• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Moonstone Library Scrolls

TTOWN58

Novice
With the introduction of the Moonstone library we are are seeing a reduction in players needing scrolls. For those of us who have scrolls as our boosted goods it has become difficult to find and trades for crystal or silk. Is there plans on addressing this in the game and how have others dealt with the issue of finding traders for scrolls?

QFol2

Conjurer
I wondered if it would be possible for the library to start rotating the goods it produces - one week per good.

kimkimkim

Summoner
I am a scrolls boosted player in 2 different cities......each of my cities has 4 sets of moonstone libraries, yeah may be overkill but they also provide me with other useful things (pop, culture, CC's, mana, gum, seeds, T3 goods and of course scrolls), no scrolls factories built which saves me space, pop and culture as well.......I am more than happy to give away my scrolls to those that need and if I need crystal or silk, I will place an irresistible 3 star trade that gets taken rather quickly.

Deleted User - 341074

Is there plans on addressing this
This week in Beta they removed the library set and replaced the pieces with Phoenix artifacts fo the next 5 weeks too.
they haven't decided what to do after that, and it doesn't address the existing sets.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Yes there is and has had mention on quite a number of threads over the last year on this subject here.
The recent interview shared on this Forum, confirms that the Spire of Eternity will be having changes for 2021: https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/recent-interview-with-lukas-project-manager.13553/

This would not solve the issue, at least not in any acceptable term.
It will take years for those that already exist to phase out of the game.

This makes this a "fake" solution.
As long as the "old" buildings exist and keep producing scrolls this will be no solution. what is needed is a mayor modification the library set itself so that not all productions are scrolls.

Just change the visuals, description and production to bonus+1 of the set and it will be solved. this negates any "continuity issue" storywise.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
This would not solve the issue, at least not in any acceptable term.
It will take years for those that already exist to phase out of the game.

This makes this a "fake" solution.
As long as the "old" buildings exist and keep producing scrolls this will be no solution. what is needed is a mayor modification the library set itself so that not all productions are scrolls.

Just change the visuals, description and production to bonus+1 of the set and it will be solved. this negates any "continuity issue" storywise.

NO!!! Just.... no....

Leave the Moonstone set alone :D Its perfect as it is. No more sets, okay, fine, but the ones that exist should stay the same :p

CrazyWizard

Shaman
NO!!! Just.... no....

Leave the Moonstone set alone :D Its perfect as it is. No more sets, okay, fine, but the ones that exist should stay the same :p
Easy to say as a person who is not scroll boosted on his accounts.
For a lot of scroll boosted players the game is literally unplayable. thats not a good situation.

Imagine a new player comming into the game, gets scrolls as boosted and no one wants his goods? how long will that player play?
I did quit my secondary account for the same reason, it was just no fun at all to play. contant begging others for goods.

Many players today are in that situation.

Pauly7

Magus
Imagine a new player comming into the game, gets scrolls as boosted and no one wants his goods? how long will that player play?
I started two new cities in the last 6 months and luckily I have avoided both scrolls and tree gum in both of them. Had it not been the case I would've just deleted the city and started again. A new player would have no idea of the problem they are letting themselves in for though.

Anyway, the point is moot as the devs are going to deal with the scrolls problem... just a couple of years late.

Gargon667

Mentor
Anyway, the point is moot as the devs are going to deal with the scrolls problem... just a couple of years late.

Are they really? So far all I´ve heard is that the set is out of circulation for 6 weeks? Might be back to same old after that for all I know...

Pauly7

Magus
Are they really? So far all I´ve heard is that the set is out of circulation for 6 weeks? Might be back to same old after that for all I know...
Possibly, but a few weeks back we saw some details from an Inno meeting where the devs said they were aware of the issue and they were dealing with it.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Possibly, but a few weeks back we saw some details from an Inno meeting where the devs said they were aware of the issue and they were dealing with it.

Unless a statement they made 8? months ago is going to change, they will not really deal with it.
As far as I know they are not willing "fix" the set itself.
They see the issue, but as long as they are unwilling to "fix" the set itself there will be no solution in any reasonable turn.

They acknowledged the issue around a long time ago and look how long it takes before they start implementing "something"
In the meantime the issue only worsened, and as long as the old stuff ain't adressed we will not see a real solution to the issue.

