• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Scrolls surplus and Moonstone Libraries

SkyRider99

Mentor
An idea from my FS. Could we have a new enchantment spell that allows Moonstone Libraries to switch produce of scrolls or crystal or silk for a set period such as 24hrs?

Another idea is perhaps to introduce three buttons on the Moonstone Library so players can alternate between T2 goods they want to produce. Something similar to the Superior Trader and the divine seeds and unurium options.

I may have overlooked here some massive negative impact to other aspects of the game. I'm not a big fan of meticulously analysing and computing formulae to detect some stunning quantum level change to the chaos we sometimes encounter. Others may have some input though?

Just trying to point forward to some resolution of this awful scrolls issue.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
I can't wait to hear about the upcoming steel shortage issue too bc Inno keeps kicking the can down the line and players keep abandoning Scroll boosted cities when Steel is 2 of 3 possible Scroll boosted combos.

Gargon667

Mentor
An idea from my FS. Could we have a new enchantment spell that allows Moonstone Libraries to switch produce of scrolls or crystal or silk for a set period such as 24hrs?

Another idea is perhaps to introduce three buttons on the Moonstone Library so players can alternate between T2 goods they want to produce. Something similar to the Superior Trader and the divine seeds and unurium options.

I may have overlooked here some massive negative impact to other aspects of the game. I'm not a big fan of meticulously analysing and computing formulae to detect some stunning quantum level change to the chaos we sometimes encounter. Others may have some input though?

Just trying to point forward to some resolution of this awful scrolls issue.

Fun idea to make the switch to boost+X a part of the game, instead of just changing it! I think an instant that does raise the production to production+1 permanently might be better suited. It could be a new type of spell used on any kind of goods producing event building. Could be a new grand prize in events or a tourney/spire reward.

The problem I see with that is that the majority of libraries would still produce scrolls. But at least everybody would have the chance to solve their own problem if they want to and thereby to a small degree contribute to a better server.

From an implementation point of view I think it will be extremely unlikely. Event buildings have never been changeable in this way. So it would require a whole bunch of new programming. In the light of Inno not being interested to spend 15 minutes of their time to fix the problem, I find it unlikely they´ll be interested in spending countless hours to achieve the same (or less) than they could have in 15 minutes.

In general the question that has to be asked in fixing the scrolls issue is not how to fix it, but why (or why not) to fix it.
So far Inno´s answer is NOT to fix it, and while usually I have a lot of ideas and theories why Inno does or does not do things, in this question I have not the slightest idea as to how Inno benefits from not fixing this issue.

Sir Derf

Adept
I can't wait to hear about the upcoming steel shortage issue too bc Inno keeps kicking the can down the line and players keep abandoning Scroll boosted cities when Steel is 2 of 3 possible Scroll boosted combos.
Wait, what?

The boosts are determined by the provinces to around your city, above, lower left and lower right. Or, looked at the other way half of the resource provinces are deterministic of the boosts to three cities around them, located above left, above right and below.

So. for every Scroll province that matters, it matters to three cities. On my map (F world), the upper left city would also have Steel and Dust, upper right Steel and Elixir, and lower city and Planks and Dust. Huh, I did not expect that.

Decrease in Scroll players would also produce a half-decrease in Steel and Dust, as well as a quarter-decrease in Elixir and Planks.

Hekata

Artisan
Event buildings have never been changeable in this way. So it would require a whole bunch of new programming.
Switchable evo buildings have been a announced officially a few weeks ago (and in fact we're getting one soon-ish) so I guess they do have the programming now but it still leaves the question of why they would go to the trouble of reprogramming that building instead of just making it boosted +1/+2 which would take a few moments and solve the scrolls problem in a relatively short period

So far Inno´s answer is NOT to fix it, and while usually I have a lot of ideas and theories why Inno does or does not do things, in this question I have not the slightest idea as to how Inno benefits from not fixing this issue.
It's quite a mystery, they could use it as a forum contest task: "Write a short essay on why the devs won't fix the scrolls problem." - the lucky winner wins... drum roll.... 500k scrolls :D

schadenfreude

Enchanter
@Sir Derf Right. The 3 possible scroll combos are planks/scroll/dust, steel/scroll/dust, and steel/scroll/elixir. Steel make up 2 of the scroll combos. Dust is already affected by moonstone sets too, but not as terribly as scroll since gum trees/mana plants will stop giving dust if you keep upgrading them but libs and endless scrolls continue to give scrolls.

