• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Spell Fragments

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Did you know what to do with Spell Fragments and how to get hold of them?

Once you have reached chapter 3 in your Research, you can find Spell Fragments in the Spire of Eternity. When you reach that point, you will see that the amount of Spell Fragments in your inventory increases steadily if you visit the Spire regularly.

If you have not reached chapter 3 yet, you will need to disenchant items. Open your inventory, and you are in the Enchantment tab. In each tab, you find a green button with 'Disenchant' written on it at the bottom. Click on the 'Disenchant' button; no worries, nothing wrong will happen. Only the display in that tab changes slightly. Each item now has a banner showing the number of Spell Fragments you will receive if you click on it. The button on the bottom left corner changes color to red and reads now 'Back.' Use this bottom when you want to stop disenchanting items or when you have changed your mind and do not want to disenchant anything.

On the left bottom corner is now a note with what Bonus you disenchant items and an 'i' which shows you how the bonus increases according to the level of your Magic Academy. Below the Bonus is a green button with 'Crafting' written on it that prompts you to the crafting section of your Magic Academy.
In the middle of that bottom line is the counter of the Spell Fragments you own and the page.

You can move to the other tabs (Instants and Summonings) without exiting the Disenchant function. Select an item and click on the green banner with the Spell Fragments it will give to you. Enchantments will be disenchanted immediately; buildings in the tab 'Summonings and Artifacts in the tab 'Instants' will come up with a window if you want to continue with the process or abort it.

Select the item for disenchanting wisely. Once they are gone, you will need the help of our Support to get them back.

rock stream

Scholar
Once you have reached chapter 3 in your Research, you can find Spell Fragments in the Spire of Eternity. When you have reached that point, you will see that the amount of Spell Fragments in your inventory is increasing steadily, if you visit the Spire regularely.
That use to be true months ago. I've been out of spell fragments for crafting as I finish the first level of the spire.
I've been blowing up building inventory to be able to craft or I just sit and wait for another spire.

Deleted User - 341074

That use to be true months ago. I've been out of spell fragments for crafting as I finish the first level of the spire.
I've been blowing up building inventory to be able to craft or I just sit and wait for another spire.
I find that any city with fewer than 4 library sets doesn't make enough CCs or SF to be sustainable despite clearing the spire every week.

Pauly7

Magus
I find that any city with fewer than 4 library sets doesn't make enough CCs or SF to be sustainable despite clearing the spire every week.
Au contraire. This all depends on your crafting habits. The important thing is to find a sustainable amount to craft within current resources. In my main city I've only ever had one library set and I don't ever find myself running out of CCs, and the spell fragment total just keeps going up (I think I have half a million.)

That makes it sound like I'm missing out on stuff, but I really don't think I am. I craft every combat building and pet food, about (I would say) 80% of the time boosters (sometimes I ignore the 1 hour and 2 hour ones if I feel CC stocks are getting low). I now craft almost all of the supplies instants that I see. I craft most of the KP recipes, although sometimes I ignore the 20KP ones just to conserve CCs.

I started this FA with 130 CCs in stock, without having particularly concentrated on saving them up.

Far Reach

Conjurer

Au contraire. This all depends on your crafting habits. The important thing is to find a sustainable amount to craft within current resources.

My experience is more similar to Pauly's in that I manage fine with (in my case) no library sets. It is worth noting though that what different people get from the Spire and Magic Academy production varies a lot. I estimated my production of crafting supplies over recent months, and these figures are given below:

Reaching the top of the Spire each week provides an average of about 12 CCs and 15000 SFs in individual rewards.
Reaching the top of the Spire provides an additional 22CCs in FW rewards (since I'm in a Gold Medal Fellowship)
I have my (fully upgraded) MA churning out CCs constantly, providing an additional 28 CCs a week.

The weekly aggregate production is about 62 CCs, 15000 SFs and a ratio of about 250 SFs to 1 CC (which is a good balance). That is fine for my current needs (primarily expiring military booster buildings, pet food, most time boosters and occasional instants).

If I and/or my fellowship were not getting (close to) max Spire rewards, then the CC numbers would go down significantly, and library sets would be worth considering. The same also applies to those players prioritising different spells in their MAs. Not having a fully upgraded MA would also reduce the CC production above appreciably.

I do see players who have the same Spire rewards as I do, (and with fully upgraded MAs too) who still choose to place LOTS of Library Sets. I assume that this is because they are opting to spend diamonds to flip the crafting choices to a significant extent. (This can help substantially both with the FA, and also the tournament via the availability of extra military boosters etc.)

Last edited:

Deleted User - 341074

The important thing is to find a sustainable amount to craft within current resources.
Well yeah, obviously there is a sustainable level of crafting for any amount of resources, even zero. :p
What I meant was for my crafting which includes everything except relics, mana sawmills, and pure culture buildings.
I have my (fully upgraded) MA churning out CCs constantly, providing an additional 28 CCs a week.
4 spires replace this exactly which allows me to use my MA for better other things like MMs to supplement the few we get from tournaments and even IMs which for me are worth 7-8KP each.
Deja-vu, or have we had this conversation already?

Gargon667

Mentor
I do see players who have the same Spire rewards as I do, (and with fully upgraded MAs too) who still choose to place LOTS of Library Sets. I assume that this is because they are opting to spend diamonds to flip the crafting choices to a significant extent. (This can help substantially both with the FA, and also the tournament via the availability of extra military boosters etc.)

That exactly :) I think I craft more or less the same items as you do, only a lot more of them.

And we go for FAs. An extra 50-100 Vision Vapour badges helps ;)