• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Update Discussion Discussion: New Spìre of Eternity rewards.

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
Let me just say I am so relieved with this decision! I love the idea that now players are able to evolve buildings that previously they could just craft. My next question is: will INNO decide to offer other artifacts in spire... like on a rotation basis? Because that would rock!
Actually any decision to be able to craft or win old artifacts would be awesome in my books

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I'm a caterer so is there a Phoenix to help the non-fighters?
Aureate Phoenix and even the Storm Phoenix. Aureate gives you T1 goods every day and boosts a % of production of all manus when fed. The active feeding time is not very long, so you will have to be selective when to use it. Storm gives additional boost to a Magical Manufacturing spell when fed. My personal choice would be to evolve Aureate first and Storm second, especially if you have a lot of manus. They can be a bit pet food greedy and more so if used together. Lol, you have to watch the diet of the birds. :)

edit correction: Aureate gives goods every 48 hrs

Last edited:

Trehan

Novice
Aureate Phoenix and even the Storm Phoenix. Aureate gives you T1 goods every day and boosts a % of production of all manus when fed. The active feeding time is not very long, so you will have to be selective when to use it. Storm gives additional boost to a Magical Manufacturing spell when fed. My personal choice would be to evolve Aureate first and Storm second, especially if you have a lot of manus. They can be a bit pet food greedy and more so if used together. Lol, you have to watch the diet of the birds. :)

Thank You

:)

Novarian

Seeker
If you got 1 artefact from one week in the Spire then see that as a good result. Many people will get no artefacts from one Spire. Occasionally you may get two, but that would be a bumper week.

This will last for 6 weeks and if you end up with 6 artefacts then that's probably slightly better than average.
i really hope so

Laurelin

Sorcerer
I am aware that the Spire rewards (certainly at present, while Phoenix Artifacts are available) have been altered such that pre-Guest Race players are offered Coin and Supply Instants instead of Portal Profits. However, does anyone know whether is it also intended that players already in the Guest Races are also seeing Coin and Supply Instants - in my case (Ch.VIII), in 'Mini-Boss' Chests and also in Blue Mystery Chests, as below?

Spire_Phoenix_Artifacts_Prizes_24-01-2020_St_01_M-Boss_02_Supply_Instant.jpg Spire_Phoenix_Artifacts_Prizes_24-01-2020_St_02_M-Boss_03_Coin_Instant.jpg Spire_Phoenix_Artifacts_Prizes_24-01-2020_St_01_Boss_Blue_Mystery_Chest.jpg

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I am aware that the Spire rewards (certainly at present, while Phoenix Artifacts are available) have been altered such that pre-Guest Race players are offered Coin and Supply Instants instead of Portal Profits. However, does anyone know whether is it also intended that players already in the Guest Races are also seeing Coin and Supply Instants - in my case (Ch.VIII), in 'Mini-Boss' Chests and also in Blue Mystery Chests, as below?

View attachment 5172 View attachment 5173 View attachment 5174
IT's not related Laurelin, you still have the portal profits.

for the blue chest:
  • 10% manaplant is changed to 10% supply windfall (20%)
  • 10% gum tree is changed to 10% coin rain (20%)
Coin rains and supply windfalls have always been a part of the rewards I do not see any PP be changed to either of them.

Gargon667

Mentor
I'm a caterer so is there a Phoenix to help the non-fighters?

There is only 1 Phoenix that helps fighter, but that one is by far the most powerful of all buildings :D

There are two other Phoenixes available in crafting which both boost goods production.
The Aureate is probably best for standard goods, while the Storm is more complicated (requires MM enchantments), but works for anything that can get MM enchantments including sentient goods.
Also the standard production is different (not pet food effect): quite nice quantities of T1+gold for the Aureate, while the Storm makes Mana/Supplies/2KP/gold

Deleted User - 1759805

darn already reached that stage on the first spire, and I don't even need them, wish someone else got that luck instead of me.
You're got 6+ artifacts from a single Spire? This sounds incredibly high.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
You're got 6+ artifacts from a single Spire? This sounds incredibly high.
you said 5.5, I got 5 this week.
it started with 2 in the first few minutes, 1 from a golden chest and 1 from the 2nd door boss first level.
I did get a purple chest (30% chance on artefact) and one from the end boss 3rd level.
not certain where I got the 5th artefact it was around the purple chest, so it was somewhere on the 2nd level but not sure where.

anyway 5 is still extreme I think.
I got a felow member who started the game again after 3 years of absence, so she could really use it, but she had none (also went to the top)

FieryArien

Necromancer
Wow, I got all 9 artifacts in my beta city. Yes, I considered that lucky, but didn’t know how lucky until I read this thread. The possible range is spread too wide, there’ll be a lot of people incredibly disappointed. :-(

Deleted User - 341074

Wow, I got all 9 artifacts in my beta city. Yes, I considered that lucky, but didn’t know how lucky until I read this thread. The possible range is spread too wide, there’ll be a lot of people incredibly disappointed. :-(
4 for me =(

CrazyWizard

Shaman
That's like winning the lottery.

