• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question to the Game Mods/Developers...

Gargon667

Mentor
it has everything to do with RNG...

No it has not, me getting 20 one week and you getting 0 the same week is RNG
Me gaining 2 or 3 every week and you staying around the same every week is choices in game play.

DeletedUser6472

How often do you feed the brown bear?
Hi Pauly7,

- MA pools are at 11 and 5, I'm not missing any.
- Before leaving the game, I always use time boosters to finish any crafting recipes.
- Fire bird fed 1-2 times per week
- Brown bear fed 1-2 times per week
- No other pets are fed
*Sigh* 10 pet food in stock for me is a holiday and it has been like this for at least 2 years. First ticket to support about having 0 pet food dated by 13/11/2019, second ticket 02/04/2020, latest ticket - 27/07/2021.

Pauly7

Magus
I'm doing some maths now, as this is the best point that I have some (reasonably accurate) data:

Last Thursday morning I had 58 pet foods
This Wednesday evening I have 48 pet foods
During the week I used 43 pet foods
During the week I saw (a slight estimate) 140 crafting rotations

So in this time I saw, and crafted, 33 pet foods. So that's one pet food appearing 23.57% of the time, and well within the realms of reasonable chance compared to @Sir Derf's numbers above.

DeletedUser6472

The odds of 0 in 28 are just a hair higher (0.032%) than those for 16-28 in 28 (0.029%)
Do you even know the algorithm for RNG in this game and what they use as a seed to create those random numbers (usually it's a big secret)? What limiting factors they deploy, for example chapter number or money spent on a game during X period of time? I'm not an expert, but I can imagine there are limitless possibilities to do this.

Sir Derf

Adept
- Before leaving the game, I always use time boosters to finish any crafting recipes.

Sticking my hand into a bandsaw, hoping it has a safety interlock...

If I correctly understand the implied subtext, I agree with this strategy. I assume that when you are leaving the game, you know will be offline for recipe rotation time, and so you complete the crafting recipe so that the next rotation is not blocked by the completed-and-not-picked-up recipe. Again, I agree.

However, and I may be inferring too much, that your statement drew our focus to time boosting before leaving the game implies that you don't frequently time boost when not leaving the game. Does this mean that you don't usually time boost otherwise? I ask because Pet Food recipes have long production times and it would be easy for unboosted production to either start late enough that they overlap a rotation time, or that they finish soon enough that you miss picking them up before a rotation time, even even with frequent check-ins. I always time boost all my crafting, boosts willing, after realizing that allowing natural production might cause me to miss a rotation, a realization that I was way late to either realize or appreciate the benefits of.

If overlooked, this suggestion will normally provide only minimal help. In a lower-than-expected week of Crafting only 4 Pet Foods, this can only be expected to give an additional 1, making a slightly-better-but still-lower-than-expected week of 5.

Apologies if I was reaching a wrong conclusion and offering a suggestion that you are already implementing. Just trying to help.

DeletedUser6472

I assume that when you are leaving the game, you know will be offline for recipe rotation time, and so you complete the crafting recipe so that the next rotation is not blocked by the completed-and-not-picked-up recipe.
Indeed, that is correct and I always use time boosters, when I know that recipe end- time will overlap with a pool rotation.

OldHag

Necromancer
is pet food settled now? ;)
My question concerns the special mil buildings, UUU - ELRs and MMMs - they don't seem to appear in equal numbers at all.
I have noticed in my ma, not anyone elses, that I get the oppurtunity to craft MMM's far more often then I do ELRs and UUU's. I have 14 MMM's - 1 UUU and 3 ELRs and I also have a grand total of 6 dwarven armourers, I had a lucky few weeks in the spire, but that won't last....lol.....so next week I will use 1 of each, plus one Dwarven armourer and I will continue to do that until I have 0 left. I would actually benefit from having more ELRs! I'm an elf and I like to use a bow and arrow, but hey ho. ;)
Problem is, I can only do that for 1 week, unless more UUUs appear (If only) and that hurts.
Just curious really if anyone else has noticed similar issues with their MA and their collection/use of these special mil buildings, thanks.

Pauly7

Magus
Why would you always use one of each? It's better to choose them strategically. For example, in the steel tournament you should use ELR, but no others.

In answer to your question it's probably about luck. I've never found more MMMs than ELRs. I always seem to find myself with less UUUs than the other two, but that's probably my luck.

OldHag

Necromancer
Why would you always use one of each? It's better to choose them strategically. For example, in the steel tournament you should use ELR, but no others.

In answer to your question it's probably about luck. I've never found more MMMs than ELRs. I always seem to find myself with less UUUs than the other two, but that's probably my luck.

