• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question 2nd Fire Phoenix

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Any chance Inno can allow us to have a second Fire Phoenix in the Magic Academy? All this by the incoming phoenix artifacts in the next patch for the Spire.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Maybe they can give it(and 9 artifacts) as a prize each week for getting 19 tournament chests?
Poor guy, get over it buddy.
No need to be spamming with an already closed topic that nothing has to do with my specific question, get back to win your 14 chests and stay there :D ;)

Gargon667

Mentor
Any chance Inno can allow us to have a second Fire Phoenix in the Magic Academy? All this by the incoming phoenix artifacts in the next patch for the Spire.

Nope, that would be about the most unlikely (and dumbest) thing I can imagine lol

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Nope, that would be about the most unlikely (and dumbest) thing I can imagine lol

Poor explanation without a single argument (just a personal opinion ) since in the game there are lot of players with 2, or even 3 brown bears (A building even more Imba than a fire phoenix) so by logic devs should either give the possibility to have a second fire phoenix or nerf brown bears (thing that should have been done first before making these absurd changes in the new tourney, that of course you defend but none, or too few do)

Last edited:

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
@Herodite I just want to make notice of whom and what kind of language some persons are using here in my post, this for you can either edit it or try not to close my post after I respond them in the same level they respond me, I´m trying to be the most polite I can be ignoring their provocations.
Is there anyway I can block and make a person in the forum don´t see my posts or comments?

Deleted User - 341074

Poor guy, get over it buddy.
Pfffft that was funny and you know it.

On a serious note as to why this is a horrible idea: The phoenix is massively overpowered and has caused significant balance issues.
Should the developers base prizes and challenges based on players having 50% damage boost or not? How about 100% as you suggest? What about anyone who started playing the week between artifact offers?

There is a major problem and you are asking for it to be increased.
The whole point of having a base and artifacts available for the phoenix is to bring more players up to the same level at ONE each, not make the problem worse.
Yeah, there are a few players with multiple birds, and for the tiny minority of players whom this affects that is an issue. The solution can't possibly be to expand the imbalance to include more players.

I just want to make notice of whom and what kind of language some persons are using here in my post
What is it you are objecting to? @Gargon667 saying that the idea is dumb?
Sorry, but I agree, it's really dumb.

Some players have a bird and some don't. This creates a balancing problem. You are asking for players to have 2 birds while some don't. This would make the problem worse. Ergo the idea is very clearly a step in the wrong direction.

So, if not "dumb" how would YOU describe an idea that makes a problem worse instead of better?

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Pfffft that was funny and you know it.
I don´t have a clue of what are you talking about, and I let you know buddy, my post was serious, putting an absurd and out of place topic to make yourself a clown is an offense for the people you´re responding, no need for that. Even more of this when you get offended even more easily, and this is not by someone offending or something but for someone who don´t agree with your arguments.

On a serious note as to why this is a horrible idea: The phoenix is massively overpowered and has caused significant balance issues.
Should the developers base prizes and challenges based on players having 50% damage boost or not? How about 100% as you suggest? What about anyone who started playing the week between artifact offers?

There is a major problem and you are asking for it to be increased.
The whole point of having a base and artifacts available for the phoenix is to bring more players up to the same level at ONE each, not make the problem worse.
Yeah, there are a few players with multiple birds, and for the tiny minority of players whom this affects that is an issue. The solution can't possibly be to expand the imbalance to include more players.

First, is just a question not even a suggestion, second, you´re not a developer, not even the C. Managers are, and third devs haven´t had a problem in the past and present to implement imbalanced situations (brown bears, crystal light lighthouse, mist walker, this new tourney, and some others I skip) so would be cool someone could get a second Fire phoenix the same as many players have multiple brown bears ( I have just played this game by a year, so I just got a 6th level brown bear) and many don´t.

Yes it would create balance issues, but these balance issues exist right now, and I bet you that devs would create even more in the future, so why not put another imbalanced fire bird if their game is not based in balance at the end?

"Should the developers base prizes and challenges based on players having 50% damage boost or not? How about 100% as you suggest?"

Tournament right now is not based in those aspects, and I bet you it won´t matter that much cause right now players having multiple brown bears do even less of what they used to do (in my case just playing manual and being a constant player I do more than players that have 2 o more brown bears).
Another thing you´re not considering is that pet food is limited, a second chicken would be stopped many times for that.

"What about anyone who started playing the week between artifact offers?"
I started playing right after the first event where bears (brown bear, panda, and polar ) were given I never had the possibility that many players had having a fully evolved brown bear or even 2 or 3, and I use to do better than most then them with just dedication in the game.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
What is it you are objecting to? @Gargon667 saying that the idea is dumb?
Some players have a bird and some don't. This creates a balancing problem. You are asking for players to have 2 birds while some don't. This would make the problem worse. Ergo the idea is very clearly a step in the wrong direction.
The exactly parallelism could be use to: Some players have multiple brown bears, this IS a balancing problem, I´m asking you could also see that you ( the ones that had the possibility to have multiple bears and now don´t want middle gamers or begginers to have multiple phoenix) are being benefited by a balancing issue.

