• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Let's change the Neighbors Help Reward System

Toursy

Alchemist
Hello,

I'm everyday trying to get the most from my lighthouse AW and the food I give to my bear, so I started to look into the chances to get a chest as reward after helping fellows or neighbors, then I found out you get only 3 per day...

What I think would be a major improvement for the system is to remove the 3 chests limit and change it by a 10% chance to get a chest as a reward -with no limit-, and 20% if you're helping back someone.
This rewards you a lot more for helping as many people as possible, because the current situation is more like (excluding fellows) not many people help neighbors... This also could upgrade the interests of AW and some other special building.

What do you think about it? Isn't a better to create much more interactions between players?

Lelanya

Mentor
We used to get a percentage of goods from every visit from Crystal Lighthouse Great Bell Spire. I have a fellow who visited every city on his map, literally hundreds of players, every day. He made a couple thousand goods a day in this fashion.
When Inno released the mobile app they changed this, first to 10 opportunities, then down to 3 chests because the chance that this could be abused increased exponentially.
How will your system prevent abuse?

Toursy

Alchemist
Thank you for your reply. The chances are up to 10% to get a chest for each time you help your neighbor, reward stay the same as they are now.
If necessary, to balance the bonus of the Iight house we can imagine to get ressources only for some chests ( like first 3) and get the number higher everytime you upgrade your AW.
You can't cumulate the chance to get a chest (means it won't be 10% and +1o% if you haven't got a chest at the previous try ), so I don't know what kind of abuse are We talking about exactly?

DeletedUser3571

I think she is talking about how some people have over 300 neighbours they could help and if its 10% chance then that would average out at 30 chests a day. That would be a truly massive boost to the wonder

valle

Soothsayer
Maybe decrease the chance for every chest found.
So first chest say X%, next 0.9*X%, next 0,9*0,9*X% and so on.

Timneh

Artisan
To be honest i think there is 0% chance of them changing the reward system. Players here can be very inventive and some always seem to be able to exploit things. Thats not a bad thing (in my eyes), if they are good enough to find the loophole good on them.

Gargon667

Mentor
They changed it because the lighthouse was too powerful, now it is entirely useless... Somewhere in between would have been a good idea, but that is how Inno usually deals with things that are too powerful... they get destroyed...

Anyway if you want to improve your situation, I recommend you delete the lighthouse. The chances of Inno helping you out here are pretty close to zero...

Pauly7

Magus
We used to get a percentage of goods from every visit from Crystal Lighthouse Great Bell Spire. I have a fellow who visited every city on his map, literally hundreds of players, every day. He made a couple thousand goods a day in this fashion.
Maybe decrease the chance for every chest found.
So first chest say X%, next 0.9*X%, next 0,9*0,9*X% and so on.
When they first nerfed the Bell Spire / Lighthouse, we offered up all sorts of compromises like this. After several weeks and much anger they didn't make any changes and didn't respond to any of the comments... much like right now. That AW went from something that was grossly overpowered to being so weak there is little point in building it.

Pauly7

Magus
Yup Yup I read the writing 3 years ago. I put in a Watchtower Ruins instead. It saves space, still assists with Neighbourly Help and gives culture.
Weirdly, I still had both of these wonders. I wanted to lose one to fight the tournament change and eventually decided to delete the Watchtower Ruins and keep the Bell Spire. My reason was that even without the added base culture and NH culture boost, I was still going to be up on "full sun", so therefore it was better for me to keep the Bell Spire which would ensure my buildings stay polished for more of the time. The Bell Spire will help you to get the culture well beyond 170%, whereas Watchtower only maintains your level, unless you are below max.