I ended up with 5 total on Beta. I was moderately disappointed, but couldn't complain too much as many people only got 2 or 3 the whole 6 weeks.

It's a combination of small odds and a limited sample size, with 6 weeks you get only a few throws to get them or don't get them.
usually you get many chances to even out the odds.

Deleted User - 1655881

I’m really pleased with my Spire at the moment... especially with the final rewards; I got awesome instants and a generous amount of Combining Catalysts, and wasn’t displeased with what I gained on my way to the top either! I’m not sure what chapter I’m at in the game now ( VII I think...), but the Spire is a big part of why I keep my resources well topped up, and boost my troops production whenever I can. I enjoy completing the course and getting those helpful rewards every week x

Laurelin

Sorcerer
IT's not related Laurelin, you still have the portal profits.
for the blue chest:
  • 10% manaplant is changed to 10% supply windfall (20%)
  • 10% gum tree is changed to 10% coin rain (20%)
Coin rains and supply windfalls have always been a part of the rewards I do not see any PP be changed to either of them.
Thanks for this, @CrazyWizard - although I think I could/should have phrased my original post more clearly; my bad. Let me try again!

I know that the Moonstone Set buildings which normally appear as rewards in non-standard Chests (Boss, Mini-Boss, and Mystery Chests) have been temporarily removed, and I also know that all [usual] Portal Profits have been replaced with Coin/Supply Instants for pre-Guest Race players only.

I've been recording my Spire statistics and rewards for around six months, so I'm also aware that Coin/Supply Instants have always been a possible reward, for all players, in standard Encounter Chests (i.e. non-Boss, non-Mini-Boss, non-Mystery Chests). In fact, I win so many of these Instants, and so few of the alternatives, especially Spell Fragments (no, really!) that I invariably run out of Spire-won Spell Fragments each week despite having completed two Stages per Spire every week for 9-10 months now, plus the odd Stage 3, and in order to have enough Fragments for (selective and non-continuous) Crafting I rely instead on Disenchanting Event prizes, Spells, and of course the many Coin/Supply Instants I win in the Spire.

Indeed, the fact that I win an unusually high proportion of the [usual and unchanged] 15% Coin/Supply Instants from standard Spire Encounters is probably colouring my view of the addition to non-standard [Mini-Boss and Blue Mystery] Chests of even more chances to win Coin and Supply Instants than already exist via standard Encounter Chests for players like myself who are already in the Guest Races (Ch.VIII, approaching Ch. IX).

I know that Portal Profits have not been removed for Guest Race players - as can, in fact, be seen in the Blue Mystery Chest screenshot which I myself posted, above - but I am surprised (in fact, quite disappointed) that the substitute offered to Guest Race players instead of Moonstone Set buildings would be nothing more interesting or, in my case, more than slightly useful than more Coin and Supply Instants. A higher % chance to win the temporarily added Phoenix Artifacts (instead of any substitute for the Moonstone Set pieces) would have been very much more welcome, to me.

I know that some heavily Combat-focused players actually welcome Supply Instants, and that some heavily Spire-focused players also welcome Coin Instants (albeit to a lesser extent than Supply Instants), but they are very much a 'consolation prize', at best, for players like myself, who are neither particularly focused on the game's competitive elements (including the Spire itself) nor in any hurry to complete the Chapters, and who therefore do not need large volumes of either Supplies for intensive Troop-building nor Coins for intensive Spire completion or fast Chapter progression.

The Moonstone Library Set, for all its faults (and they are presently many), is still meant to be one of the top Spire prizes - and thus one which, in my opinion, is not adequately substituted by such a commonplace and, at least for me, rather redundant alternative as Coin/Supply Instants. And this is why I asked, above, whether anyone knows if the replacement of the Spire Set pieces [not Portal Profits] by Coin/Supply Instants for Guest Race-level players is intentional, or is perhaps a mistake which has occurred due to the simultaneous replacement of Portal Profits, for pre-Guest Race players, with similar Coin/Supply Instants. If intentional, I can only say that these Instants are, for me, rather disappointing Moonstone Set piece alternatives.

Pauly7

Magus
And this is why I asked, above, whether anyone knows if the replacement of the Spire Set pieces [not Portal Profits] by Coin/Supply Instants for Guest Race-level players is intentional, or is perhaps a mistake which has occurred due to the simultaneous replacement of Portal Profits, for pre-Guest Race players, with similar Coin/Supply Instants. If intentional, I can only say that these Instants are, for me, rather disappointing Moonstone Set piece alternatives.
I'm thinking that it is intentional, though it certainly does feel underwhelming when you get a blue chest now, because there isn't even any chance of an artefact in one. A blue chest seems like an inferior prize to most of the regular chests now.

Personally, though, I will happily take all the supplies and coins instants I can get and would much prefer them over PPs or spell fragments... I'm in that other category you talked about. :)