• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Gargon667

Mentor
This is a bear that will never get fed by me. Who needs extra kp? You either do not have enough and it will take a few days to accumulate what you need, or you are research blocked and any kp you add to a wonder will count against you in the present way of things.

It´s been a year since we got a pet that is worth getting food :) I am not sure why they bother making pets if noone ever is interested in feeding them... This practice really makes me feel bad about starving pets, I am already looking over my shoulder, some ill-meaning neighbour might call PETA on me...

Gargon667

Mentor
FYI, those following Elven Gems for the Autumn Zodiac event, the list of daily prizes isn't right. I'm not certain how wrong it is, but one of the best ones (for me) is not appearing in their list, which is Hazeltown (4x4 culture/pop). I think it must've been about the 5th or 6th day it showed up.

The Gems are not much up to date anymore, Jack over at the Platinum Leaf facebook group usually is much faster at updating quest lists/daily prizes nowadays :)

Lelanya

Mentor
ElvenGems has fixed the list now folks, sorry for any confusion. Our other projects are winding up, we have been overhauling and updating the entire site regarding game changes. The chapter information is almost completely current, and our hardworking staff should have it all ready soon.
I can recommend that it would be wise to delete a "Gems of Knowledge" saved link, and to replace it with "ElvenGems", if you have not already done so.

Jackluyt

Shaman
FYI, those following Elven Gems for the Autumn Zodiac event, the list of daily prizes isn't right. I'm not certain how wrong it is, but one of the best ones (for me) is not appearing in their list, which is Hazeltown (4x4 culture/pop). I think it must've been about the 5th or 6th day it showed up.

I have all the correct buildings here: https://tinyurl.com/y4va7r9o

117964521_10217469646913710_260908452086371288_n.jpg

Jack is there a mistake in the coin figures?

I just checked again - the figures I posted above before and after the change are correct.

Hekata

Artisan
I just checked again - the figures I posted above before and after the change are correct.
How can that be correct? This is a direct quote from the Beta release notes: " Coins and Supplies production have been removed from the building's produced resources. " I think the figures you give for coins are figures for mana in the Elementals chapter.

Jackluyt

Shaman
How can that be correct? This is a direct quote from the Beta release notes: " Coins and Supplies production have been removed from the building's produced resources. " I think the figures you give for coins are figures for mana in the Elementals chapter.

Sorry you are quite correct - those are Divine Seeds - I will change it.

118807338_10217575140870993_5668695179827295749_n.jpg

Last edited:

Vorbog

Adventurer
Hi Guys,
I don't have any bears and I am wondering which one to place and evolve? For what I found in the forum I think that the Brown bear is the one worth placing but still decide to ask for your advice.
Thanks! :)

FieryArien

Necromancer
Yes, Brown Bear is indeed the best long term option.
Consider also crafting (not evolving) Polar bear. For 1 pet food it gives 10% reduction of tournament cool down (right on the first level). The next opportunity to reduce the cool down comes very late - a wonder at the end of the Constructs chapter. Even if you don’t place Polar bear right away, having it in your inventory keeps your options open.

Vorbog

Adventurer
I mostly fight but sometimes negotiate too. I will go for the brown bear.
I have the base for the polar bear at one of my cities but rearly feed it because even without using it it is hard for me produce the needed goods/ troops to finish more than 10 provinces up to final stage.
Thanks for the advices!

Gargon667

Mentor
I mostly fight but sometimes negotiate too. I will go for the brown bear.
I have the base for the polar bear at one of my cities but rearly feed it because even without using it it is hard for me produce the needed goods/ troops to finish more than 10 provinces up to final stage.
Thanks for the advices!

In the new tourney it will be more advanatgeous for you to do fewer provinces but more rounds (in terms of resulting score) And if you want to go super exactly for minimum troop loss you will do one province less every round.

Anyway brown bear has the biggest direct impact on tourney performance.

The Polar Bear (even unevolved) will increase the convenience of playing tourneys, but not increase your scores (unless you have a very high level Timewarp to go with it)

Vorbog

Adventurer
I try to find some statistics about what brown bear gives at different levels but I couldn't. If my calculations are correct if I succeed to finish all of the quest of the event I will have 9 new artefacts which mean 4 old ones or a Brown bear evolved up to lvl 5. That is why I was wondering if it's still worth it?

Hekata

Artisan
I try to find some statistics about what brown bear gives at different levels but I couldn't. If my calculations are correct if I succeed to finish all of the quest of the event I will have 9 new artefacts which mean 4 old ones or a Brown bear evolved up to lvl 5. That is why I was wondering if it's still worth it?
Scroll down, find the bear you want, find your chapter and click to expand and see all the levels. If your FS plays the Fellowship Adventures you can probably get two more new artifacts so that's 1 more old. https://elvengems.com/autumn-zodiac/evolving-buildings/

Gargon667

Mentor

I would say it depends on what you intend to do with your brown bear. If you just feed it and collect your regular troops I would say it is rather useless (even fully evolved lol) But if you think about using time boosts to lets say boost 1000 squads of troops even a 20% boost of a half evolved brown bear will produce 200 squads of troops, so 1 pet food would be worth 20 daily prizes in the current event (if you think about troops instants). So I would say definitely worth it :)

Pauly7

Magus
On Beta I got my Brown Bear up to level 5, and it will be 6 after the FA. If I'd had just a little more luck with free keys it could've easily been level 7. As @Gargon667 says, it will be well worth it if you're planning to boost troops out of your barracks with time boosters. That's the key.

Pauly7

Magus
The new Fellowship Adventure has now been officially announced to be starting on Beta this Thursday so it looks like it will definitely be following the bear event on Live.

Jackluyt

Shaman
As predicted, a new Fellowship Adventures starts Thursday in Beta - and presumably there will be more Bear Artifacts to pick up.
I will post when I have more information.
1f60a.png

This seems to happen automatically after an event that features Evolving Buildings so you can pick up the missing Artifacts - in this case the 18 Moon Bear Artifacts you need to fully evolve your old Brown Bears.
I really do not like this! Because it locks us into having more Fellowship Adventures than most players are comfortable with.
There must be another way to give us those artifacts!!

This one is apparently the same type as the last one, so players are saying in the Beta Forum - to be confirmed.

Here is our old file, which may be the same type:: https://tinyurl.com/yyegsm4r

Here is our Fellowship Adventures Master File: https://tinyurl.com/y4vk4t7h

119450595_10217634253428770_2595606806524656809_n.jpg