• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Sorcerers' Homecoming event

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the new Sorcerers' Homecoming Event.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

MinervaOz

Enchanter
It is a 22 day event so start date should be 7th.

There's nothing in the announcement about it being a 22 day event. To find that we have to go to the Beta thread or to third party sites (and we're constantly being reminded that things may not be the same on live as on Beta). Should we have to do that?

I thought the 7th initially, but after counting on my fingers, toes and ears several times I came up with the 8th. Subtracting 22 from 29 takes you to day 0 (the 7th), making the 8th day 1.

Jackluyt

Shaman
I thought the 7th initially, but after counting on my fingers, toes and ears several times I came up with the 8th. Subtracting 22 from 29 takes you to day 0 (the 7th), making the 8th day 1.

Yes you are quite right - it has been announced on the US server for the 8th.
I used the wrong number of fingers and thumbs to do the math on - and was working under time pressure as always.
Sorry!
:)

Gargon667

Mentor
To find that we have to go to the Beta thread or to third party sites (and we're constantly being reminded that things may not be the same on live as on Beta). Should we have to do that?

Or just not bother thinking about it, it´ll start eventually and it hardly matters what day...

I've had something appear in my game for it, says there are 71.56 hours left on the event? Has a padlock though, so can't do anything with it? Have I missed something??

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
same here... I appreciate that a little mystery can go a long way but perhaps some kind of announcement would be good ?

Sir Derf

Adept
Players want to know when the event starts?
Players want to know the time it starts on, and not just the start date?
Players want to know the start time in terms of their local Time Zone?

Let's address all these issues and add a countdown timer that starts three days early.

Countdown text - "Event ends in: 72:00 h"

*End credits roll, Curb your Enthusiasm theme plays"