• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Moving and selling building

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Did you know that you cannot sell some but move all buildings?

On the bottom of your screen, you have two square buttons; one shows the $ sign, the other shows two crossed arrows.

The button with the two crossed arrows is your MOVE button, click on it and then on the building you want to move and drag it to its new place. The only restriction you might face when moving a building is space. Else it is straightforward.

If you cannot find a place for the building you want to move to, you have another option: Teleport Building spell. This spell drops in the Spire of Eternity which you can access as soon as you are in chapter 3 of your research. If you have such a spell in the Enchantments tab of the spell inventory, you can click on the spell and then on the building in your way. A window will come up, asking if you want to move this building into your inventory. The confirmation of this message moves your building into your inventory; the spell gets consumed.

There is a list of buildings you cannot move into your inventory: all Ancient Wonders and all evolving event buildings, Main Hall, Builders Hut, Magic Academy, Trader, Barracks, Training Grounds, and Mercenary Camp.

The button with the $ sign is for selling or recycling buildings. This process is not reversible; once the building is gone, it is gone. To make sure that you thought that through, the game sends you a warning message on your screen, asking if you are sure about it, and it also tells you what you will gain or lose when selling this particular building. Please bear in mind: any building you can recreate (builder menu, Magic Academy, or runes) cannot be restored by Support. If you confirm your warning message too hastily, you will have to go through the recreate process.

There are certain buildings you cannot sell: Main Hall, Trader, Magic Academy, Barracks, and Builders Hut.

Streets can always get moved and sold, but you cannot move them to the inventory.

Last edited:

BlueBlou

Illusionist
The info above is what one sees when you use a computer browzer. On app it works slightly different as you start with a single button, the crossed arrows button. The dollar sign button will only appear in the next screen.

Suggestion: Always add whether it is app or browzer, especially if there are some differences. I love pictures and I think a few visuals will add value to your info, @Solanix . Great write ups!

Gargon667

Mentor
How about making a Q&A section or tips&tricks or whatever you want to call it. A sticky no-reply-thread containing your finished posts without all the additional comments etc. Then it would be easy to refer new forum members to that one topic.

I would keep both of course so we can keep discussing the topics in the original threads (maybe even include the links to each one), but those will eventually disappear down the drain, while the sticky one would always stay on top.

Gargon667

Mentor
@BlueBlou that's a good idea.
@Gargon667 we will need to think about that. But then, most of the things I am writing about are also in the tips when you log on ... I am very happy about all the comments because sometimes I miss out on things when writing a post and also, English is not my first language (you might have spotted that :) )

exactly, you put in a lot of time writing and we help out with the editing, would be a shame to have all the work just disappear. I find those finished posts really quite nice. Worth keeping for sure.
no matter how often the search function is pointed out I don´t think it gets a lot of traffic ;)

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @Gargon667 we certainly don't want these posts to disappear either! @Solanix puts a lot of time into these and they are extremely valuable snippets of information. We have no intention of deleting however as time goes on, we will begin to archive the information. But we'll certainly consider another section just dedicated to Finished Posts! :)

Gargon667

Mentor
Hi @Gargon667 we certainly don't want these posts to disappear either! @Solanix puts a lot of time into these and they are extremely valuable snippets of information. We have no intention of deleting however as time goes on, we will begin to archive the information. But we'll certainly consider another section just dedicated to Finished Posts! :)

A whole section sounds a bit like overkill, but if you find that easier than making a sticky thread, sure why not? Anywhere that is easy to refer folks to works, preferably with a single link.