• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.128

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to version 1.128

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Pauly7

Magus
I'm happy to have something extra I can do with excess relics. Presumably that means we can save on CCs when doing it, rather than the relic cost just being added on top?

Hekata

Artisan
I'm happy to have something extra I can do with excess relics. Presumably that means we can save on CCs when doing it, rather than the relic cost just being added on top?
I hope so too, the other option being it's instead of spell fragments, now that would be bad :)

Edit: It's interesting this hasn't been introduced on Beta previously, unless I've missed the notice.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I do not see this change on beta in the same version, so we have no clue what has been changed?
It could be that those recipes just become more expensive.

Lets wait and see,
Or did you see a list on beta I have missed?

Hekata

Artisan
And still nothing.... If those recipes have a 5% chance to appear we won be really making "better use of excess Relics" as the notice claims.
@anonglitch have they forgotten to add the new recipes?

Gargon667

Mentor
Sounds at least interesting, whatever it turns out to be... Wouldn´t mind getting rid of some relics.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Crafting - Some recipes will now allow crafting by adding a Tier 1 or 2 Relic on top of a Boosted Relic amount to make better use of excess Relics.

1. I can see that this may be a useful 'Resource sink' for later-game players, who have typically amassed a lot of Relics for which there is little use but Crafting (see below) once the full 700% Boost has been achieved in all Tiers of Goods. However, and as others have already stated, if the additional Relics are simply being added to the existing cost of the relevant Recipes, rather than being used to substitute for one or more of those Recipes' non-Relic components (Spell Fragments and/or Combining Catalysts), then younger Cities will probably be far less pleased that it will become more difficult for them to amass a stockpile of non-Boosted Relics which - and do I have this right? - I believe will still be needed (albeit at later stages of the game) when Sentient and now Ascended Goods come into play. If I'm wrong on this, however, and there really is no use at all for non-Boosted Relics apart from in Crafting, please ignore this point (and please, can someone wiser than me also kindly let me know?!).

2. Be the above as it may (depending on whether I'm right or wrong on the need for non-Boosted Relics once Sentient and Ascended Goods enter the game), at my own stage (mid-Woodelves Chapter) I am finding it difficult to keep enough non-Boosted Relics in stock to cover my Crafting needs even as things are now. In particular, I'm sure I am not alone in constantly needing my Boosted+2 Relics (in all three Tiers) in order to keep up production of Combining Catalysts - and I'm speaking as someone who doesn't even run my Magic Academy 24/7, but rather who Crafts only what I need - maybe 2-3 items per day, at the very most - with some of those Crafted items, rather ironically, being the 5-sets of Boosted+2 Relics which I need in order to Craft other items...! I have far too many Tier 1-3 Boosted Relics at my stage... it's the NON-Boosted Relics which are chronically in short supply, so if I'm going to need to spend even more of those on Crafting than I already do, this will actually be a detriment to me, not any kind of useful change.

Of course, it's difficult to form any useful opinion (on either of the two points above, but especially the second point) until (unless?) Inno releases a list of which Recipes will be requiring more Relics, and how many of them, and which types... so will such a list be forthcoming, by any chance?

rock stream

Scholar
Combining Catalysts - and I'm speaking as someone who doesn't even run my Magic Academy 24/7, but rather who Crafts only what I need - maybe 2-3 items per day, at the very most
How can you do that? I run the Magic Academy 24/7 producing Combing Catalysts until I'm out of one of the relics. I only craft what I need or is of benefit so the crafting sits idle lots of time. I'm always out of spell fragments or CC's.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Once you run out of relics, it takes a very long time to get that number up again, if you are even remotely interested in doing it. No relic, no CC, very few crafted recipes as other sources for CC is limited if you do not have many library sets placed. But, if you do have many library sets, you do not need to make CC in the MA ...

Hekata

Artisan
How can you do that? I run the Magic Academy 24/7 producing Combing Catalysts until I'm out of one of the relics. I only craft what I need or is of benefit so the crafting sits idle lots of time. I'm always out of spell fragments or CC's.
To have enough relics you must regularly push to higher provinces in the tournaments with the relics you need, especially that boosted T3+2 relic. Something like 6 rounds of 15 provinces or 5 rounds of 20 provinces should give you enough relics to keep making cc and craft 24/7 (or any other combination where you go high enough in some rounds to get those provinces that give you 4 or 5 relics). For spell fragments you have to play the Spire every week a preferably to the top of the second level. Plus as @BlueBlou said having some library sets helps with both CC and SF.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
To have enough relics you must regularly push to higher provinces in the tournaments with the relics you need, especially that boosted T3+2 relic. Something like 6 rounds of 15 provinces or 5 rounds of 20 provinces should give you enough relics to keep making cc and craft 24/7 (or any other combination where you go high enough in some rounds to get those provinces that give you 4 or 5 relics). For spell fragments you have to play the Spire every week a preferably to the top of the second level. Plus as @BlueBlou said having some library sets helps with both CC and SF.
For spell fragments you need spire + library sets (which you can no longer get in large numbers), the spire itself cannot sustain a 24/7 crafting spree.

A level 5 academy (better spell fragment conversion) and going for the largest possible buildings as daily prizes in events allows you to aquire a large portion of spell fregments as the building size and MA level decide how many you get. once you're in a PP oversupply situation it also becomes a lovely recource of spellfragments.

Hekata

Artisan
For spell fragments you need spire + library sets (which you can no longer get in large numbers), the spire itself cannot sustain a 24/7 crafting spree.
I have 2 library sets and I keep them mostly for CCs. The amount of SF I have is always going up so I'm pretty sure that even just playing the Spire is enough for 24/7 crafting.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I have 2 library sets and I keep them mostly for CCs. The amount of SF I have is always going up so I'm pretty sure that even just playing the Spire is enough for 24/7 crafting.

I't not much that the spire is short to sustain 24/7. I'll guess looking at the numbers again 1 library set is enough to keep it neutral.
It's about 1-4K a week that I go down over a period of many many many months.

I have no sets in my main town.

FieryArien

Necromancer
I’m also very curious about the change in recipes. It’s weird that nobody have seen anything so far ...
I'm pretty sure that even just playing the Spire is enough for 24/7 crafting.
Interesting. I have a (Woodelves) city with two library sets and doing at least 2 levels of Spire every week. Crafting in every cycle is something I definitely can’t afford, because I’m running low on spell fragments all the time. And CCs aren’t great either.

On the other hand my (Elvenar) city with three Library sets and 2 Spire floors each week is swimming in fragments and CCs and can craft whatever I want there.