• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi Verde, whilst it will be with us soon we have no release date just yet!

Regards

Herodite.

cwgiii

Shaman
If memory serves, the Autum Zodiac began on Beta Thursday 8/20. If patterns hold, I would guess it would start on the Live servers Thursday 9/3. But, that is only a guess. Inno can always change things up on a whim, or, especially if issues arise.

Sir Derf

Adept
August is still about another 6 months away in my part of the world. Just saying.
A great hemisphere-centric deflating response brought down by poor word choice.

One could also point out that your part of the world claims to see a completely different set of constellations.

But we learned ones are aware that the lies of the globe-pushers are never to be believed.

We're dealing with Elvenar, not this fairy-tale of a "planet" called Earth. Sure, we haven't scouted our entire world, but so far we've discovered cities evenly and regularly spaced across the map as far as our scouts can see. Cities that all exist on plateaus, all bordered by forest and lake and ocean. Yes, all bordered by oceans despite our maps showing that we are all land-locked cities in the great tesselation that is our land. Cities where the seasons and the climate transition continent-wide; universal floods, synchronous snowfalls and thaws, and yes, even coordinated leaf-changing and falling. So you just keep your bedtime stories of a round land with varying seasons to yourself.

And as to those who profess that there are numerous other worlds out there, similar to ours, I would ask these Multi-Verse muses, "Where is your proof?" Yes, some of you see your stores of diamonds occasionally spontaneously increase or decrease without your city seeing any effect, but then what do we really know about these diamonds?

AstralSoul

Illusionist

One could also point out that your part of the world claims to see a completely different set of constellations.

But we learned ones are aware that the lies of the globe-pushers are never to be believed.

Time is not even linear, everything happens simultaneously, but we do not perceive it!

Sir Derf

Adept
Time is not even linear, everything happens simultaneously, but we do not perceive it!
Heresy!.

Not only do we know that time exists as a continuum, do not our TimeBoosts amply demonstrate that it is also quantized?

Further, we also know that, under the right circumstances, not only Time, but even Entropy may be reversed, if only in local areas. For is it not also true that, even up to the last minute, we can cancel and reverse most actions in progress? From the lowly brewing of the humble Elvenade, a matter of a few minutes toil and, somehow, hammers and wrenchs, to the mighty civic undertaking of a Main Hall upgrade, which takes large quantities of gold,the round-the-clock efforts of a full three-shift work crew for hours on end, and frequently even the lives of scores of Orcs; on a whim we can blow the whistle and reverse the arrow of time, regaining all our already-spent blood and treasure despite their already spent efforts. Tarps and scaffolds removed and architectural modifications undone. Elves unsqueezed and pitchers emptied.

I've even heard rumors of a hypothetical land, which the soothsayers call Be-Ta, where the seasons and holidays, the small festivals and Grand Odysseys, take place at an advanced pace. These prognosticators and psychics claim their predictions come from the observations of this world through arcane means. I remain skeptical of these claims, for if this were true, why are their pronouncements occasionally wrong in small details? What, does the Creator run an entire world simply to test out his (or her's) plans? I fail to believe that he (or she) operates this world as an amusement, that we are all nothing but 'players' living our lives in his (or her's) 'game'.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
and frequently even the lives of scores of Orcs; on a whim we can blow the whistle and reverse the arrow of time, regaining all our already-spent blood and treasure despite their already spent efforts.

Relativity is not in the side of those orcs :p Talking of time, you can stretch it or bent it, but you can't reverse it to go backward hehe.

I've even heard rumors of a hypothetical land, which the soothsayers call Be-Ta, where the seasons and holidays, the small festivals and Grand Odysseys, take place at an advanced pace. These prognosticators and psychics claim their predictions come from the observations of this world through arcane means.

I think we are trapped by that world's singularity owning this thread, as in this dimension or thread, we get news from this land you mention :D

Giraffi

Enchanter

We're dealing with Elvenar, not this fairy-tale of a "planet" called Earth

Poor word choice? Now why does the event names and the story lines follow what is known on a certain portion of a “planet” called Earth?

Indeed, my cities do see a completely different set of constellations. Ever heard of the Giraffe constellation, the Bright Star of Peace and the three Mages Moons?

Well written pieces, Sir Derf, well written!

Jackluyt

Shaman
Dear Humans and Elves,
We have updated Elvenar Beta to version 1.113!
Today's update includes the following content:

Improvements
  • The Barracks, Training Grounds and Mercenary Camp no longer share their production queue, which means you can now train more units simultaneously.
  • On the World Map, the tabs "Tournaments" and "Provinces" are now shown in the same window, so you can switch faster.
  • The chest icon on the Tournaments map indicates it more clearly when your Fellowship has reached the Bonus Chests.
Balancing changes

After receiving your feedback on the Moon Bear's bonuses and feeding effect, we've decided to make several adjustments to it. With these changes, we aim to provide more specialization for the building, and to offer more appealing bonuses, especially for players who do not already have other pets available in their city. The changes we'll be making are:Coins and Supplies production have been removed from the building's produced resources.
  • We significantly reduced the amount of Culture the Moon Bear provides.
  • We significantly increased the Population the Moon Bear provices.
  • The production of Sentient Goods (or, for those on lower Chapters: Seeds, Mana, normal Goods or Supplies) has been increased significantly.
  • When the Moon Bear has been evolved to Stage 7, it will also produce a Broken Shard. Evolve it further, and it'll start producing Knowledge Points instead: 1 at Stage 8, and up to 3, if the Moon Bear is evolved all the way to Stage 10.
  • The feeding effect of the Moon Bear now grants up to 3 Knowledge Points in every Neighborly Help Chest, depending on the Moon Bear's Evolution Stage.

