• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Elvarian Games questline event in Beta June 2021

Jackluyt

Shaman
The new Elvarian Games event has started in Beta.
I will be posting all the details a little later including Quests, prizes, screenshots and strategy - https://tinyurl.com/5b98cf6d
It is based on the same mechanism as Sorcerers including the League system, and features an Evolving Building with switchable production.

204742673_10219414231087099_2882952583206794519_n.jpg

Hekata

Artisan
The main prize is a switchable evo billing and from what I understand you can chose only one option between supplies, seeds, sentient goods and Vallorians at a time. Too bad because if it would actually produce all the options (or at least 2 of them) then it would definitely be an evo worth placing. This way I'm not so sure, although the production of seeds is excellent (7950/24h) in chapter 15, I might consider replacing a couple of other seed producers with this one and save some space. The plus side is definitely that it looks good :)

Gargon667

Mentor
The main prize is a switchable evo billing and from what I understand you can chose only one option between supplies, seeds, sentient goods and Vallorians at a time. Too bad because if it would actually produce all the options (or at least 2 of them) then it would definitely be an evo worth placing. This way I'm not so sure, although the production of seeds is excellent (7950/24h) in chapter 15, I might consider replacing a couple of other seed producers with this one and save some space. The plus side is definitely that it looks good :)

Well if you say it is good for the Seeds alone, they can´t really give all the productions, it would be way overpowered. But if we can choose from 4 different but strong in themselves productions that is still a good building. I´ll have to see how many Vallorians it makes, might be worth placing for me then. The other 3 are of no or low interest to me... but that´s exactly the point only one of them needs to be interesting to everybody to make it useful :)

Hekata

Artisan
Well if you say it is good for the Seeds alone, they can´t really give all the productions, it would be way overpowered. But if we can choose from 4 different but strong in themselves productions that is still a good building. I´ll have to see how many Vallorians it makes, might be worth placing for me then. The other 3 are of no or low interest to me... but that´s exactly the point only one of them needs to be interesting to everybody to make it useful :)
It's 2450 vallorians in chapter 15, 2700 in chapter 18, not sure where you are. It seems ok-ish but not sure it's worth placing for the vallorians alone. Seeds seem like the most generous option to me.

Gargon667

Mentor
It's 2450 vallorians in chapter 15, 2700 in chapter 18, not sure where you are. It seems ok-ish but not sure it's worth placing for the vallorians alone. Seeds seem like the most generous option to me.
I am chapter 16, but the difference is so small it doesn´t matter much. The real question will be how many "real squares" the building occupies, which is the square it stands on minus the squares it adds by giving population. After that it can be compared to the Vallorian valor buildings.

Pauly7

Magus
Well if you say it is good for the Seeds alone, they can´t really give all the productions, it would be way overpowered. But if we can choose from 4 different but strong in themselves productions that is still a good building.
This may give you an idea:

Capture.PNG

Here's a twist - The league is back and this time the prize for being in gold is 2 artefacts. The thought is that it may otherwise be tough to fully evolve the building, but I haven't done any maths yet.

Gargon667

Mentor

Here's a twist - The league is back and this time the prize for being in gold is 2 artefacts. The thought is that it may otherwise be tough to fully evolve the building, but I haven't done any maths yet.

We´ll see how it goes. Maybe the 2 artifacts are only meant for the paying people that occupy gold league and therefore will get a second building to upgrade. It could still be fully possible to upgrade 1 building without the extra league artifacts.

If they make it impossible to finish evolving buildings without paying for them, I would assume a LOT of grumpy comments on Social media etc. So far it has always been somewhere between easy and possible (sometimes with real effort) to finish without paying. Impossible would be new. Of course there have always been people complaining about not being able to finish even though they tried, either because they picked the wrong chests or because of bad luck, but it has been a minority so far. Turning 10% unhappy people (which will always be there) into 99% unhappy people might be a bad financial move for Inno.

For me all it would mean is one more reason to ignore all those pointless events entirely. I am already only playing them because it costs me nothing to do them, not because I am excited about them. Well I guess that won´t change... So I may as well finish them, pick up a few troop instants and otherwise ignore the silliness...

Pauly7

Magus
We´ll see how it goes. Maybe the 2 artifacts are only meant for the paying people that occupy gold league and therefore will get a second building to upgrade. It could still be fully possible to upgrade 1 building without the extra league artifacts.

If they make it impossible to finish evolving buildings without paying for them, I would assume a LOT of grumpy comments on Social media etc. So far it has always been somewhere between easy and possible (sometimes with real effort) to finish without paying. Impossible would be new. Of course there have always been people complaining about not being able to finish even though they tried, either because they picked the wrong chests or because of bad luck, but it has been a minority so far. Turning 10% unhappy people (which will always be there) into 99% unhappy people might be a bad financial move for Inno.
It's certainly possible. I've never been interested in the extra artefacts from FAs because I've never needed them (even when I wanted to build the evolving building). The only exception is where there's been a possibility to covert those two artefacts to a 2019 Phoenix Artefact, at a point before I had those birds all fully upgraded.

