• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Leagues in Events?

Sir Derf

Adept
My Youtube algorithm just served up a video describing a new reward mechanic, Leagues, operating during events, and while I don't think they name-dropped Sorcerer's Knowledge, I believe they said it is operating in Beta right now. Anyone want to weigh in?

Hekata

Artisan
It's curious they have announced it already on live. This new feature has only started on Beta 2 days ago. It still hasn't been properly tested and they don't know yet what the majority of Beta player thinks about it but they have already decide it's going to hit live servers.

m4rt1n

Adept
@Solanix just wondered why this thread is in the beta section hidden, when the feature is advertised on live worlds both on PC and the App?

Hekata

Artisan
I doubt players that would make an account on Beta now would be able to do much testing. Playing an event in chapter 1 or 2 usually doesn't let you go very far. If anything it would only add to the numbers of those players in the 2 lowest leagues thus making the numbers the devs get not very accurate.

m4rt1n

Adept
@m4rt1n it is currently only tested on the Beta server. The advertisement was put up in the live worlds to get more players to create accounts on the Beta in order to make the test more efficient.

The announcement didn't make that clear though, hence my confusion.

Hekata

Artisan
@Hekata they can still try it out and comment it on the Forum or am I wrong?
Ofc they can play and comment, I'm just saying that playing an event before getting at least to chapter 3 or 4 is a much harder and different experience than in later chapters, so I'm not sure how much testing they can do. In early chapter players are just focused on setting up their city. Not to mention that players who would start on beta now are far more experienced than true beginners to this game so what they could do during this event on beta would not be an accurate representation of what people in early chapters on live could actually do.

m4rt1n

Adept
IMO they test to see how many people are spending money to get the event currency

Most likely the case, testing a source of revenue. To me though that is ok as the more that spend keeps my game free to play. :)

Autumn Goldleaf

Spellcaster
It's all just a silly pay to win idea anyway. The top 1% of players get into the top rung of prizes and that will only be the people buying extra currency.
Yes, that's exactly how I saw it...
A thinly veiled attempt to get players to spend money on Event currency...
Sorry, not going to happen here...
If they want us to spend more money on the game, they need to make it worthwhile... Like, introducing something like a beautiful 3d, 4d city, building up into trees, as an Elven city should!.... Now that would be exciting!

Pauly7

Magus
Yeah, the plan used to be - get players to spend more money. Now it's a case of - get players to spend more money than other players if they want the prizes.

Autumn Goldleaf

Spellcaster
All you need to do to get players to REALLY invest in the game is combine these ideas with a beautifully interactive growing tree as the city .... I would spend the rest of my life in there....
Add a few birds and butterflies, vines and flowers that get more lovely as you level up through the Chapters...
20210520_180504.jpg
20210520_180404.jpg

Last edited:

Alcaro

Necromancer
I would also like that SomeThing happens when you are reaching the top of the Spire. Right now I don't see anything marking this achievement. My soldier just stay there staring at something on the floor. He looks pretty stupid if you ask me.

Alcaro

Necromancer
btw ... reading back some comments .. spending money in this game (and all other games) .. I don't spend money out of frustration, I do it when I really enjoy the game, which isn't quite the case anymore. Give me a game where I love to "stay" and most likely I will spend money on it. Make my life miserable, make me feel used and cheated and definitely I will not spend a dime. At this point I am not willing to spend anything anymore.

Pauly7

Magus
I would also like that SomeThing happens when you are reaching the top of the Spire. Right now I don't see anything marking this achievement. My soldier just stay there staring at something on the floor. He looks pretty stupid if you ask me.
What would be awesome is if you reach the top of the Spire, then the graphic should change into a picture of a bar or pool or something and then you'd see the avatars of all your other fellows sat in there who have reached the top already. So you'd all be sat there having a drink awaiting the rest of the team.