• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Brown Bear

Question : is it better to sell the chapter 3 level Brown bear ( not evolved) and re craft or to upgrade using royal restoration. Am tempted to sell it and re craft, but a bit worried it might not come around. Am now in chapter 6. Appreciate your input.

Lelanya

Mentor
Hello :)
I would have to say, it depends on whether or not you have or had any Artifacts for your Bear. An evolved Bear has real value. If it's an chapter 3 level 1 Bear, then, I would wait until you finish Dwarf and then sell it, because a game developer or two hinted broadly (when asked) that we are getting another Bear event this Fall. So sell your old Bear a week or two prior, stock up a bit on CCs and spell fragments.
Maybe collect diamonds too, one of the regular posters here said they spammed the MA until it coughed up the right recipe for them. You can stack the deck by crafting but not placing other single use recipes, like the chest set.

Eryn Galen

Adventurer
Is it worth 27 royal restoration spells to you? You've come three chapters with it at level 1, so you haven't been able to craft any artifacts in the MA for it. If it were fully evolved, the situation might be different, but in this case, I would say don't bother keeping it.

Elvenar Wiki said:
This amazing Instant allows you to upgrade your Culture, Population and Production Event Buildings (even Set Buildings) to the next Chapter level! You will need 1 Royal Restoration spell for each tile of the building.

In my MA on Beta right now, for 825 diamonds (because I don't have 2 blueprints and 5 CCs) I could craft 20 RRs, and that would bring my level 10 polar bear up to my current chapter.

But yeah, @Lelanya, who just ninja'd me, has a great suggestion. :p :D

FieryArien

Necromancer
From my point of view it’s risky. These days Inno shuffles around with the recipes; adding, adjusting and removing them. I find the announcements confusing, so I’m not sure which evolving buildings are still there and which are not.

If I were in your boots, I’d wait if someone confirms that they see Brown Bear in crafting now. Only then I’d maybe try deleting mine and praying it appears in my Magic Academy soon.

The permanent loss of the base would be worse than the cost of royal spells needed to upgrade it to current chapter.

Or you can keep the base as it is, wait for that future event Lelanya talked about. If Inno announces that there will be Brown bases and artifact conversion recipes in crafting similarly as it was with Cold Phoenix event and old Phoenixes, you can sell the base then and craft really really current base before actually evolving it.

Julian

Sorcerer
The main benefit from the bears and phoenix is from its feeding effect. That depends on how well evolved it is, not what chapter it is.

Pauly7

Magus
As far as I know the bears are still available in crafting, but as @FieryArien says, it is a risk because you never know when something might be removed from the crafting rotation. Ordinarily I would say it is a risk worth taking because these types of buildings would come around very frequently. However, with the changes to the way the MA gives crafting recipes I am no longer sure how long you may have to wait for them to appear.

I'm inclined to agree with @Julian. You might as well hold onto the one you have because it's only really the feeding effect that you're looking for, which doesn't change chapter to chapter. You will probably want to be holding at least 3 bear artefacts before even building it as I'm not sure it's worth the pet food for a very small troop production increase.

We will get another bear in the Autumn event, but it isn't going to be a replacement for the Brown Bear. The hope, on your part, is that they offer an artefact conversion recipe like they did with the Phoenix event, or that they offer a few 2019 artefacts.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Release Notes for version 1.08 (current version) state that some recipes have been removed from MA and that "Among the removed Recipes are the Stage 1 versions of all Evolving Buildings except for the four Phoenixes (Aureate, Fire, Storm, and Coldfire), as well as the recently released Festive May Tree."

So (if I understood correctly)you won't get Bear bases any longer. If you haven't placed it yet, I would suggest that you keep your Brown Bear in inventory until next autumn event.

Pauly7

Magus
Release Notes for version 1.08 (current version) state that some recipes have been removed from MA and that "Among the removed Recipes are the Stage 1 versions of all Evolving Buildings except for the four Phoenixes (Aureate, Fire, Storm, and Coldfire), as well as the recently released Festive May Tree."
Good point. I'd missed that.