• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Set Buildings

Oblong

Novice
Can someone explain how to get the best out of set buildings. I have 2 magical chess set, 3 moonstone library so they should be able to give max. How should they be linked to get best reward?

kimkimkim

Summoner
the magical chess set has 4 different pieces to it, the golden king, solar rook, flame knight and tome bishop....put together should look like this
Crafting_Set1.png

the moonstone library set has 5 pieces to it, the mana plant, the gum tree, the moonstone gate, the endless scroll and the moonstone library.....put together should look like this
Crafting_Set1.png

Deleted User - 341074

Can someone explain how to get the best out of set buildings. I have 2 magical chess set, 3 moonstone library so they should be able to give max. How should they be linked to get best reward?
Sets do not mix, so you can't add 2 chess pieces to your moonstone set to get max bonuses.

Keep an eye on your MA recipes though, the last pieces you are missing will show up.

Gargon667

Mentor
Link bonus means, how many other buildings from the set a building must touch. So if you have 3 possible link boni, but the piece is only connected to 2 other pieces, you will only get the first 2 boni, if you want the 3rd one as well you need to place another piece next to it.
There usually are various ways of putting a set together, so you get all the boni (or at least the ones you want).

Gargon667

Mentor
Inside of a bin?

A garbage bin is what he means ;) and I couldn´t agree more.
None of the pieces has a better than standard on any of the productions. Even if thinking about partial sets, i think I tried all possible combinations and number of pieces and did not find a single useful one. Which means if you need all the resources it produces you still don´t get better than standard preoduction. You´re way better off using standard buildings that you can adjust individually rather than having to drag a thing around that has no benefits at all and is a pain in the behind to upgrade every chapter (deleteing all then waiting for all the pieces to come back, which lower its productivit even more over time or alternatively not upgrade and have lower and lower productivity that way, always starting at max productivity already below standard lol. Worst set out there I can think of in the last at least 2 or 3 years.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I get the bin reference now, but not everything is about optimum functionality. It is a cool looking set if you are into that kind of thing. Very bothersome to upgrade though and very costly in CC to craft again as you go from chapter to chapter, so although I had a set once upon a time, it was sold and not rebuild.

Gargon667

Mentor
I get the bin reference now, but not everything is about optimum functionality. It is a cool looking set if you are into that kind of thing. Very bothersome to upgrade though and very costly in CC to craft again as you go from chapter to chapter, so although I had a set once upon a time, it was sold and not rebuild.

I find it absolutely clashes with just about anything else in the game, not that I would mind that if it was useful, but it certainly isn´t something I would build even for the looks, but I am not the expert on that subject: @Pauly7 what´s the verdict?

Pauly7

Magus
I find it absolutely clashes with just about anything else in the game, not that I would mind that if it was useful, but it certainly isn´t something I would build even for the looks, but I am not the expert on that subject: @Pauly7 what´s the verdict?
No, I definitely wouldn't. For me I like to have a touch of reality in what I'm looking at... or at least something that I can work out a narrative in my head for. So most of what I like to build actually look like functional buildings and I try to make a functional looking city. Some things I will disregard because they defy all reason. Included in this category are all the floats. If there is going to be a carnival float, then it should be actually on the street, not massive and beside the street.

I'm happy for there to be a touch of the fantastical and make believe, but I still have to be able to make it make sense in my head. So, if you could imagine something appearing in a city even in the Dark Crystal, then that's probably fine.

So I would probably put the chess set into the same category as the floats. Why would there be a massive wobbly chess set in the middle of a city? There would be a bit of work to do to reconcile that in my mind. It was hard enough coming to terms with Phoenixes.