Deleted User - 341074

First, is just a question not even a suggestion
Maybe it's an ESL issue again, but commonly in English when someone asks a question in such a way it is very much implied that it is actually a request.
E.G. "Hey bartender, any chance of getting another round over here?"
second, you´re not a developer, not even the C. Managers are
But I listen & even interact with them during Live Q&As and C.managers talk to them even more frequently.
third devs haven´t had a problem in the past and present to implement imbalanced situations
Wrong. They do in fact have a problem introducing imbalance issues. It's called making mistakes.
Yes it would create balance issues, but these balance issues exist right now, and I bet you that devs would create even more in the future, so why not put another imbalanced fire bird if their game is not based in balance at the end?
What? "The game has problems, so why not make it worse?" Really?
Tournament right now is not based in those aspects,
Despite what you may think, the game does not revolve entirely around the tournament. The imbalance of overpowered pet is a major issue and is absolutely the driving force behind balancing decisions. Why do you think they opened up all 3 building queues? This was obviously an indirect nerf to the brown bear.
Another thing you´re not considering is that pet food is limited, a second chicken would be stopped many times for that.
Minimal impact. Anyone with a timewarp wonder can overcome this very easily and even early players can craft enough to at least use the second bird for a couple of rounds each week.
Some players have multiple brown bears, this IS a balancing problem,
Exactly, so why make it worse?
I´m asking you could also see that you ( the ones that had the possibility to have multiple bears and now don´t want middle gamers or begginers to have multiple phoenix) are being benefited by a balancing issue.
Completely wrong assumptions mate. I have exactly zero Brown bears. (and one bird)

Gargon667

Mentor
Poor explanation without a single argument (just a personal opinion ) since in the game there are lot of players with 2, or even 3 brown bears (A building even more Imba than a fire phoenix) so by logic devs should either give the possibility to have a second fire phoenix or nerf brown bears (thing that should have been done first before making these absurd changes in the new tourney, that of course you defend but none, or too few do)

Lol you can look up the arguments in other posts it gets tiresome to over and over say the same thing.

But I do agree with you: multiple brown bears is the dumbest thing Inno has ever done (it would only be the second dumbest thing if they implemented your suggestion). I personally would be more than happpy to get my second brown bear deleted if they deleted all multiple pets! I have been saying that since the moment I saw I can get multiples without much effort lol.

Firebirds and brown bears are among the main reasons why tourneys needed to be nerfed in the first place, because of these 2 buildings (and of course other things as well) the old tourneys had become so ridiculously easy that they needed to be made more difficult. If you now added more firebirds and brown bears the new tourneys would have to be nerfed again.

I absolutely don´t understand your logics of acknowledging a problem and then asking for making the problem bigger? What sense does that make to you?

DeletedUser10688

Firebirds and brown bears are among the main reasons why tourneys needed to be nerfed in the first place, because of these 2 buildings (and of course other things as well) the old tourneys had become so ridiculously easy that they needed to be made more difficult. If you now added more firebirds and brown bears the new tourneys would have to be nerfed again.

I completely agree... Ideally, each player should have only one copy of evolving building and ofc opportunity to evolve them. Players come and go... Otherwise this game can become uplayable if those exceptionally rare opportunities to win/get evolves are missed. If phoenix evolves will be offered for few weeks in the spire, this will not solve these issues. I would be keen to see rather different offering than random luck in the spire for a limited time.

Gargon667

Mentor
I completely agree... Ideally, each player should have only one copy of evolving building and ofc opportunity to evolve them. Players come and go... Otherwise this game can become uplayable if those exceptionally rare opportunities to win/get evolves are missed. If phoenix evolves will be offered for few weeks in the spire, this will not solve these issues. I would be keen to see rather different offering than random luck in the spire for a limited time.

It could solve the issue if it is a recurring thing, like let´s say 4 weeks 4 times a year, that way everybody can get the artifacts and slowly evolve their firebird crafted in the MA, it does have the advantage of being independent of the phoenix events, which may not be around forever...
For people with a Firebird already evolved it of course rather useless (unless they want the other birds evolved as well) which is why the number of weeks per year has to be limited.

DeletedUser10688

It could solve the issue if it is a recurring thing, like let´s say 4 weeks 4 times a year, that way everybody can get the artifacts and slowly evolve their firebird crafted in the MA, it does have the advantage of being independent of the phoenix events, which may not be around forever...
For people with a Firebird already evolved it of course rather useless (unless they want the other birds evolved as well) which is why the number of weeks per year has to be limited.