I also understand that there are others who are in need of extra artefacts to finish their buildings, however it strikes me that anyone finishing in the gold league shouldn't be in that position, therefore those people wouldn't want them. The possibility, as you say, is that this is for people trying to evolve a second building, but it seems unlikely that they would be able to evolve it past halfway, unless they've made it terribly easy, which it doesn't look like they have.

Then that leaves the final possibility, which is that people will only be able to get 6 or 7 artefacts from normal play in this event. This would lead to a lot of angry people, like you say, but we'll find out soon enough.

Gargon667

Mentor
It's certainly possible. I've never been interested in the extra artefacts from FAs because I've never needed them (even when I wanted to build the evolving building). The only exception is where there's been a possibility to covert those two artefacts to a 2019 Phoenix Artefact, at a point before I had those birds all fully upgraded.

I also understand that there are others who are in need of extra artefacts to finish their buildings, however it strikes me that anyone finishing in the gold league shouldn't be in that position, therefore those people wouldn't want them. The possibility, as you say, is that this is for people trying to evolve a second building, but it seems unlikely that they would be able to evolve it past halfway, unless they've made it terribly easy, which it doesn't look like they have.

Then that leaves the final possibility, which is that people will only be able to get 6 or 7 artefacts from normal play in this event. This would lead to a lot of angry people, like you say, but we'll find out soon enough.

I agree with all of the above, except maybe that people paying can pay any amounts and therefore easily evolve 2 or 3 of those buildings. They have done so before and probably won´t stop now with the league system :) I guess it´s a rather open sliding scale how much people pay.
Even if they don´t and only get the second one half evolved, it may only be an additional motivation for them to pay even more to finish number 2. Since they have been willing to pay already, they would rather likely pay again...
Or the artifacts are considered non-essential prizes as gold league prizes are supposed to be. Unnecessary artifacts fit that bill :)
Too many options.

Pauly7

Magus
I agree with all of the above, except maybe that people paying can pay any amounts and therefore easily evolve 2 or 3 of those buildings.
Well that's true, but we're talking about a really select few now. The super spenders or people with tons of diamonds in hand who think that this building is worth their investment. I think most people savvy enough to save that many diamonds will realise it isn't THAT good (even though I'm not hating on it.)

Gargon667

Mentor
Well that's true, but we're talking about a really select few now. The super spenders or people with tons of diamonds in hand who think that this building is worth their investment. I think most people savvy enough to save that many diamonds will realise it isn't THAT good (even though I'm not hating on it.)

I used to think so too... But heck whatever makes people happy, if they get joy out of having 3 of each evolving building, who am i to say no, lol... Some people I know build things, because they are pretty ;) Why not have people build things, just because they have money to spend? Just as good a reason as any I guess...

Gargon667

Mentor
Now I am thinking about it: Imagine a city, with 0 factories, 0 WS, 0 residences. Only the obligatory buildings, troop producing buildings, armories of course too. Military AWs I guess. And then evolving buildings for all gold+supply+goods+mana+seeds+sentient productions as well as pop/cult.
I bet it would actually be an awesome tourney city! FAs would be a nightmare though :D

Pauly7

Magus
Now I am thinking about it: Imagine a city, with 0 factories, 0 WS, 0 residences. Only the obligatory buildings, troop producing buildings, armories of course too. Military AWs I guess. And then evolving buildings for all gold+supply+goods+mana+seeds+sentient productions as well as pop/cult.
I bet it would actually be an awesome tourney city! FAs would be a nightmare though :D
Yeah, you'd be screwed in an FA.

But if we're talking about someone who's spent enough money to have each evolving building several times over, yeah they'd be a powerhouse. They'd probably have 4 of each of the 2019 Phoenixes. Those alone would make you unstoppable at fighting and give you most of the coins and supplies that you'd need.

CrazyWizard

Shaman

View attachment 5630

What a crappy building, maybe it's ok for seeds or sentient, the other 2 surely not worth it.

I doubt they go back 5 years in time,
The first handfull of events about the first year or so it was impossible to gain all 3 grand prizes (for example enars I +II + III or Tower of the Winter king as grand prize 3) without paying money, calculation said the chance for the 3rd building was like 0.05%.

It doesn't sound it makes much sense that they will go back to that concept, it makes more sense that they try to improve the gains on a second building, making it more attractive to get for that second without having to spend a literal fortune, just a small one instead.

On the other hand this new thing made that last phoenix a lot less worse than it was lol. those few hundred currency might just bump you up 1 stack on the ladder

Hekata

Artisan
They probably couldn't evolve a full second building but if they go for the golden league they'd probably end up with a second base and a couple more artifacts from the grand prizes+ 2 form the gold league + maybe 2 from an FA, that's a level 7 building. And with the changes we've recently had where old artifacts can either be won again in the Spire or crafted in the MA it is possible they'd be able to have a second full building eventually. Not to mention that sometimes artifacts are for sale and those who've spend some money to get to the gold league might buy a few (unless they make it 3 for 95 euros again, lol).