Gargon667

Mentor
Switchable evo buildings have been a announced officially a few weeks ago (and in fact we're getting one soon-ish) so I guess they do have the programming now but it still leaves the question of why they would go to the trouble of reprogramming that building instead of just making it boosted +1/+2 which would take a few moments and solve the scrolls problem in a relatively short period

I don´t think that´s exactly the same, but I suppose it could be used for that as well :)

It's quite a mystery, they could use it as a forum contest task: "Write a short essay on why the devs won't fix the scrolls problem." - the lucky winner wins... drum roll.... 500k scrolls :D

How about the winner is allowed to loose 500k scrolls? To make it a bit more enticing?

Hekata

Artisan
Beginning? I have been trying to melt the 2 guys back together for 3 days now. I´ll probably soon be a checkered green/pink goo-monster with big teeth and fluffy ears...
I hope it's not contagious amongst orcs; I'd have a much harder time turning fluffy pink bunnies into bricks and steel for building upgrades than ugly, green, smelly orcs...

Sir Derf

Adept
On the one hand, the conversion factor from Orcs to bricks is probably more favorable (more bricks per Orc), but definitely more work involved,

Bunnies would definitely be easier. Stack them high enough and they will just naturally self-compress into bricks.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Our developers are already addressing this Moonstone Set and the Scrolls issue, as you all know about recent changes. We cannot guarantee much regarding this situation, but we will forward a few good suggestions to add them to their planning to address this situation.

We also want to remind you that the Scrolls surplus problem only affects certain areas across the World Map since these do trade often. This means that the Scroll surplus is slowly going back to normal. This is because moonstone Sets age as players progress, inviting that player to replace it for something else.

While the "choose your Tier 2 Goods" is a fantastic idea, this will make players with several Moonstone Sets even more powerful. We also try to keep some balance among all our players.

Gargon667

Mentor
We also want to remind you that the Scrolls surplus problem only affects certain areas across the World Map since these do trade often. This means that the Scroll surplus is slowly going back to normal. This is because moonstone Sets age as players progress, inviting that player to replace it for something else.

You do understand that you have given EVERYBODY not only spire players the means to have a moonstone set? And the means to easily keep it upgraded? So no they will never disappear.
You can only hope for the multiples to slowly fade out. However even that is a rather overly optimistic view... For various reasons:
1. The mein prize is the CC, not affected by chapter,
2. People active enough to have acquired multiple sets, most likely are aware of its power and unlikely to just get rid of them
3. They can be teleported and later be upgraded with excess RR spells

So your only hope can be that those people with multiple sets stop playing, because I don´t think you will get too many to delete them. At least that is when you get mine, not before...

kurgkurg

Conjurer
it's not wasted space, to me its one of more valuable spaces in my city, and I have over 10 sets in some city :)
but otherwise, I don't have had a space problem, maybe at the beginning, if I was young and couldn't do good choices

Gargon667

Mentor
It intrigues me how some players can waste valuable city space in this manner. They won't see it this way of course. Scrolls are my boosted goods so I'm definitely biased ;)

They are not wasting their space, they are more wasting your space (by making your production buildings useless), so yes I completely feel with you, however give me another 10 libraries and I will place them all... and by doing so cause you even more problems.
So the good guy in me is asking Inno to fix the problem, but the egoistic Orc in me is placing all the libraries he can. I am happy to apologize for it, but I am not going to stop. I am sorry for making your scrolls factories the most useless building in the game!