• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Portal Profits in Spire chests...

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
@InnoGames Could you please, PLEASE, take this trash out of purple and golden chests in the spire?
unused trash in stock forever.png

Or at least reduce its percentage in those in comparison with other "less" important items like time instants, genies, Dwarven bulwark, diamonds?
Cause these "so important" and "so desired" portal profit instants can´t be that easy to get for the common player, they are so valuable to catch that easy and have a big percentage, so please reduce their percentage appearance in the purple and golden chests or simple erase them totally from those chests, CAUSE THEY ARE EVERYWHERE ( in the crafting cycle of every MA recipe, in lot of chests in every event, everywhere in every chest in the spire).

Last edited by a moderator:

kimkimkim

Summoner
I have to agree, it's so disheartening to open a rare purple chest and find you won a portal profit instead of a genie......too many times that has happened

Gargon667

Mentor
@InnoGames Could you please, PLEASE, take this trash out of purple and golden chests in the spire?
View attachment 5730
Or at least reduce its percentage in those in comparison with other "less" important items like time instants, genies, Dwarven bulwark, diamonds?
Cause these "so important" and "so desired" portal profit instants can´t be that easy to get for the common player, they are so valuable to catch that easy and have a big percentage, so please reduce their percentage appearance in the purple and golden chests or simple erase them totally from those chests, CAUSE THEY ARE EVERYWHERE ( in the crafting cycle of every MA recipe, in lot of chests in every event, everywhere in every chest in the spire).

Lol you complain about having just over 100 of them??? I think I am between 1500 and 2000 by now :p

But they won´t reduce the chances for sure, the whole point is to have trash prizes in there, otherwise we´d start plastering genies in towns like we used to do with the wishing wells, which got the wishing wells "banned", so as to not having to completely get rid of the genie, I am happy to have them be rare.

Instead I propose an alternative use for PP spells, or even better: Spell Fragments (which PP spells could be turned into). Even the trash artifacts could be turned into SF, if there was just a use for all the SF...

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Lol you complain about having just over 100 of them??? I think I am between 1500 and 2000 by now :p

I´m not complaining about having those numbers in my stock, I´m complaining of that trash appearing in the purple and golden chests making those chests not that special, like kimkimkim said, it is disheartening.

But they won´t reduce the chances for sure, the whole point is to have trash prizes in there, otherwise we´d start plastering genies in towns like we used to do with the wishing wells, which got the wishing wells "banned", so as to not having to completely get rid of the genie, I am happy to have them be rare.

I know that, these PPs are pure trash, they totally know that also, but in words of many devs and by the importance that some people and the game gives to these PPs they should be rarer and even more harder to get, but they´re not, they are everywhere and with more percentage or appearance than most things in the game.

I´m not talking about genies here, by obvious reasons these buildings must be rarer to get, but these PPs could be changed in those chests with something else, like 5 x 20% supply rain (like in the low chapters it happens) or at least reduce its appearance to 5-10 percentage in those chests.

Instead I propose an alternative use for PP spells, or even better: Spell Fragments (which PP spells could be turned into). Even the trash artifacts could be turned into SF, if there was just a use for all the SF...

- Yes PPs could be turn into Spell fragments, but guess what, we get plenty of that stuff in the Spire too, so these PPs are not even good for that thing either.
- Exactly all the surplus of SP is not useful at all making these PPs even much useless, but I rather get rains of Spell fragments than rains of these trashy PPs.
- I really doubt devs would do something like what you´re proposing, they don´t care how much of one item/spell or buildings we´ve got in our stock or how much we lose in terms of troops or goods in the spire for that trashy PPs, being this spire a pure "luck" thing, they want us losing or winning, and the PPs represent the part of losing in this all this luck thing.

Gargon667

Mentor
People playing chapters 12 and below probably love the portal profits. Just saying!
Make that 14 or even 15. It´s only junk for people that don´t play chapters, like myself or people in the last few chapters.

FieryArien

Necromancer
People playing chapters 12 and below probably love the portal profits. Just saying!
Lol, I liked your post, because that was a valid point. And a bit later I went to play Spire …
Got two purple chests in the last floor (nice sight, considering I saw only blue and very rarely gold in past weeks) which gave me … drumrolls please … two 50% portal profits!

Of course it wasn’t in my fresh Halflings city where I really appreciate the PPs. It was my 15th chapter city where I decided to stop advancing through chapters. :mad:

In my opinion PPs do belong among Spire rewards. On the other hand PP is exactly the price which changes depending on chapters - pre-Dwarves cities actually have (supplies) instants in the Spire chests instead of PP. Why can’t late(st) chapter cities have the PP replaced by something else too?

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
its easy to trash something, so if you do that, at least come up with a good solution/replacement?
Thats pretty much the point of this forum section, no?

If you want them out of the purple chest and replace them with nothing, (so 40% chance of getting nothing) then im pretty sure your suggestion won't stick.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
If you want them out of the purple chest and replace them with nothing, (so 40% chance of getting nothing) then im pretty sure your suggestion won't stick.

When or where did I mentioned I want them to be replaced by "nothing"?

its easy to trash something, so if you do that, at least come up with a good solution/replacement?
Thats pretty much the point of this forum section, no?

Yes, this is why I opened it up at first place, not only me adding something here, but some other players, like Gargon solution of making something with Spell fragments.

And I in fact gave some suggestions ( please read all my post and comments in it before saying something like this), like exchange those trashy PPs with for example 5x20% supply rain, like in low chapters, or better redistribute the percentage of the appearance of these PPs to 5-10% ( less would be better) in comparison with other rewards in these purple and golden chests.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
I´m not pretty sure of this, for example, what would you think a normal player would like the most, a genie that would give him free diamonds, time instants, PPs (5% ones), seeds and mana in those genies or a 50% PP instant? A dwarven armorer or a 25% PP instant? 2x 8hr time booster or a 20 PP instant? Some players in fact would pick PPs, but I´m 100% sure most of them would rather have anything else than a PP, the same as my personal case when I was advancing through chapters, I was ok with PPs but I would rather have anything else in the purple and golden chests cause I got more than enough PPs to finish a entire chapter.

SkyRider99

Mentor
I'd gladly trade off some PPs for a Dwarven Armorer. I haven't seen a DA in so long I believe they are a creature of mythology only ;)