Gargon667

Mentor
Yeah, you'd be screwed in an FA.

But if we're talking about someone who's spent enough money to have each evolving building several times over, yeah they'd be a powerhouse. They'd probably have 4 of each of the 2019 Phoenixes. Those alone would make you unstoppable at fighting and give you most of the coins and supplies that you'd need.

:) back then it was much more expensive, but yes having multiple firebirds would be the end-all-competition point. Other than that it would be completely OK though, and nothing I would mind competing with. So quite OK from a Pay2Win point of view.
I suppose it´s still a rather rare city model, that requires large amounts of cash for a city that is completely useless in both FAs and on the ranking screen and only mildly (if at all) advantageous for tourneys :)

Gargon667

Mentor
What a crappy building, maybe it's ok for seeds or sentient, the other 2 surely not worth it.

I doubt they go back 5 years in time,
The first handfull of events about the first year or so it was impossible to gain all 3 grand prizes (for example enars I +II + III or Tower of the Winter king as grand prize 3) without paying money, calculation said the chance for the 3rd building was like 0.05%.

It doesn't sound it makes much sense that they will go back to that concept, it makes more sense that they try to improve the gains on a second building, making it more attractive to get for that second without having to spend a literal fortune, just a small one instead.

On the other hand this new thing made that last phoenix a lot less worse than it was lol. those few hundred currency might just bump you up 1 stack on the ladder

If I build it, it will run 100% Vallorians, I just did a quick check, in my town it will have about 7 times the production efficiency that a regular Vallorian Valor building has. So that´s pretty good considering I always have those as well. But I´ll have to think if I want ANY more evolving buildings at all, before they make them teleportable. I´ll see how I feel when we get it and if I don´t get it (fully evolved), then it´s also fine and I skip it :D

As to its other productions: I agree the supplies look extremely low and are certainly not an option, the sentient goods seem rather good, so definitely an option I would recommend to others, while the seeds I cannot judge, as they have 0 value to me.

I don´t see the white bird making any serious difference in the leagues either. The production it has is so ridiculously low there are too many other factors that make more of a difference. A single chest with a chance for 200 SK has more influence, if you get the 200 you get more than the bird makes in the whole event! So the leagues below the gold paying customers will be decided by luck, not by having a white bird or not.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
If I build it, it will run 100% Vallorians, I just did a quick check, in my town it will have about 7 times the production efficiency that a regular Vallorian Valor building has. So that´s pretty good considering I always have those as well. But I´ll have to think if I want ANY more evolving buildings at all, before they make them teleportable. I´ll see how I feel when we get it and if I don´t get it (fully evolved), then it´s also fine and I skip it :D

As to its other productions: I agree the supplies look extremely low and are certainly not an option, the sentient goods seem rather good, so definitely an option I would recommend to others, while the seeds I cannot judge, as they have 0 value to me.

I don´t see the white bird making any serious difference in the leagues either. The production it has is so ridiculously low there are too many other factors that make more of a difference. A single chest with a chance for 200 SK has more influence, if you get the 200 you get more than the bird makes in the whole event! So the leagues below the gold paying customers will be decided by luck, not by having a white bird or not.

I do not have them, since the triple production rate all of them are kinda useless now, I have 2 ork strategists out of nostalgia (and because I had the spare room)

But those vallorians is like for me at least less than twice the number of freebies I get for a wonder.
On the other hand it's a 3 hour boosters once per day only to be used for valorrians, which ain't that bad either indeed, so idk. maybe?

Gargon667

Mentor
I do not have them, since the triple production rate all of them are kinda useless now, I have 2 ork strategists out of nostalgia (and because I had the spare room)

But those vallorians is like for me at least less than twice the number of freebies I get for a wonder.
On the other hand it's a 3 hour boosters once per day only to be used for valorrians, which ain't that bad either indeed, so idk. maybe?

True the Valor isn´t a killer building, I just don´t know what else to do with my space... And since I can just sell them every FA and build new ones after, they don´t have any negative consequences. I make them a lot during the FA anyway for VV badges :) May as well throw them in I figure. Of course one can´t do that with evolving buildings...

I like your way of putting it though. A 3h time boost per day isn´t a bad thing :) Then again in my city it´s only a 2.1h boost... but 2h per day is still 2 h per day.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
hmm gotta check if I used the wrong values.

I see the following?
2600 vallorians per day at chapter 17.

ugh for me it's only 1 hour and 5 minutes,

only the non benefits reward is
1624654620339.png

But I always produce everything with sapiens and 3 bears. so by then there ain't much left :(
1624654713330.png

This is more than 2626 vallorians with all those benefits