• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Travelling Merchant 2 or Silk Manufactory (unboosted)

Almondum

Spellcaster
Hello Elvenarians,

I have a quick question.

Problem: I am from Winyandor (server 2) and we don't have silk players, so I decided to make it myself.
Question: What is better for this endeavour? Travelling Merchant 2 or Unboosted Silk Manufactory?

I used Elvenararchitect to do the comparison, but I suspect I might have done something wrong.
I am at orcs and this is the data I used:

Travelling Merchant 2 (Orcs): 123 silk in 3 hours
Unboosted Silk Manufactory level 15: 109 silk in 3 hours (if I understood correctly, level 16 is only available at the Sorceror's Chapter or something).

So what should I build for silk? Thank you!

Have fun,
Almond.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Trading is still the best option as those numbers are very low. If you don’t have a big silk neighbour, try and find out if anyone else has a big silk neighbour and start talking to them to find out if they will be prepared to trade with your fellowship and for what goods. Remember that the 700% bonus boost you get from having more than 500 relics actually means you get 8x the base production as it is in addition to the 100% base figure.

Other silk producing culture buildings like the air trader set and the gingerbread mansion may also help. Having an excess gold and tools that you can trade with the world trader may also help.

If all else fails, I would go with the traveling merchant ii as It does not need population.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Traveling Merchant takes 6 squares if I remember correctly. So it produces those 123 silk in 6 squares total. Your Silk Manufactory level 15 takes 3x4=12 squares and requires 996 population and 243 culture just to be built - info taken from the link you provided. So it produces those 109 silk in a lot of squares (12 squares for the building plus additional squares for 996 pops plus additional squares for 243 culture).

So the short answer for your question is: Traveling Merchant II is way better for producing your unboosted silk than building your own unboosted silk manufactory.

The long answer was provided by @BlueBlou and it’s way better than both these buildings.

Deleted User - 341074

As a test, place a couple of trades offering 1,000 scrolls or crystal for 500 silk. That's still a much better ratio than your non-boosted factory will make and I'd be shocked if they didn't get snapped up almost immediately. If they don't, have a fellowship member who is far away from you on the map try it.

kimkimkim

Summoner
Looking at your fellowship, there are in fact 4 active players that are producing silk, so I guess my question is "Why are they not helping you with your trades?" Do you need to reach out to them and ask them for help, if you still don't get it from them then do you think maybe it is time to jump ship and find a more active fellowship that will help you?[/QUOTE]

Deleted User - 341074

I am from Winyandor (server 2) and we don't have silk players
I had a peek at your FS, and it's non-boosted mistakes that are causing your problem, adding more won't solve it.

E.g. your biggest silk producing player has an equal number of scroll and crystal factories

If that player trashed their terrible crystal and scrolls buildings and replaced them with much more efficient silk factories your problems would be fixed.

Also, half of your FS members haven't even logged on in weeks several of whom haven't logged in this year at all.
That's bound to be part of your problem. One, in particular, hasn't changed their city since 2018 which is...amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Proudfoot

Senior Game Moderator
Elvenar Team
I have 2 of each merchant ii and they help keep my supplies topped up nicely as i get the crystals and magic dust even tho im in an active guild not everyone has supplies when u need them.

Almondum

Spellcaster
Thank you everyoone for the wonderful advice and many ideas! I will consider your suggestions and make sure to remember your advice!

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Hello Elvenarians,

I have a quick question.

Problem: I am from Winyandor (server 2) and we don't have silk players, so I decided to make it myself.
Question: What is better for this endeavour? Travelling Merchant 2 or Unboosted Silk Manufactory?

I used Elvenararchitect to do the comparison, but I suspect I might have done something wrong.
I am at orcs and this is the data I used:

Travelling Merchant 2 (Orcs): 123 silk in 3 hours
Unboosted Silk Manufactory level 15: 109 silk in 3 hours (if I understood correctly, level 16 is only available at the Sorceror's Chapter or something).

So what should I build for silk? Thank you!

Have fun,
Almond.
it would be way easier to make a new account with silk bonus (might take a few tries) and bring that one in.

Almondum

Spellcaster
it would be way easier to make a new account with silk bonus (might take a few tries) and bring that one in.

Hello! I am so glad I came back to this forum topic! I did exactly what you said CrazyWizard, I wonder why I did not think of this before, it's so simple! Took me 4 tries and I have a second account with a silk boost!

Thanks!