• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Leagues in Events?

Thagdal

Sorcerer
New leagues system...this is a screen from FOE, the event was over 2 years ago. im suprised its taken so long to get copy/pasted to Elvenar.;)

Clipboard01.jpg

Gargon667

Mentor
Well it is obviously a pay2win thing, but it certainly is one that doesn´t make a difference in the rest of the game. So I personally find it a good idea :)
Let people who want to get a gold league spend money, while everybody who ignores it looses nothing.
Honestly I don´t have the slightest idea why anyone would spend a cent on an event, but clearly people do, so heck let them have it!
It won´t help them beat anyone else in the tourney or the spire or even on the ranking screen, or anything else that I can think of.

Well unless they´d hand out some insanely strong reward for being in the gold league of course, but I assume we are safe from that...

Sir Derf

Adept
So, if as I think I understand it, League rewards would be broken down into tiers based on speed if event completion, will this be only judged on storyline quests (without daily quests), or does the event (and presumably future events) no longer have daily quests, or something else, or have I complete misunderstood what's going on?

Asking for a friend... :rolleyes:

Gargon667

Mentor
So, if as I think I understand it, League rewards would be broken down into tiers based on speed if event completion, will this be only judged on storyline quests (without daily quests), or does the event (and presumably future events) no longer have daily quests, or something else, or have I complete misunderstood what's going on?

Asking for a friend... :rolleyes:

I haven´t even looked into it, so I may be completely off here, but I thought it was about the total amount of event currency collected in the end, so completely independent of time?

Sir Derf

Adept
I haven´t even looked into it, so I may be completely off here, but I thought it was about the total amount of event currency collected in the end, so completely independent of time?
That would be nuts.

Everyone who finishes the questlines gets the same, fixed amount of event currency. Above that, you have collections around your city, which is partly under your control, and partly RNG (boosted by possible purchase of the event-boosting building), whether you get the e-mail, and probably swamping all of that, RNG currency rewards from operating the event reward system.

Pauly7

Magus
It's not based on event currency collected. It's the number of Wizard's Staffs collected, or whatever they are. Essentially, they're things that you would pick up when attempting to get new artefacts, if it were an evolving building event.

Out of all players (or all participating players) the 1% with the highest number of staffs get the top prize.

Last edited:

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Sounds to me like an indication of who are all the lucky players, that is if you could exclude all those that bought event packages or whatever.

Gargon667

Mentor
That would be nuts.

Everyone who finishes the questlines gets the same, fixed amount of event currency. Above that, you have collections around your city, which is partly under your control, and partly RNG (boosted by possible purchase of the event-boosting building), whether you get the e-mail, and probably swamping all of that, RNG currency rewards from operating the event reward system.

It´s pay to win. You buy those packages for money to get extra. You don´t pay, you don´t win gold.
And apparently as @Pauly7 said you have to actually use the event currency to turn it into the intermediate thing between event currency and grand prizes, but same thing...

Gargon667

Mentor
Sounds to me like an indication of who are all the lucky players, that is if you could exclude all those that bought event packages or whatever.

Well that´s the whole point, you have to buy.
Luck or no luck is unimportant, it´s money or no money...

SkyRider99

Mentor
All you need to do to get players to REALLY invest in the game is combine these ideas with a beautifully interactive growing tree as the city .... I would spend the rest of my life in there....
Add a few birds and butterflies, vines and flowers that get more lovely as you level up through the Chapters...

I hear where you're coming from @Autumn Goldleaf. But with the motions and activities I have with all my big buildings, it could get a bit too cluttered. Too much flickering and fluttering is not good for eye/brain health either. Maybe if they could do it with a filter on/off button like they do with the city 'detail' level, or the 'sound' muting?

Autumn Goldleaf

Spellcaster
I hear where you're coming from @Autumn Goldleaf. But with the motions and activities I have with all my big buildings, it could get a bit too cluttered. Too much flickering and fluttering is not good for eye/brain health either. Maybe if they could do it with a filter on/off button like they do with the city 'detail' level, or the 'sound' muting?
Ahhh.... but if the tree city had various rooms where you open the door in the trunk to go out to separate areas, you wouldn't have such a problem... imagine it... All your residences in one area... Workshops in another... Manufactories in another... Military in another... Culture in another... Guest Race in another..
WOW!!!

SkyRider99

Mentor
I would also like that SomeThing happens when you are reaching the top of the Spire. Right now I don't see anything marking this achievement. My soldier just stay there staring at something on the floor. He looks pretty stupid if you ask me.

Maybe our soldiers could stand there, and play with their mobile elvenari phone, sending tweets and facebook posts. No wait...that's more stupid isn't it. How about if our soldier reaches the top and gets struck by a bolt of elvish magic, and then disappears in a cloud of amazement. :p

Gargon667

Mentor
Maybe our soldiers could stand there, and play with their mobile elvenari phone, sending tweets and facebook posts. No wait...that's more stupid isn't it. How about if our soldier reaches the top and gets struck by a bolt of elvish magic, and then disappears in a cloud of amazement. :p

Lol how about a graveyard up top for all the soldiers that died in the pursuit of my greed? I´ll have the survivors shoot a triple salute in their honor too, but I won´t promise not to send them on the same mission the week after ;)

Pauly7

Magus
Lol how about a graveyard up top for all the soldiers that died in the pursuit of my greed? I´ll have the survivors shoot a triple salute in their honor too, but I won´t promise not to send them on the same mission the week after ;)
Don't remind me about the senseless loss of life. Every week I send hundreds of thousands of people to their deaths so that I can get a few KP in the tournament.

Hekata

Artisan
Don't remind me about the senseless loss of life. Every week I send hundreds of thousands of people to their deaths so that I can get a few KP in the tournament.
The only way to train that many troops that fast is to clone them. So I just think of them as a clone army, it makes it a bit easier to sacrifce them for kps and spells :D

Pauly7

Magus
The only way to train that many troops that fast is to clone them. So I just think of them as a clone army, it makes it a bit easier to sacrifce them for kps and spells :D
Yeah, I'm not sure how many troops I get through, but it won't be far off 2.5 million a week. I've had this city for something in the region of 215 weeks, so that makes 537 million of my guys might have died in tournament battle and that doesn't even delve into province or Spire fights. OK, so I've probably not used that many troops since the very beginning, but even if it's only half that amount then still the equivalent of nearly the whole of Western Europe has perished in my tournament battles.

Gargon667

Mentor
Yeah, I'm not sure how many troops I get through, but it won't be far off 2.5 million a week. I've had this city for something in the region of 215 weeks, so that makes 537 million of my guys might have died in tournament battle and that doesn't even delve into province or Spire fights. OK, so I've probably not used that many troops since the very beginning, but even if it's only half that amount then still the equivalent of nearly the whole of Western Europe has perished in my tournament battles.

I think we´ll have to call Den Haag on you ;) Glad they don´t convict Orcs of mass murder, it´s a cultural thing for us, so we´re allowed.