• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

A game should be fun ... this has become just a chore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser664

Pretty much there. FA's are a joke - rewards are crap. The only way to compete is to bring in a bunch of accounts full of tiny buildings prior to the FA, move them out afterwards. If you want to play it straight, keep a fellowship intact and compete honestly - forget it.

Tourney changes are punishing the big cities, late game players spending coin.

When you feel the rules have changed and are now working against what you've built for a long time, it's time to move on. Sad.

DeletedUser9850

I guess Inno is just wanting to end elvenar.
I hope the day we all leave,Inno will be satisfied.
Right Inno?
If the game could go back to 2018 or 2019 versions!!!

Alcaro

Necromancer
I've read the MTG annual report for 2019 (Inno is part of this big group) and you would be stunned to see the numbers for net sales and net income of Inno.
If I ever read somewhere things like "they have to live also" I think my head will explode! This sounds like "poor devs" and depicts some youngsters, a bit hungry, exploited, bad dressed and so on. I assure you it's not the case.
" June 27, 2019 – MTG’s portfolio company InnoGames mobile game hit Forge of Empires reached EUR 500 million lifetime revenue milestone "
" InnoGames sales and adjusted EBITDA improved significantly compared to last year. This was driven by lower costs for user acquisitions and by the performance of Forge of Empires, which continued to grow, supported by improved in-game features. InnoGames' portfolio of classic games continued to record solid performances, while Elvenar declined somewhat versus last year. "

Well, it seems Elvenar doesn't have a tamed base player :D We aren't obedient and don't spend enough to be viable "a la long".

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
...Well, it seems Elvenar doesn't have a tamed base player :D We aren't obedient and don't spend enough to be viable "a la long".
It's "à la longue" hun... ;)

In my FS we found that :
- even giving usefull timeboosters, the Spire seems to have become harder recently, the loses are huge, even on the 1st stage that we don't even try to pass any more...
- the FA is giving craps, it's a long since we just do only one path for the 3 stages then... basta ! This time, as no more mages wanted to coordinate it, we do it a messy way and we finished the 3rd stage one minute before the end... some missed the end as it ended earlier than usually. We had to sacrify most of our diamonds and time boosters to finish on time.
- I'm not able to mesure the difference for the tournaments neither with my 900K account (fight) nor with my 20K account (cater)...

DeletedUser6472

InnoGames' portfolio of classic games continued to record solid performances, while Elvenar declined somewhat versus last year. "
Lol, we have an insider information why that is. I haven't spent a penny since last Zodiac event and it's been a slippery slope ever since with the events, prizes and now tournaments. If nothing changed about tourneys, their P&L account for the next year will show even less of P :p

Gargon667

Mentor
Pretty much there. FA's are a joke - rewards are crap. The only way to compete is to bring in a bunch of accounts full of tiny buildings prior to the FA, move them out afterwards. If you want to play it straight, keep a fellowship intact and compete honestly - forget it.

Some may do that, we beat them all, feel free to check our membership changes...
yes we have 25 FA townsand we also have 25 tourney towns and 25 spire towns on top of that :) All in the same FS at the same time. Must be cheating can´t explain it any other way :p

Can´t talk about rewards, I never look at them, there usually are 2 artifacts for some evolving building or other and not much besides, but who cares, that is not what FAs are about. FAs are the best part of the game and the only reason I am still around :) There never is as much energy and fun in our FS as there is during this one week.

Alcaro

Necromancer
The word I use is Dementors...well done Inno, you have sucked the joy and fun right out of the game. I sit here surrounded by some great fellows, who are on the verge of leaving the game, and it crosses my mind too...sad day Inno, I hope you are proud of yourselves
The best description ever for this game. I guess Inno just gained a new nick > Dementor.

valle

Soothsayer
I see it the complete opposite way. Earlier the clicking thousands of time was the chore. Now I can in a much more relaxed way score higher then I used to do before. Got above 10k for the first time today.

Timneh

Artisan
InnoGames sales and adjusted EBITDA improved significantly compared to last year. This was driven by lower costs for user acquisitions and by the performance of Forge of Empires, which continued to grow, supported by improved in-game features. InnoGames' portfolio of classic games continued to record solid performances, while Elvenar declined somewhat versus last year.

That right there should make the game designers and devs think what are they doing wrong because if they were doing things right things would be going up and not declining.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I'd be the devil's advocate, but don't hate me! There is something though:

Empire building games are in part about gathering RSS, building, waiting to build more, then gather some more RSS, build, wait, do an "adventure" for gathering other RSS to build better (like KP in tourneys for AW in Elvenar)

Empire building games, in the old days, you could wait two weeks for a single super high-level building to level up. Boosters didn't exist, not even with "diamonds", but we all know this before playing. And there were from 4-12 RSS total. Forget guest races and stuff like this.

Why get desperate? Why did PP had to ever be born -players need it of course, but, they take the magic- is like we forgot this is a game about collecting, waiting, grinding, and do the same things week after week, same spire, same collections tournaments, etc... but we all are boring like that and we like it since we play these games.... so

And I think that is one reason we got the tourney changed, way too many KP, people finishing in a flash the chapters and then complaining because they got nothing to do. It's complicated from all ends. Best is trying to enjoy the game, and try to ask for what we want to change, and the devs will listen :)

DeletedUser6472

And I think that is one reason we got the tourney changed, way too many KP, people finishing in a flash the chapters and then complaining because they got nothing to do. It's complicated from all ends. Best is trying to enjoy the game, and try to ask for what we want to change, and the devs will listen :)
Very optimistic view on things currently going on in Elvenar, kudos to you :). However, I do not find it fun anymore watching my resources depleting by millions and troops decimated half way through the tourney. Also, there is no more trust in know how and capabilities of developers and game designer of Elvenar. There is nothing to look forward to anymore, there will be just one disappointment after another... PS: today I run out of spell fragments!!! Who would have thought that this is possible! So, it's just one shortage after another.

DeletedUser6472

I also have pages in summonings, but never had to disenchant anything before until now. Also I constantly craft something in MA, it's a good source of diamonds, there is always something useful to craft. Also, there is RNG, if you are getting a ton of spell fragments doesn't mean that every other player is getting the same quantity too.

DeletedUser6472

Believe me, if you do anything of significance in the Spire, you're going to get a ton of fragments.
I finish the spire every week ever since it's been introduced. You should not assume that someone doesn't know how to play this game, just because you cannot imagine how they could run out of spell fragments lol. Starting your sentence with "believe me", doesn't give any weight to your statement and for sure doesn't make it true.

McBratty

Enchanter
All we wanted was to lessen the number of clicks we have to do during a tourney. Thats all that needed fixed. Instead you took the entire thing and the whole thing! Now unless we play the spire to get the time instants to make more troops we cant play the tourney but to play the spire we require more troops as its all random now and we are having to produce ALL the damn troops which means that we have less available to play both even with the time boosts. As Nettro says, you have taken a perfectly good game and screwed it up beyond belief. We have people leaving our FS simply because they just cant be bothered with the bs of trying to make enough troops and goods to be able to do spire and tourney every week. Well done Inno...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.