• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Spire Costs and Prizes - Do Something About Fragments Please!

DeletedUser8417

I’m probably not the first to post about this, I’ve been on the game for years but never really used the forum.
However, I’ve been compelled to join the forum just so that I can request that the extortionate costs of completing the spire for cities at the higher levels are reduced (both goods and units). Particularly sentient goods.
Not only this, but once you’ve struggled your way through each battle you’re most likely to win a disproportionate amount of fragments - so many that no matter how frequently you craft or how long you play the game, you will never ever ever come close to using them.
I currently have 140,000 fragments vs 2 catalyst spells. I’m at the point where its not even worth playing the spire past the first level because the costs greatly outweigh the prizes. And even playing the first level is barely worth it but I do it to help out my Fellowship. If there were other, more useful, prizes to win it would be great. Or if catalysts and fragments were awarded at a more equal proportion so the fragments could actually be used.
I’d like to end by saying I love this game and all of its features, the spire was a great a addition and I - as well as many other players - would just like to reap the benefits from it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3305

I agree, too many fragments and Portal productions are 2nd on that list, maybe more troop instants, timers or even troop boosters (UUU's, MMM's etc.).

m4rt1n

Adept
Anything but spell fragments, anything...
I'm now close to half a million of the useless things.

Pauly7

Magus
I agree that the spell fragment situation is ridiculous and most people have hundreds of thousands of these lying around. At some point I expect them to create a use for them which will put them in short supply, then we'll all be missing the days when they were plentiful.
I’m at the point where its not even worth playing the spire past the first level because the costs greatly outweigh the prizes.
When people say this I always assume that they are comparing the outlay of resources to the individual prizes the Spire offers on the way up. The number of time boosters, diamonds and CCs a team can pick up at the end of the week always makes playing the Spire worth it.
maybe more troop instants, timers or even troop boosters (UUU's, MMM's etc.).
You want more time boosters? You can pick up hundreds of hours every week from the Spire. UUUs won't appear as Spire prizes because we win Dwarven Armourers from it. Admittedly I wish I could win more of them though.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
With the way things are at the moment, very unlikely for me to fight in the spire. I may also decide to go totally catering in tournaments as well. It would be nice if we can have a building similar to the Dwarven Armorer that if placed will boost your productions by 50% for the same length of time a DA does for boosting troops. DAs are scarce, so highly unlikely that a similar building will lead to farming. At the moment the Spire, and even the MA to some extent, leans more towards rewards to help with battling.

I also want to bring up that portal profits are totally useless outside the guest race chapters. Something else more appropriate should be in their place for chapters 3 to 5.

DeletedUser8417

When people say this I always assume that they are comparing the outlay of resources to the individual prizes the Spire offers on the way up. The number of time boosters, diamonds and CCs a team can pick up at the end of the week always makes playing the Spire worth it.

If there was a way to purchase the common level 1 spire rewards (500 fragments, 5hr booster etc.) for 2000 sentient goods, 30,000 tools, 300,000 coins (what you could spend if you negotiate) I don’t think many people would give that many resources away for those prizes. Not even to reach the end of level 1 to win yet another portal booster. Maybe, if the residences were more common to win it would make sense. But the individual costs of each battle and the overall costs of the levels don’t match up to the potential rewards in my opinion. Not even the rewards won by the team.

Timneh

Artisan
I have said it before but i am going to say it again. I really wish players would not complain about having too much of something because if the devs do listen and do something about it it will probably lead to there not being enough. I remember players saying there was too much petfood in crafting so the devs reduced the amount of recipes and introduced more buildings that needed it making it short supply. I can often go 10 days without a petfood recipe in crafting.

Hekata

Artisan
As @Timneh said: never say we have too much of anything! The devs solution is never to just adjust a bit the numbers, it's to cut them by 2/3 and add something that will require huge amounts of it. Other than the pet food nerf players have also complained of having too many coins and coin/supplies instants (from both the Spire and events). That was reduced a lot but now we need huge amounts of it everywhere. Same with mana: they are asking for more of it while also offering event buildings that give far less mana than before and cutting back the amount of spells for the Dragon Abbey with the new tournaments. Which btw also reduces the coins/supplies production mentioned before.

DeletedUser8417

I have said it before but i am going to say it again. I really wish players would not complain about having too much of something because if the devs do listen and do something about it it will probably lead to there not being enough. I remember players saying there was too much petfood in crafting so the devs reduced the amount of recipes and introduced more buildings that needed it making it short supply. I can often go 10 days without a petfood recipe in crafting.

My request is not for fragments to simply be reduced, I understand something has to give for other prizes to be offered and I’m having to give up the hundreds of thousands of useless fragments. The only reduction I’d like to see is the costs for battles for higher levels, as it’s infeasible for many of my fellowship to even play the spire and support other demands. What I’ve requested is an increase in the other, more valuable prizes. Particularly catalysts, to make use of all of the useless fragments. Hopefully the devs see this as an opportunity to help and improve rather than to hinder and make things harder.

Timneh

Artisan
My request is not for fragments to simply be reduced, I understand something has to give for other prizes to be offered and I’m having to give up the hundreds of thousands of useless fragments. The only reduction I’d like to see is the costs for battles for higher levels, as it’s infeasible for many of my fellowship to even play the spire and support other demands. What I’ve requested is an increase in the other, more valuable prizes. Particularly catalysts, to make use of all of the useless fragments. Hopefully the devs see this as an opportunity to help and improve rather than to hinder and make things harder.

