• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Rise of the Phoenix Cult Questline BETA Event

Jackluyt

Shaman
A new Questline Event started on Beta!

Like last time, the possibility to exchange Phoenix Artifacts through Crafting will also temporarily become available again.

Read more here: https://tinyurl.com/4kjuxkcr

156620196_10218743729284973_7587417760205173786_n.jpg

Hekata

Artisan
If I see this correctly there is a nerf to the amounts of troops we can get. 4385 Archers (or maybe even 6k at my chapter if we assume it scales with the chapters) is less than 3 squads, whereas so far the smallest instant was 5 squads IIRC.

Edit: My SS are probably smaller than those of most players since I haven't yet unlocked the optional SS techs, so for others this might not even be 2 squads and they will be getting even less troops.

Gargon667

Mentor
Well I will wait to see the numbers for my chapter before I go nuts, but it sure looks like the rewards of the previous events really needed nerfing lol.
I guess they assume everybody will play for the phoenix artifacts alone, no need to hand out anything else haha.

Pauly7

Magus
As always these days, everything new is pretty underwhelming for this new event. I've looked through the new buildings and there isn't one which isn't just a little bit worse than anything else you may already have. The Saddle Forge could potentially be interesting, as I don't remember buildings giving out tools for later chapters before, but the amount is so small I don't think it's really worth considering much. Admittedly it is supplies that don't require population or culture, but in 24 hours it will pay out a tenth of the supplies that my magic workshop pays out in 3 hours!

As for the Ashen Phoenix - It's just so poor really. The feeding effect which pays out a little extra event currency from event quests is just so miniscule that there isn't anyone in their right mind who should ever be feeding it. So what else is there to make it worth its while? A bit of culture and population, but not enough to hold up as a culture/pop building. Mana - which is only really any use to people in chapter 9-11. A bit of T5 - but less in 24 hours than your manu will give you in 3.

As I always end up saying these days - If, on top of the other things, they added a healthy amount of coins and supplies, then it could be worth building, but as it is it's just junk... especially as it can't be teleported, or even boosted.

This event is all about being able to produce 2019 artefacts for those that still need them. If there is any player who doesn't have all three 2019 Phoenixes fully evolved, there is absolutely no case for wasting artefacts putting them into this new one.

Hekata

Artisan
Sadly the prizes are nerfed with every event. Giving us goods was already a poor move IMO, and now I see Mana in one chest!! o_O Not to mention that of all the possible types of goods they chose T2, the one type that is already problematic on the trader. Currently, not counting the daily prizes, the best thing to get from those chests is coin and supply instants, at least for me. But for the next event maybe we get a fixed amount of those two instead of instants :D

Pauly7

Magus
If I see this correctly there is a nerf to the amounts of troops we can get. 4385 Archers (or maybe even 6k at my chapter if we assume it scales with the chapters) is less than 3 squads, whereas so far the smallest instant was 5 squads IIRC.
Yes, you are right about this. They didn't like the way it would look if they released a new kind of troop instant that only gave out 2 squads, so instead they just give out individual units to mask the nerf.

I blame @Gargon667 for getting too excited about winning troop instants! :p

Hekata

Artisan
Yes, you are right about this. They didn't like the way it would look if they released a new kind of troop instant that only gave out 2 squads, so instead they just give out individual units to mask the nerf.
It's a very poor mask if even I ,with my terrible maths skills, figured it out at first glace, haha :D

Pauly7

Magus
Didn't troop instants start out being 25 squads? Ah, those were the days... Probably less that a year ago.

Deleted User - 341074

As always these days, everything new is pretty underwhelming for this new event.
Sadly it seems I have joined you, @Gargon667, and many others in this. For years I've always been able to find that one prize that I was prepared to go all-in on but for 2 events now I'm going for an instant that will have just the tiniest little impact on my city for a day.
If the GP was at least something my city could use I'd be more interested.

The quests so far are very much like the last couple of events with the one change that you need a few turd productions like 9h T1x3 much later which isn't great.
Still, with zero prep, no spoilers at all and zero space dedicated to the event getting to the locked quests in under 36h cost me
~30h of timers
3 teleport spells
50 diamonds for an MA flip Because I was just that impatient.

I strongly suspect the rest of the quests will auto-complete themselves through normal play just like the other events.

The underwhelming prizes are actually pretty fair for the self-completing nature of the events, but, are we happy with this?
The developers have watered down the quests in direct response to player complaints that events (and the FA) are "too disruptive to normal play"
This means that unless you are trying to publish a quest list you don't have to alter your game in any way to do an entire event in 3 weeks, but you also get almost nothing for it.

Would a return to the days of mass disruption and shantytowns making dozens of productions in exchange for valuable, interesting, and useful prizes be welcomed?

Pauly7

Magus
Would a return to the days of mass disruption and shantytowns making dozens of productions in exchange for valuable, interesting, and useful prizes be welcomed?
Absolutely, if the alternative is no point to even playing the events, which is what we've seen lately.

Also... and this might just be me... because the original Phoenixes were so good, I feel like the Phoenix events should be kind of the flagship events that people get excited about. I think the Ashen Phoenix is kinda disrespectful to the Phoenix name.

Gargon667

Mentor
Didn't troop instants start out being 25 squads? Ah, those were the days... Probably less that a year ago.
Those 25 squads was a huge nerf compared to the time boosts we used to get lol. Now they have to nerf 5 squads because it´s too much ... shows how far we have come :D

Gargon667

Mentor
Absolutely, if the alternative is no point to even playing the events, which is what we've seen lately.

Also... and this might just be me... because the original Phoenixes were so good, I feel like the Phoenix events should be kind of the flagship events that people get excited about. I think the Ashen Phoenix is kinda disrespectful to the Phoenix name.

Well obviously I play the event for the artifacts, but I am thinking it will be my last event. After that I won´t bother with all the clicking anymore for gaining a total of 17 squads in an entire event...

Gargon667

Mentor

Certainly yes by me.
No effort for no rewards is fair up to a point, but once both rewards and effort approach zero, the clicking is simply not worth it anymore. Same as with the old tourney, where rewards were limited by willingness to go through the sillyness of the clicking... only in reverse lol.

Giraffi

Enchanter
Mana? Wonder what that would be at lower chapter levels. Far too fancy programming involved to my liking. They also made it more difficult for me to decide on a number of when is a chest a good chest for the number Sky Essence needed to open it.

Stucon

Illusionist
Those 25 squads was a huge nerf compared to the time boosts we used to get lol. Now they have to nerf 5 squads because it´s too much ... shows how far we have come :D
I remember getting 40 hr time boost in chapter 2 or 3 and thinking I would NEVER use it :)

Hekata

Artisan
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the irony that there is a quest asking us to use 3 unite instants now that we don't get unit instants anymore :D
Ofc there is an alternative to that option but still... :D

Pauly7

Magus
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the irony that there is a quest asking us to use 3 unite instants now that we don't get unit instants anymore :D
Ofc there is an alternative to that option but still... :D
Yeah it's a bit silly. The alternate option is to negotiate encounters. So anyone who isn't holding troop instants and has hit the orc wall will just be stuck with no way through it... I expect them to change that quest.