• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Magic Academy Battle Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

John of Enar

Adventurer
I have seen only one battle recipe in MA in the last seven weeks. It was an enlightened light range. All others have been absent from the MA. I log in fairly regularly and don’t miss cycles unless I am asleep, people in my FS report seeing fewer as well

Is this something to do with inventory that is controlled? I contacted support and the say it is random but what good is random if there is no inventory? Any observation or insights? Thx

Sir Derf

Adept
RNG gonna RNG.

I would politely point out that 'fairly regularly' and 'don't miss cycles unless' can be rather large rugs under which enough missing buildings to 'even the odds' might have been swept.

One other possible - I believe that the craftable Chess Set are part of the possible options in the craftable building slot of the MA. If you haven't already, you might consider crafting them, whether you then place them or keep them in your inventory, to decrease the options available for that slot and thus boost the frequency of desirable buildings appearing in the MA.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Greetings @John of Enar I don't believe there has been any intentional changes to the Crafting Recipes (in particular the removal of any). However there have been many additions in recent months owing to Historical Artifacts being made available in the Spire, such as Gingerbread House Bases, Mermaid Bases. There is also the ability to craft Artifacts now. So with those additions, it may mean that the frequency of what we saw regularly has decreased slightly.

They are definitely still available to craft. Make sure to keep looking as often as you can :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

John of Enar

Adventurer
RNG gonna RNG.

I would politely point out that 'fairly regularly' and 'don't miss cycles unless' can be rather large rugs under which enough missing buildings to 'even the odds' might have been swept.

One other possible - I believe that the craftable Chess Set are part of the possible options in the craftable building slot of the MA. If you haven't already, you might consider crafting them, whether you then place them or keep them in your inventory, to decrease the options available for that slot and thus boost the frequency of desirable buildings appearing in the MA.

let me clarify any ambiguity - I don’t miss recycles except when I am sleeping (Europe timezone) I have the chest set but as the other person mentioned there hav been many new additions so that could be affecting the frequency. Still, seven weeks and only one ELR. Maybe I should unplug MA while I’m asleep? I hear it resets when you do that.Since some in my FS have experienced this too I was wondering others out there are getting them just fine.

Sir Derf

Adept
I can only go off the words you used...

One other suggestion that has been made in the past... Consider using diamonds to rush the cycle on the MA once to change the timing of future cycles so that you are less likely to miss an entire batch due to your regular biological maintenance time.

SkyRider99

Mentor
It'd be nice to see some Dwarven Armorers in the MA too. But the ELR, MM and UU buildings are already so rare (randomly non-existent) that catching a DA would be as likely as flying to the moon.

The MA crafting is a bit of fun. "You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you get what you need." - Keith Richards and Mick Jagger :cool:

John of Enar

Adventurer
Thank you SkyRider, good to know that this is a scarcity imposed by game design. Great quote, btw but I need them in a bad way.. I used to get to the top of spire without a hitch with them and without them I could clear the second tier. Now I can only make it past the first run.

Sir Derth, I think I may try resetting the MA by unplugging the MA the next time I enter “biological maintenance”.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
However there have been many additions in recent months owing to Historical Artifacts being made available in the Spire, such as Gingerbread House Bases, Mermaid Bases. There is also the ability to craft Artifacts now. So with those additions, it may mean that the frequency of what we saw regularly has decreased slightly.

Maybe its time to add another crafting slot or 2 to make up for all the extra stuff that has been thrown in?!
Or maybe get rid of the supply windfalls and coin rains as they are plentiful during events.

DeletedUser6472

I would rather see artifact recipes out for those of us that have all 3 Phoenixes evolved and placed. Recently not only combat boosting buildings, but also pet food is a big concern because of that. Sometimes I get 2 artifact recipes per day and no pet food at all for weeks.

SimonTim

Dreamer
IMHO something has changed as I’m finding things I crafted regularly just are not appearing for weeks on end in any of my cities. Eg Festival Merchants. It a pity we can’t just select from a decent list the things we actually want.

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Thagdal if we would take Supply Windfalls and Coin Rains out, there would be lots of other players upset. @Regina8 if we would take the Artifacts out, there would be other players upset. This list is endless, I just addressed the players I can see when answering this post. The Recipes are turning up randomly as they always do. Yes, the items you are waiting for seem never to come up.
At the end of the day it is as usual: Satisfying some means upsetting others.

DeletedUser6472

I was saying that if someone has already all 3 old phoenixes evolved... it would require some programming I would imagine lol, I wonder if it's possible...

kimkimkim

Summoner
I'm really not having a problem getting military boosters or festival merchants, maybe I'm just hitting it right....but to those that seem to be not getting these as often, maybe consider changing the time the Magic Academy flips recipes.....go from 6 hours to maybe 3 or 4 hours per flip, that could increase the chances of someone hitting the Magic Academy just right to be able to craft what they want.....just a suggestion

Laurelin

Sorcerer
@Thagdal if we would take Supply Windfalls and Coin Rains out, there would be lots of other players upset. @Regina8 if we would take the Artifacts out, there would be other players upset. This list is endless, I just addressed the players I can see when answering this post. The Recipes are turning up randomly as they always do. Yes, the items you are waiting for seem never to come up.At the end of the day it is as usual: Satisfying some means upsetting others.
... unless Elvenar were to take up the suggestion made by @SimonTim above, as many other games do : provide a list of items and let players choose?

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I just changed my 5 star rating to 1 because of this
Talking to support doesn't work
If we all do the same ????

It's not that you havent got any opportunity to make these buildings.
The come by quite often, maybe not as much as you like but anyone claiming they havent seen or only 1 in 7 weeks like the TS hasn't checked all the recipe pools.

There is one pool of recipes every 6 hours.
New recipes are not the reason as those are added to the non building slots (and those that are added to the building slot are once only so if you make them and keep them in your inventory/city they never appear again)

The most important part is that you reset the timer at least once. you want those 4 opportunities per day you need them to reset at times you are able to see them.

For example if you sleep from 10 pm to 8 am you do not want a recipe pool to be not seen between those times
If I reset the recipes at 9PM I can see the last pool 1 hour before I go to bed. this pool lasts from 9 PM to 3 AM, the next one lasts from 3AM to 9 AM, this means that after waking up at 8am you have one hour to see the next recipe pool.

So you have to set your timers in a way that fits your RL habits. once you do it should not be that hard to see all 4 recipe pools per day.
On average you get about 3-4 combat buildings a week, sometimes less sometimes more.

But 1 in 7 weeks, thats a bit of a stretch, you can bet those recipes have been seen during the night in the pool he missed.
1 in 7 weeks is a 0.5% odd while in reality the odds are between ~10-15% since the slotted item change I lean more towards the 15% where pre slotted items it was more like 10%.

At least thats what years of tracking these buildings show. and I rarily miss a recipe pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.