Please let us know your thoughts in our feedback thread!

Kind regards,
    Your Elvenar Beta Team

118593649_10217549305425123_3384925105139554898_n.jpg

Pauly7

Magus
To confirm, the change to the training queues has not resulted in a reduction of training speed. The challenge now becomes managing supplies, but this is a really positive change, I think.

I am less positive about the change to the bear (aside from being happy that feedback has been addressed). Effectively the feeding effect now gives 9KP per pet food used (and a max of once per day), which I don't think is worth considering. They have increased the population, but they have removed the coins and supplies. For me, a good amount of coins and supplies may be the one good reason for building it.

Errandil

Conjurer
The Barracks, Training Grounds and Mercenary Camp no longer share their production queue, which means you can now train more units simultaneously.
Absolutely terrible change. An indirect nerf to the time boosters and brown bears, it adds the requirement to have all the AWs for units production (and one of them is unlocked at the chapter 12), two of the units from training grounds are simply impossible to produce because of the orcs requirements. On top of that we are punished for extra AW levels, and not units are equally useful, at least for elves most of the best units comes from MC and barracks are inferior in the endgame.
And I'm pretty sure that in the future the devs would be like "hey, you are producing three times more units, let's up the requirements accordingly".

Gargon667

Mentor
The Barracks, Training Grounds and Mercenary Camp no longer share their production queue, which means you can now train more units simultaneously.

What a horrible idea! Elves have been worse fighters than humans before the change, now there is basically no more point playing elves at all if one wants to do well in spires/tourneys.

So humans now get a second production building that gives top units and elves get a second production building that only produces junk and cannonfodder!
Better go and upgrade some elven barrack units now, otherwise the only thing this does is make the game easier for humans and annoying for elves. Balanceing things has never been a strong suit of Inno, so hopes are somewhat... well let´s not talk about it.

training grounds have never produced anything useful and they are the same for humans and elves so no big deal there.

DeletedUser7526

Don’t think any thing is taken away from us.
I support the change.
Let’s not protest additions and non-nerfs.
I’m an elf and I just have to use the time instants differently than a human city.
And that’s the flavour of being elves.

Gargon667

Mentor
Don’t think any thing is taken away from us.
I support the change.
Let’s not protest additions and non-nerfs.
I’m an elf and I just have to use the time instants differently than a human city.
And that’s the flavour of being elves.

The use of time boosters has not changed in the least, time boosters always have and always will produce premium troops.

The problem is that normal production for elves now produce 33% premium troops (Merc Camp) and 66% garbage (Barracks and Training grounds), while humans produce 66%premium troops (Merc camp and Barracks) and 33% garbage (Training grounds).

Previously Humans and elves (after chapter 15) would produce 100% Premium troops, with the difference being that humans had more choice in which building to produce them.
In lower chapters of course humans always have an advantage, because they reach premium troops in the barracks much faster than elves do in the Merc Camp.

alsael

Enchanter
Is it my math bad,or the bear now is more valuable,since you can have the same bonus troops but at a 1/3 of the time,since you can train simultaneously?

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Is it my math bad,or the bear now is more valuable,since you can have the same troops but at a 1/3 of the time,since you can train simultaneously?
You still need to spend the time instants to produce the troops. One time instant only works on one of the training facilities at a time. So it still costs you the same amount of time-instants. Only thing it might have an effect on is the first collect. But that could also be done by very carefully avoiding collection of all your training facilities until you knew for sure that all training queues were completed and then feed the bear and collect from all three facilities. Now you just need to start them all at the same time, set a timer for when they'll all be done, feed the bear and collect. But after that, you'll need to spend time instants in all facilities separately, just like you were used to without the simultaneous queuing. So in that regard, nothing much has changed for the effect of the brown bear...

Killiak

Artisan
Is it my math bad,or the bear now is more valuable,since you can have the same bonus troops but at a 1/3 of the time,since you can train simultaneously?

Yes and no.

Yes; if you think of them as parallel running productions, and feed the bears once all queue's are done, then collect. However, this was also possible before this change. Just had to be careful with collections ;)

No; if you, like a lot of people do, use the bears to pump troops with time instants and supply instants. Since using a time instant on the Barracks queue has no influence on the Merc Camp queue.

alsael

Enchanter
well,we cannot have it all,right?the first collection of all troops will be a blast with the bear fed,but consider also this:you can have triple the bonus troops at the same time.|Keep the bear fed for a day(you need 8 food) and produce troops even without using time or supplies boosts.How many bonus troops you will get?