At best it won't get worse.
I would be very suprised if the changed there stance and actually are preparing a real solution to the issue.

fingers crossed that those in power got hit bij a slashhammer and gained some sense therefore make my statement wrong, that would be awesome.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I started two new cities in the last 6 months and luckily I have avoided both scrolls and tree gum in both of them. Had it not been the case I would've just deleted the city and started again. A new player would have no idea of the problem they are letting themselves in for though.

the issue is that those accounts get deleted soon, as a result those spots are open en new players get that "scroll" spot.

See the issue? the more scroll players quit, the more open scroll spots there are the more players are assigned scrolls on there new account lol

Pauly7

Magus
Unless a statement they made 8? months ago is going to change, they will not really deal with it.
As far as I know they are not willing "fix" the set itself.
They see the issue, but as long as they are unwilling to "fix" the set itself there will be no solution in any reasonable turn.
More recently than that they have said they are dealing with it and that the "fix" is on the way. Right now I'm going to (perhaps optimistically) believe the upcoming alteration in the Spire is the first step towards this - trying not to tread too far into spoiler territory here.

So what will hopefully happen is that they will release a new set that replaces the Spire set. One that doesn't always give out Scrolls. As you say, this may only serve to stop the problem getting even worse. What they need to do to move towards fixing it is to make the new set better than the old one. That way people will eventually delete their old sets. This last part is the most optimistic bit of all though, because it would go against Inno's very ethos to release something that improves on something older, but that's the only choice - unless they want to go down the route of nerfing the existing Library Sets at the same time... and that wouldn't go down well.

Far Reach

Conjurer
I agree that preventing players from acquiring new buildings from the Moonstone set (beyond those already placed, or in storage) will gradually reduce the issue in the longer term. (New players won't have them, and older players may choose to replace rather than upgrade them when gaining chapters).

I can think of two plausible ways of addressing the problem in the shorter term:

(1) Adjust the goods required in Tournaments and/or the Spire so that Scrolls appear slightly more often than other Tier 2 goods, or the number of them asked for is higher. My guess is that this would be a small code change, but would probablyrequire monitoring and rebalancing over time. (The devs should have all of the data on game trading and so would be well placed to estimate the true relative value of T2 goods.)

(2) Sensitively nerfing some aspect of the Moonstone set. I think that it would be unfair to change the goods production (since players may have built the set in place of manufactories), but perhaps a case could be made for replacing or removing the production of crafting goods (Combining Catalysts and Scroll Fragments). Another building producing them could possibly be introduced around the same time.

Pauly7

Magus
(1) Adjust the goods required in Tournaments and/or the Spire so that Scrolls appear slightly more often than other Tier 2 goods, or the number of them asked for is higher.
You're opening up a can of worms there. What happens to the people that have only built one Library Set, or have none at all?
(2) Sensitively nerfing some aspect of the Moonstone set.
You know that "sensitive nerfing" is going to be an even bigger can of worms!

Far Reach

Conjurer
You're opening up a can of worms there. What happens to the people that have only built one Library Set, or have none at all?

I don't have any Library Sets, but would be happy with this change.

The aim would be to use up slightly more scrolls (than other tier 2 goods). I doubt that most players would notice, let alone feel disadvantaged. (As an example, the old tournaments used up the same number of T1, T2 and T3 goods, but the new tournaments require quantities in the ratio of 4:3:2. My impression is that most are blithely carrying on as before, without even rebalancing their manufactories. I'd expect the scrolls adjustment to be substantially smaller than this.]

You know that "sensitive nerfing" is going to be an even bigger can of worms!

I was floating the suggestion here to see how people would react. The current situation is (I would claim) an unfair one. Would folks accept the suggestion I made as fairer ?

Pauly7

Magus
I was floating the suggestion here to see how people would react. The current situation is (I would claim) an unfair one. Would folks accept the suggestion I made as fairer ?
But the only nerf that would help is if they took the scrolls away.

The simple answer is just to make keep the exact same set, but change it to boost +1 T2. They could retrospectively change any existing buildings too, probably without much complaint. Somehow I don't think they will go for simple, or they would have done it long ago.

Why they couldn't foresee this issue, I'll never know. Why they didn't limit it to one set each is also a mystery.