• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Jan 2021 New Carnival Event- Beta Server

Pauly7

Magus
@Gargon667 @Pauly7
You two each have cities that generally have no interest in daily buildings prizes, right?
It depends in which city. In my main one I am always looking out for good daily prizes, but I am only really interested in the aesthetics. If I see one I really like then I'd move hell or high water to get it. It doesn't happen often. Maybe once every three events. In my Beta city I'm interested in all good daily buildings like any normal developing player (oh, the irony that I managed 1 daily prize after spending 2,700 candies in this event!) Then there's my small city. I could be potentially interested in one new daily, if a good enough pure culture building appears which is either 3x3 or 4x3.

I like the idea for the new buildings though.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Note that the number of quests in the forthcoming event has been decreased from the original 75 to 74.
1f60a.png

62 of these have been released already in Beta Server, and from now one we get one more every day.

The up-to-date quest list is here: https://tinyurl.com/yxa5plsb

145723562_10218571900869370_1669977786260453485_n.jpg

Gargon667

Mentor
@Gargon667 @Pauly7
You two each have cities that generally have no interest in daily buildings prizes, right?

The problem with advanced cities combined with RR spells is that for anything new to be of interest it must by definition be more powerful than anything previously offered, which arguably means overpowered, and that kind of power creep is dangerous for game balancing.

So, I had an idea not yet fully formed about a new event offering:
We already have 5-day Needles of the Tempest, Dragon Abbey, and Sanctuary in the ELR, MMM, and UUU but what about the rest?
Mini versions of most wonders could be made:
an ETC that makes your MM spells more powerful and/or pumps out a lot of seeds
A Maze that pumps out mana and/or reduces mana decay
Etc.

The key is that by offering 5-day expiring buildings they can be made powerful enough that players would actually want them without ruining the game balance or inflicting more power creep.

The enhancement to strategy is potentially fantastic.
For example, I'm at a stage where I've decided to add a couple of factories from zero to max, and that will cost a few hundred thousand seeds more than usual so some "throw-away" seed producers and/or some that reduce seed decay would be excellent.

Likewise, when working on a MH upgrade or some costly techs you could toss down some Mini Mazes for a little mana boost/decay reduction.

Adding in VS, and HF minis could actually make melee much more useful in fights too, breaking the "Range>Everything Else" in current combat.
(this would be harder to balance than the rest, but that can be handled)

Even the 3h troop production mechanic from wonders could be used. As long as it makes more troops than an instant at the cost of taking up space for 5 days and requiring interaction via 3h collects, I think it would be a desirable alternative prize.

Well, I think you can see where the idea is going, so do you think it worth pursuing, and fleshing out? I don't want to waste the time if it's not something that players would find enticing as a prize option.
Note to moderators: I'm aware that there is an ideas and suggestions forum where this might be more appropriate, but the idea isn't ready yet and in my experience ideas that aren't well thought out when first presented die without the possibility of resurrection. First impressions and all that.

I am not playing chapters anymore, so buildings have lost the appeal. I have dozens of buildings for every purpose that I will most likely never use anyways. This extends even to resources like seeds and mana that are mostly used for chapter progress.

I usually like evolving buildings, but because they are not teleportable I now don´t build them anymore, unless they are especially useful, for example I liked the witch hut. If I could teleport them i would flip them around and put in certain buildings for certain purposes etc. But the way it is I am forced to mostly ignore them...

So the only rewards of interest in the latest events have been troop instants. But of course anything military would be of interest, if they came up with something new.

Deleted User - 341074

So the only rewards of interest in the latest events have been troop instants. But of course anything military would be of interest, if they came up with something new.
So at least some of the 5-day wonders would appeal to you?
I too am no longer doing research so after I'm done with my upgrades the seeds&mana will drop off in value dramatically. All military wonders will still have value to me though.

Jackluyt

Shaman
I know there is a lot of debate about the best way to calculate which chest is best, but this is my attempt, based on a chart from a previous event that was posted in Beta.
It was made for the average Elvenar player with limited basic computer skills, who wants to see the information at a single glance,
I have never done a chart like this before, and would like to know if this one is essentially correct or do I need to change anything?

Comments / suggestions are welcome!!

145617724_10218574488734065_1014672371579123988_o.jpg

This is the version I have posted In our Event Note; I need confirmation that the calculations are correct:

145883975_10218577034277702_396796249198839362_n.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted User - 341074

there is a lot of debate about the best way to calculate which chest is best

The most accurate method that will lead to superior results is easily accessible via Minmax's calculator

I have never done a chart like this before, and would like to know if this one is essentially correct or do I need to change anything?
This is the version I have posted In our Event Note; I need confirmation that the calculations are correct:
Unfortunately, they are not correct. Please see the link above for details but essentially picking a very expensive chest like
the 138 @22.6 candies per flag instead of
the 46 @23 candies per flag
is a mistake.
This is because you are far better off only "wasting" 46 candies on a bad chest rather than 138.
It is statistically much better to lose that 0.4 candies per flag in efficiency in order to flip the chests and get access to the "good" chests for less.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauly7

Magus
The calculations are OK. (it's just my table, but coloured pink :) ) It depends how you are looking at it. You (and MinMax) talk about an overall strategy, but my table rates each chest on its individual merit. If I only opened the 139 chest and you only opened the 46 chest, then statistically I will win more artefacts.

I do like the deeper thinking though. For the theory to work you would have to calculate the percentage chance of better chests appearing after you pick cheap chests and then work out how much that affects the result. There's too many variables in there for me to figure out, but I applaud MinMax if it's all taken into account.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 341074

There's too many variables in there for me to figure out, but I applaud MinMax if it's all taken into account.
Indeed he has which impressed me as well. AFAIK he also runs sims like Fasstd used to so testing it out a few million times gets the proof needed.

Gargon667

Mentor
Indeed he has which impressed me as well. AFAIK he also runs sims like Fasstd used to so testing it out a few million times gets the proof needed.

Now if only the prizes were worth the effort... I suppose the real prize is figuring out the best model, not what can be gained with it...