I understand what you are saying and i agree with you but i also worry that the devs will not simply exchange some fragments for other things but will reduce the amount available so much that we will not have enough and then introduce something else that needs them.
When players ask for something to be changed the devs seem to always do it in a totally different way to what was asked for and make things worse than they were and then say it was in response to players feedback.

Pauly7

Magus
We should probably still try to change the things we'd like to change, but @Timneh is right also. If Inno grants a wish it's often like the Devil in Bedazzled.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I can imagine that the devs would be willing to reduce the amount of fragments we get. After all, the scarcity of those convinced me to upgrade my MA.

However, given the current direction of Elvenar, I cannot imagine that we would get more useful things.

Gargon667

Mentor
The spire is not meant to hand out 100% awesome rewards in every chest. There is supposed to be good and bad things in there, so if they take away the Spell fragments, they will put rune shards in instead or something similarly useless. you will never get an armorer put in instead of spell fragments.

What I have asked for instead before is some alternative use for spell fragments, something fun (but not powerful), because otherwise it would be a DA in disguise, which will not happen.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
My stock of spell fragments is currently dropping for a while.
Just keep crafting.

I still got a decent amount left (128K) but it was a lot higher a while back. I think more in the range of 168K
Since the change to the crafting recipe distribution I have always something to craft each round and sometimes 2-3 things in a single round.

The spire can't keep up atm with giving out enough spell fragments

Pauly7

Magus
My stock of spell fragments is currently dropping for a while.
Just keep crafting.
How do you make it drop? I'm guessing maybe you have enough Spire Libraries so you can craft everything you see. My fragments have been north of 300k for a while.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
No spire libraries. We I do own quite a lot of them but they are perfectly stashed in my inventory on my main account.

I have a MA running catalists almost 24/7 and also the spire gives out a bunch of them each week.
I craft every petfood, every combat building, "large" timebooster, and any time booster anyway if there is no perfood or combat building aviable.

That 4 times a day is apparently enough to make it drop slightly.

I would live another 5 libraries on little CW, there I now craft anything that returns 3 of more vv per catalist. with more libraries I could also craft some worse ones.
But on that account spell fragments rise, since those libraries and parts also grant more spell fragments.

Gargon667

Mentor
No spire libraries. We I do own quite a lot of them but they are perfectly stashed in my inventory on my main account.

I have a MA running catalists almost 24/7 and also the spire gives out a bunch of them each week.
I craft every petfood, every combat building, "large" timebooster, and any time booster anyway if there is no perfood or combat building aviable.

That 4 times a day is apparently enough to make it drop slightly.

I would live another 5 libraries on little CW, there I now craft anything that returns 3 of more vv per catalist. with more libraries I could also craft some worse ones.
But on that account spell fragments rise, since those libraries and parts also grant more spell fragments.

Interesting, you are the second person that mentions it... unfortunately this is one of the resources I have absolutely no idea how much I have, because it is in the category "have more than I could ever use until the end of the game" together with rune shards, relics and enchantments, so i never look how many I actually have... But I just looked: I have 387k now, If the thread is still going in a week or 2 I will check again :)
Crafting seems to be my main production these days besides troops of course. I have 7 Spire libraries making acatalysts atm and probably going to place at least one more soon, the MA(lvl5) is running on CC 24/7 since crafting was invented (the sole exception being the first 2 or so days of every FA) and I have finished the spire every week since it started with a few passes on stage 3 during the first 2 or 3 month). I have occasionally timeboosted CCs as well, so I think most likely I am one of the happiest crafters I know. So if anyone should be losing SF I should be a prime candidate... I wonder how many years of flipping the MA it will take to get me to 0 SF?

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Interesting, you are the second person that mentions it... unfortunately this is one of the resources I have absolutely no idea how much I have, because it is in the category "have more than I could ever use until the end of the game" together with rune shards, relics and enchantments, so i never look how many I actually have... But I just looked: I have 387k now, If the thread is still going in a week or 2 I will check again :)
Crafting seems to be my main production these days besides troops of course. I have 7 Spire libraries making acatalysts atm and probably going to place at least one more soon, the MA(lvl5) is running on CC 24/7 since crafting was invented (the sole exception being the first 2 or so days of every FA) and I have finished the spire every week since it started with a few passes on stage 3 during the first 2 or 3 month). I have occasionally timeboosted CCs as well, so I think most likely I am one of the happiest crafters I know. So if anyone should be losing SF I should be a prime candidate... I wonder how many years of flipping the MA it will take to get me to 0 SF?

Since you run spire libraries and there seperate parts for max bonus you most likely will never run out if you also go to the top of the spire every week.
It's a double whammy, as you get spell grafments from both sides.

I on the other hand only get it from the spire (and the occasional event where i need to break an object into fragments for a quest.
This might make a difference. I have a lot more spell fragments on my small account then my main while it's way way younger, as I to run a lot of libraries there.

Gargon667

Mentor
Since you run spire libraries and there seperate parts for max bonus you most likely will never run out if you also go to the top of the spire every week.
It's a double whammy, as you get spell grafments from both sides.

I on the other hand only get it from the spire (and the occasional event where i need to break an object into fragments for a quest.
This might make a difference. I have a lot more spell fragments on my small account then my main while it's way way younger, as I to run a lot of libraries there.

That makes sense, too of course, so basically it depends on if the libraries hand out a higher proportion of CC or SF... And what you say suggests the latter. Now I really don´t optimize my SF output in my sets, it actually is the only thing I absolutely don´t care about if they get produced or not, but I suppose the libraries alone produce tons as a prerequisite to the CCs.