In answer to your first question it's because I'm old and it's easy. ;)

but thanks for that info on the what to use on steel tourneys, it's something I've never asked about or bothered to attempt to do any maths on, I have to preserve what little brain I have left for lifes' trials and tribulations. ;)
Any information on which special mil buildings to use when and where would be much appreciated. :)

DeletedUser6472

I have noticed in my ma, not anyone elses, that I get the oppurtunity to craft MMM's far more often then I do ELRs and UUU's. I have 14 MMM's - 1 UUU and 3 ELRs and I also have a grand total of 6 dwarven armourers
I currently have 3 ELRs, 6 MMMs and 15 UUUs in one city and 2 ELRs, 18 MMMs and 17 UUUs in another city, it appears that for me too ELRs are the rarest. I also use 1 of each building in each tourney, because I use LR, Mage and HR units mostly in every tournament.

Gargon667

Mentor
is pet food settled now? ;)
My question concerns the special mil buildings, UUU - ELRs and MMMs - they don't seem to appear in equal numbers at all.
I have noticed in my ma, not anyone elses, that I get the oppurtunity to craft MMM's far more often then I do ELRs and UUU's. I have 14 MMM's - 1 UUU and 3 ELRs and I also have a grand total of 6 dwarven armourers, I had a lucky few weeks in the spire, but that won't last....lol.....so next week I will use 1 of each, plus one Dwarven armourer and I will continue to do that until I have 0 left. I would actually benefit from having more ELRs! I'm an elf and I like to use a bow and arrow, but hey ho. ;)
Problem is, I can only do that for 1 week, unless more UUUs appear (If only) and that hurts.
Just curious really if anyone else has noticed similar issues with their MA and their collection/use of these special mil buildings, thanks.

That is RNG, you are getting the MMMs that I am missing, while I get tons of ELR and UUU lately. it will change again eventually, but until then I am far lower on MMM than on the other 2.

Gargon667

Mentor
Any information on which special mil buildings to use when and where would be much appreciated. :)

It isn´t as easy with the new tourneys anymore as it used to be inthe old.
There are onl 2 tourneys with very clear indications:
Marble: MMM
Steel: ELR
but actually both work in the other tourney as second best choice.
the rest of the tourneys are more complicated. It depends on personal style and it is often good to have options.
Just as an example: Planks is mainly LR enemies. But it depends on you if you use LR of your own (then you would put in ELRs) or HR troops (then you would use UUU). I personally would go with both, but skip the MMM since Planks is really not a tourney for mages.
Once you get to T2 and T3 tourneys with multiple frequent enemy types it gets more complicated :) So there is no 1 list with perfect strategy, you´ll have to come up with your own solution.

OldHag

Necromancer
Thankyou @Gargon667 that's very helpful. :)
So using 1 of each of what I have available is not a bad thing and better then no boosts, right? I think all of the tournaments hurt a little bit more when you have 0 boost buildings.
Up until a few weeks ago, I was fighting with 1 MMM only for a few weeks, as that was all I had available at the time and like @Regina8 I mainly use LR - HR and Mages - with the odd fight that requires all HM or LM.
I will try yours and @Pauly7 suggestion of trying just 1 ELR on next Steel tournament, but I would also add a UUU if I have one available.

Pauly7

Magus
So using 1 of each of what I have available is not a bad thing and better then no boosts, right? I think all of the tournaments hurt a little bit more when you have 0 boost buildings.
As @Gargon667 says, marble and steel are the two that are the most cut and dried, but there are usually options. Marble faces HM troops predominantly so it's a good idea to load up on MMM buildings and use Blossom Mages. For a bit of additional security there wouldn't be anything wrong with throwing in a UUU, as your Mages don't always take first initiative.

By comparison, though, with steel you will face Mages predominantly, which means you will want to fight with your Rangers and load up on ELRs. In this situation there is a bigger case for never using a UUU. The reason is, as your LR troops will be taking first initiative, if you have enough ELRs so that you win fights in one round then your UUUs could be entirely wasted.... there's no point having extra HP if you never get hit.

From there it gets more complicated, but there are always predominant enemies and always a strategy to be considered, albeit often with more than one option.

Last edited:

OldHag

Necromancer
Tks, @Pauly7 - that's very useful. :)
I've been meaning to take notes for the last 2 years, just never got around to it...lol. :)

Alcaro

Necromancer
I have 1 ELR, 8 UUU and 0 MMM. I didn't get any MMM in weeks. I got mostly UUU and 2 ELR in the last 3 weeks. Thankfully I have several DA from Spire but that Random-whatever-it-means it's annoying. I like to use mages but they are kinda crippled since I am an elf and not getting any MMM it's bad.