I would leave the spire as it is now, but I would modify moonstone set to give random (or +1) goods instead of current fixed offering.
Then... Every player could have only one copy of evolving building per city, with opportunity to craft and evolve for those who don't have. Every evolve could be disenchanted into 3 units of evolve fragments and if player wants to evolve crafted/unfinished evolving building they could use 5 evolve fragments instead of specific evolve (in a similar way biuldings could be upgraded now using RRs). MA could offer the opportunity to craft evolve fragments using spell fragments (currently oversupply) - new recipes replacing PP crafting recipes - which could be removed from MA completely. Other recipes in MA could be introduced - few new expiring buildings aiding the game. For advanced players who have all bases (whether they choose to evolve them or not - up to them) expiring buildings could be an option to craft instead of bases of evolving buildings. AWs could be left out of any calculations affecting spire, tournaments as they are now, only their benefits could count. Then this game would become truly strategic, where players can choose their preferred gaming style and change it if they wish to do so.
That is how I would imagine improvements to this game with some minor changes to the current features :) I would support balanced approach instead of making some features more difficult or things unattainable for cities of certain design (including new players who probably never will have a chance to get many well performing evolving buildings, including those producing a decent amount of goods).

p.s. maybe I overlooked something, but this is only a generalised idea how game could be made more balanced for every level player.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
But I listen & even interact with them during Live Q&As and C.managers talk to them even more frequently.

Oh God! Hey Houston calling to Soggy, you´re not a developer anyway, you still a player, I also check constantly their lives in facebook and beta/USA forum and that does not make me an expert and make me have the final word of what I´m talking. In fact a C. Manager have more to say than you, and for start I was only refering to them when I make this post (maybe by chance a dev too, who knows).

Wrong. They do in fact have a problem introducing imbalance issues. It's called making mistakes.

What? "The game has problems, so why not make it worse?" Really?

They don´t have any problem making this worst (putting 4 star enemies vs a XV-XVII chapter player that wont have 4 star units until the XVIII chapter in an already imba and problematic new tournament shows it in a very clear manner), and if their pockets could be fill faster, surely they would make it possible for the players have a second fire bird, since they would spend a lot more diamonds in the spire (this would be logical now that there are rumors of a 4th level of the spire).

Despite what you may think, the game does not revolve entirely around the tournament. The imbalance of overpowered pet is a major issue and is absolutely the driving force behind balancing decisions. Why do you think they opened up all 3 building queues? This was obviously an indirect nerf to the brown bear.

Agree

Minimal impact. Anyone with a timewarp wonder can overcome this very easily and even early players can craft enough to at least use the second bird for a couple of rounds each week.

Not at all, pet food is a damn hard resource to get, even using diamonds for crafting purposes they are always limited... For a second just imagine what a top tourney player would have in its city: 2-3 brown bears, possibly 1 polar bear, 1 phoenix and there could be more than that vs a 3-5 pet foods per week. Even using a vortex+polar bear won´t be enough to cover their demand with a second fire phoenix or at least it would cost them a little more.

And beyond that, for those players having a high leveled vortex, that in its majority are end gamers, not all this time those end gamers have been asking to Inno for a compensation of a new system that is punishing them for their high development, well this new fire bird could fix lot of that.

Exactly, so why make it worse?

Once again, InnoGames really care very less in fixing balancing problems. This 2nd bird with some luck, in my personal case, would give me some sort of equality for those playing with several brown bears.
Plus all this, this second fire phoenix won´t matter that much when tournaments are focused in Mages and LR, CAUSE MMM and ELR. A second fire bird would affect many and make this game more imba, YES... But is not that this game would die for it, Inno has made worst things to make it happen and we still playing this game ain´t ?

Completely wrong assumptions mate. I have exactly zero Brown bears. (and one bird)

I didn´t know that, I can´t see your city, I´m in EN1.

BTW, why your portrait has a golden circular border and a little heart in ElvenStats?

Deleted User - 341074

Once again, InnoGames really care very less in fixing balancing problems.
That's still not the point. Even if inno sucks at balancing (which we agree that they do) I don't want it to be worse.
Not at all, pet food is a damn hard resource to get
Isn't it a 4/13 chance that you get 4x per day? That's almost 7 per week.
For a second just imagine what a top tourney player would have in its city: 2-3 brown bears, possibly 1 polar bear, 1 phoenix and there could be more than that........ This 2nd bird with some luck, in my personal case, would give me some sort of equality for those playing with several brown bears.
I think this is where we differ most. I could not possibly care less about the handful of players who have 3 bears.
If the goal is for you, a top 5% player, to more easily compete with the top 1% but it means making the game worse for most of the other players you will never have my support.
BTW, why your portrait has a golden circular border and a little heart in ElvenStats?
I'm the original beta tester for Elvenstats.
There's a demo video on the main page-- That's me.

Other people have hearts&borders too, which means they donated money to ES.