• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Rise of the Phoenix Cult

Thagdal

Sorcerer
It was like that in the previous events, but please don’t count on it.

Im not counting on it ;) most worthless grand prize (and special dailies) event ever. Glad its over.:)
Only did the first few so i dont have it popup in the crafting rotation.

Capture.JPG

m4rt1n

Adept
Glad it's over also, a picture of a bird for completing everything, that is the worst event prize ever in the history of the game.

Soon we will be winning just pictures instead of buildings, longing on the old days when events meant grand prizes for the effort of completion.

Last edited:

Sigyn

Spellcaster
Glad it's over also, a picture of a bird for completing everything, that is the worst event prize ever in the history of the game.
I agree the quests are getting harder (and they are doubled up) the rewards are getting worse and to top it off - all you get for completing the quest chain is a portrait - WHY!!!! What's wrong with the Ferris wheel/Goddess of wishes - at least that has some value!
Some days if it wasn't for my fellowship I probably wouldn't even bother.

Thutmosse

Novice
Just out of interest, do you mean you pick the box that gives the highest percentage number of winning a daily prize? If so that is, unfortunately, not the best system for winning dailies, if that was your aim.
I took the box that showed max. chance on daily reward; if such option was available

edit:
to be honest, I'm not sure, if getting one reward over another between 2 servers is kind of bad luck...

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I took the box that showed max. chance on daily reward; if such option was available

edit:
to be honest, I'm not sure, if getting one reward over another between 2 servers is kind of bad luck...
if you want a daily it bestt to take a box that has the most chance per event currency.

2 chances of 10% is better than 1x 15%
the more boxes you open the less influential the random is. just like how when you roll 6 dice the result is kanda random but when you roll 50 dice they will be distributed somewhat evenly.

Sir Derf

Adept
If you have any particular focus in an event, it's easiest to look at a site like ElvenGems, where the numbers have all been crunched and all the chests are ranked from best to worst choice for any given goal, allowing you to make the best informed decision with every three-chest offering.

Gargon667

Mentor
I agree the quests are getting harder (and they are doubled up) the rewards are getting worse and to top it off - all you get for completing the quest chain is a portrait - WHY!!!! What's wrong with the Ferris wheel/Goddess of wishes - at least that has some value!
Some days if it wasn't for my fellowship I probably wouldn't even bother.

I find the event quests are getting easier and easier, this time I finished the quest line in 3 days while actually being busy with work and never once looking at a quest list to plan ahead. That would have been entirely impossible in events a year or two ago. Back then it would have taken a LOT of planning and a flawless execution of the plan and even then 3 days would have been extremely fast. Now I can really not see what I can do to make it last more than 3 days lol. Of course back then the rewards would have made it worth it finishing.

Also your FS has absolutely nothing to do with you finishing the event or not, nor will they care... Unless of course they want to make a bird picture the entry requirement for your FS ;)

Pauly7

Magus
I find the event quests are getting easier and easier
I agree. This event had absolutely zero on offer for me in my main city so I decided to pretty much ignore it. Obviously I kept clicking to see what the next quest was and I cleared them as and when my normal game took care of them automatically. I think the only ones I did anything proactively with were the couple of quests that said "upgrade 2 buildings to level 5 or higher". For those I happened to have a low level Dark Signpost lying around which needed a single RR for upgrades.

Anyway, the long and the short of it was - I completed the last quest on the list on the last day of the event... and still won the coveted chicken picture!

Sir Derf

Adept
I remember in my earlier days planning ahead with a shantytown of Manus and Factories to make mass quantities of specific short- and long-duration productions. Now, it's more "make a lot of T1/2/3 or supplies, any way you can", which is a lot easier to accomplish without intentionally trying.

Hekata

Artisan
I will prefer 64, this one giving 28% chance to give you 50 eggs.
125 you will have, use 64, then 61 remain.
if get the 50 eggs, you will have 61+50 = 111, you will surely got chance to open next 3+ feathers chest.
True, it was also a good option, but I didn't want to count on the extra currency as with one try even 28% is not much of a chance, I was relying more on the chances to get good chests after the fist round. (Sorry for the late reply, I did check all the suggestions but I didn't have time to answer)

I think you are right and 79 is best because you then have 3 feathers with 29 essences in hand. In this situation you will definitely win enough more to open the 45 chest following... if you get it.
Yep, I did end up going with that one since by my count there were several chest combos after that that could do the trick but then Murphy's law decided to do it's worst and I got chests 79, 113, 137 on the next draw, the only 3 I had no chance to open, lol. I guess one of those rare occasions where the otherwise useless Ashen Phoenix would have made a difference :D

Autumn Goldleaf

Spellcaster
I think 'reward' is quite a loose description! :p

I get the feeling it's more of a case of "you complained that the Goddess of Wishes wasn't good enough, so this time you can have a picture of a chicken and like it".
Haha! It looks more like a bedraggled Gannet... ;P

sgjennings

Adventurer
Overall I enjoyed the event but would have preferred a Goddess of Wishes / Ferris Wheel instead of a picture of a bird as a reward for completion ;)

Toursy

Alchemist
My last feedback on the event, since the recipes have popped enough times in the MA, it was a successful event, I still wish one day it will be easier to convert other artifacts sleeping in the inventory into other things we like.
For yet the Spire provides artifacts for previous event buildings, but in three weeks it's quite impossible to get 10 even finishing the Spire every time, not even knowing when these artifacts will come back, then what is the purpose of these rewards for new players that never had the building before ? It would be really attractive to be able to exchange other artifacts for the one we like, so we can make the Spire something attractive again.