• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Scrolls as T2 boost

Krasna Vesna

Dreamer
What to do if you have scrolls as T2 boost? Currently am at 3 chapter. I am unlucky to have this boost, which is unsellable. My fellows from fellowship are trading this boost for 3 starts. I have read about endless scroll and that scrolls are the most unlucky boost to have. What to do? keep factories for other unboosted T2, buy travelling merchant II from MA, cross trade T1 for T2? What are your strategies? I think it should be option to change boosted T2 if it is scrolls even for diamonds, because it is very unfair !!!!! Maybe some more advanced players will tell me what to do.

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
It's a difficult one because Inno has put anyone with a scrolls boost at a disadvantage for this reason, by allowing people to build an unlimited number of Spire Library set which give out scrolls. So there is a massive imbalance. More recently they have changed it so that anyone can only build one set, but they haven't done anything about the sets that people already have. They don't seem to want to do anything else. The only way this will cure it is if all the people with the multiple sets all quit the game.

However, despite all this, it is never a good option to build non-boosted manufactories. You can produce boosted goods at about 700% of the rate of non-boosted so even if you have to offer people a healthy profit to take your trades then that is still by far the best option. Travelling Merchants are not particularly good and that is no large scale solution.

Krasna Vesna

Dreamer
The other problem is that evolving buildings from events give T2 boost, it makes them useless if it scrolls. So maybe the best option is to abandon cities with scrolls as boost.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
My recommendation would be to build more boosted t1 manufactories and maximum 2x t2 manufactories. If you ever get a chance for getting cultural buildings that give all 3 of the t2, grab it and place it. Cross trade is the way you have to go. Having lots of t1 will enable you to trade for crystal and silk. As you have seen already, people give scrolls almost away to get rid of it, so you should not struggle getting hold of scrolls. I do have some cities with scroll boost, so it is playable, you just need to adjust.

kimkimkim

Summoner
I am one of those people that has been blessed/cursed with scrolls as a boost, plus I was blessed/cursed with 4 sets of the moonstone library and many pieces that go with it.......late game player here without option of restarting has decided to delete all scroll manufactories and rely solely on my moonstone libraries for scrolls......I place incredible 3 star trades to help get rid of my scrolls and I take all trades that are looking for scrolls (0 or 1 star), but yet I still have many a scrolls, nothing I can do really (and no I'm not getting rid of my libraries) but let them build up and hope they get used somewhere

Pauly7

Magus
The problem with all the advice to quit and start again is that the game isn't going to allow that to take place without giving more new players scrolls boosts. It may work for the individual, but for every player with a scrolls boost that quits, another new player will be handed that spot.

Yes, cross trading can work. Unfortunately, though, there are still a lot of players with an irrational hatred for cross-trading to the point where many fellowships refuse to allow it in their teams. The other issue with building T1 for the purpose of cross-trading for T2 is that you put yourself at another disadvantage in that you will have to devote more of your city space to manufactories.

kurgkurg

Conjurer
in one of my scroll-boosted tiny city, I don't have any scroll manus, only moonstone libraries, and more t1. I don't even feel it's hard to handle and no need to start again. btw I don't have also t3 manus, because in this spot mana plants and gum trees give me enough t3. cross-tier trades work well for t2 if needed.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
every player with a scrolls boost that quits, another new player will be handed that spot.

Would that only be if they ask for an account/city deletion? you can just abandon your city and create a new account, then the existing scroll stays and there is no spot to fill. and we know how long dead accounts take to get removed if at all.

Pauly7

Magus
Would that only be if they ask for an account/city deletion? you can just abandon your city and create a new account, then the existing scroll stays and there is no spot to fill. and we know how long dead accounts take to get removed if at all.
If it's a new city it will be deleted within a few weeks.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Kind forum members disagreed with me last time I said it; but maybe it'd help if Inno offered a special prize for people who sell their Moonstone Library. There's too much (damn) scrolls. Maybe a bonfire quest? Maybe if Inno stopped creating cities with scrolls as boost? @Stucon may have the only workable solution :cool:

Gargon667

Mentor
What to do if you have scrolls as T2 boost? Currently am at 3 chapter. I am unlucky to have this boost, which is unsellable. My fellows from fellowship are trading this boost for 3 starts. I have read about endless scroll and that scrolls are the most unlucky boost to have. What to do? keep factories for other unboosted T2, buy travelling merchant II from MA, cross trade T1 for T2? What are your strategies? I think it should be option to change boosted T2 if it is scrolls even for diamonds, because it is very unfair !!!!! Maybe some more advanced players will tell me what to do.

Some things I can think of:

1. Start a new city, but as @Pauly7 explained, it doesn´t solve the problem, only pushes it on to the next guy.
2. Play as normal, as long as you are a small city your FS should accept all your scroll trades. You being smaller than the others, will most likely last for quite a long time.
3. Offer good 3-star trades.
4. I personally would go the way @BlueBlou describes: Build no T2 at all and instead use T1 and T3 factories and cross-tier trade, you would actually do a favor to your FS by not making more scrolls, but not everybody understands this. If your FS doesn´t like cross-tier trades, you have a long fight to educate them in front of you, or of course you join a smarter FS.

Do NOT:
1. build non-boosted factories
2. Use traveling merchants

I also have scrolls boost in my main city (just finishing woodelves chapter). I didn't realise the disadvantage until I had committed and wasn't going to start again. The key for me was to find a FS with fairly even boosts. My FS is fairly balanced and not many have stocked up on moonstone libraries, therefore there is something of a market for scrolls. Even then I always trade 3*, to encourage people to accept my trades. Also I was fortunate enough last week to be moved from the edge of the map to a place more active where my trades have been going faster. But yeah, I'd say find a FS with even boosts (or even one lacking in scrolls), Elvenstats is a good resource, you can search fellowships and there's a graph that will show you the balance of boosted goods. Good luck! :)