.

DeletedUser5181

I know some evolving building... Witches Hut I think. If you got it at a lower level you would have to upgrade it.

I run 6 armories and 4 orc nest and always have enough orcs.
I'm not sure on this are we talking regular Armories here ? Or Armory Breeding Ground and if the latter where do I find them? Also I have an orc nest but it is not producing orcs but magic dust???? any ideas?

Sir Derf

Adept
Orc Nest needs to be of at least Orc Chapter to produce Orcs. Get them too soon and you'll have to upgrade them to get orcs.

Sorry.

MinervaOz

Enchanter
I'm not sure on this are we talking regular Armories here ? Or Armory Breeding Ground and if the latter where do I find them?

Armories at level 20 and above produce orcs (and are then called 'breeding grounds'). The research for the upgrade is in the Orcs chapter. You can't produce orcs from any source before then.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Having reached Chapter 11, I now find trying to upgrade Workshops to level 25 I need 3000 Orcs every time to upgrade.
My only way of generating Orcs now is by creating 300 Orcs in 12hrs in the Armory Breeding Ground. Tedious!
Am I missing something or do I go back to producing Orcs in Chapter 8 portal site?
8/10 Armories + 8/12 Orc nests in your city are the solution, you´ll get plenty of those, even to spare.

Gargon667

Mentor
I'm not sure on this are we talking regular Armories here ? Or Armory Breeding Ground and if the latter where do I find them?

Armories turn into breeding ground when you upgrade them far enough (no other way to get breeding grounds)

Also I have an orc nest but it is not producing orcs but magic dust???? any ideas?

No buildings from chapter 7 or lower can produce Orcs The buildings are available, but they will produce an alternative (usually T3, but in very early chapters lower goods than that).
Btw keep those chapter 7 Orc Nests though! They are highly efficient goods producers, much better than factories! Same is true for all the buildings that later turn into Mana/Seed/etc buildings, they all make T3 if you get them in chapters before their intended use is available.

But if you need Orcs, there are just 3 (good) ways:
1 armories
2 orc nests
3 event buildings

well nr 4 is AWs, but the ones available early on are producing so low numbers it helps nobody. Later on there are more interesting options, but well AWs make tourneys more expensive so building an AW to produce Orcs eats the Orcs faster than it makes them...

Armories turn into breeding ground when you upgrade them far enough (no other way to get breeding grounds)

No buildings from chapter 7 or lower can produce Orcs The buildings are available, but they will produce an alternative (usually T3, but in very early chapters lower goods than that).
Btw keep those chapter 7 Orc Nests though! They are highly efficient goods producers, much better than factories! Same is true for all the buildings that later turn into Mana/Seed/etc buildings, they all make T3 if you get them in chapters before their intended use is available.

But if you need Orcs, there are just 3 (good) ways:
1 armories
2 orc nests
3 event buildings

well nr 4 is AWs, but the ones available early on are producing so low numbers it helps nobody. Later on there are more interesting options, but well AWs make tourneys more expensive so building an AW to produce Orcs eats the Orcs faster than it makes them...
excellent info thank you very much

Stucon

Illusionist
What you did respond to him is unnecessary and out of context.
So, why are you cluttering the thread with these posts?
I refer you to my previous point that it was about the way the game is played and therefore is relevant.

You did not respond until 18 days after the post; but the day after I commented on your Nerf the brown bears thread; hmmm!