• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Tournament city

• Thread starter DeletedUser5181
  • Start date

DeletedUser5181

I am restarting my city, i am in woodelves chapter. I want my city to focus on tournaments specifically, so from others who have mastered tournaments before me, what should I expect to put in my city and how many ie how many workshops, and factories? Thanks for any tips!

Pauly7

Magus
Workshops and manufactories support everything else that you do, no matter what type of player you are. It is difficult to say how many of everything that you need because it depends on the other things that you have.

Some of the keys to tournament fighting success include:

• Having the right event won buildings. This isn't something that can now be fixed if you don't have them already, but you really would want a Fire Phoenix and a Brown Bear (in my opinion). When you say you are "restarting your city" does that mean you have deleted everything else you have?
  • Having the right Ancient Wonders - i.e. Needles of the Tempest, Martial Monastery / Sanctuary, Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms, Dwarven Bulwark. (You'll want to add Dragon Abbey, Flying Academy, Victory Springs, Temple of the Toads, etc, as soon as you can). These Wonders also need to be upgraded, so if you are missing any or if any are on low levels you are going to need to work on them.
  • Your Barracks needs to be upgraded to the highest level it can be.
  • You need enough armouries, in conjunction with Dwarven Bulwark and Shrine of the Shrooms (to be able to produce troops for as long a period of time as you ever may be away from the game (i.e. overnight) so there is never a pause in troop production.
  • Miss whatever optional squad size upgrades that you can.
  • Playing the Spire of Eternity can be quite key to tournament success. You should gather as many 5hr time boosters as you can in the Spire and spend them producing extra troops in your Barracks (preferably when there is a fed Brown Bear).
  • Craft every temporary military upgrade building (e.g. Unleashed Unit Upgrade) and pet food that you can from your Magic Academy (if you have the pets mentioned above to feed.) Of course you will need Combining Catalysts for this, and we are back to the Spire point. Use these temporary buildings during the right tournaments, where possible, and/or Dwarven Armourers.
  • Maybe goes without saying, but be in a Fellowship that has these same goals as you. If they are already achieving success they will support you more and you will be getting greater rewards to build further success.

As for supplies and goods, it just needs to be enough to support all that. I would advise having a high level Prosperity Towers and then keep adding workshops until you can support the troop production (including those days where you drop all the 5hr time boosters into the Barracks. It's even harder to determine how many manufactories you will need because that will depend on many things, such as - do you have a Mountain Halls wonder at a decent level? Do you have prior event buildings that give out goods? Do you have the Library Set?

CrazyWizard

Shaman
All of the above, but if you are human, also try to aquire some Training Grounds of the Orc Strategist buildings.
As humans untill very late game you will be struggling with you mortars. Orc Strategist are a stopgap but you can't train them effectively, a bunch of those buildings can solve that for the time being.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Awesome advice, and to add:

Help yourself by adding spire-sets.

They give a ton of scrolls, resources, mana, fragments, population, decent culture, and CCs, so you do not run dry on those when making power expiring buildings. You will get them from the Spire also (both CC, and armorers). For easy tourneys, max out and gather all the knowledge, for harder ones, you want to do 20-25 provinces. I have maxed out barracks for woodelves, five armories building a sixth, level 28 Needles, and level 7 for the other military AW up to Woodelves (Victory Springs is not yet available in woodelves.)

I have the entire chapter except the last SS (and an unresearched optional SS) before AWs, and this week:

tourney.JPG

I have also a few power buildings (south-west, where I also have forest fabrications). They will be gone by tonight after the Spire opens and I complete it (you can fight it entirely too, all the way to the 3rd floor the last boss, included.)

My city is quite outside the box, I have seven spire sets, and will have eight when remodel upon going to sorcerers maybe this Thursday, when my Needles are level 30 (28), or maybe a few more military AW first.

I have 5 Magic Workshops and a regular one, waiting for the sixth. I craft 100% refill tool spells, I have plenty of CC with spire sets, whole spire, and 10-11th FS collective prize (22 more boosters, 22 more CCs).

archer.JPG

Note the troops we needed for this tournament, (15th), and my available squads.

after.JPG

So, with what you have in woodelves is plenty, plenty, plenty. No need to spend a single diamond, maybe to open the doors in the Spire if your birds' tummy is going to empty, so you get the best out of your pet food. But you will get those diamonds back probably anyway.

Zero carter or diplomacy,

Last edited:

DeletedUser5181

Thanks so much for all of this information! I did sell most of my buildings, so I am starting mostly fresh. I have much to work on. Thanks again :)

Gargon667

Mentor
If you don´t have Fire Phoenix / Brown Bear: Hope for future events to give them to you and make sure you do all you can to get them as high as possible.

Join a 10 chest FS and preferably one that gets gold medals every week.

Woodelves is a good chapter to build a tourney town. Ignore the research as soon as you hit the first SS upgrade.

Always scout more provinces

For starters focus on 3 AWs only: Needles to lvl 26, MM/Sanctuary to lvl 26, Shrooms as high as necessary to keep up with the Needles (makes sure your Barracks prosuce troops 24/7)
Military buildings: Barracks max, 3(+/-1) Armories max.
Other buildings: Magic Academy max, Main Hall Max, a couple of factories (produce goods for catering in the spire), no mana needed!

No WS, use other means of supply production: Quest cycle, Instants (Ferris Wheels/MA/events), AWs (PTowers especially, but also ToS and EE are better than WS), Magic WS (with PoP enchantments) if you win them in the spire (not worth buying before chap 15).

check your MA at least every 12h (so you never miss a cycle), craft all expiring support buildings, also craft Orc Strat and Vallorian valors for extra troops. Craft Supply instants.

Finish the spire every week. Use the goods you produce as much as possible, only fight easy fights, you want to have as many troops as possible for the tourneys. Finishing the spire (plus gold rewards) gives you time boosts to boost more troops in your barracks. the diamonds you can use for MA upgrades first, then Premium expansions.

Doesn´t take too long to build a powerhouse, a few month maybe. I enjoyed the time a lot so I stayed and did it for half a year. (Upgraded also GA, MH, PT and a bit EE). After that you can get ready for a push in research and spend half a year or so to get to chapter 15.

DeletedUser5181

Other buildings: Magic Academy max, Main Hall Max, a couple of factories (produce goods for catering in the spire), no mana needed!

No WS, use other means of supply production: Quest cycle, Instants (Ferris Wheels/MA/events), AWs (PTowers especially, but also ToS and EE are better than WS), Magic WS (with PoP enchantments) if you win them in the spire (not worth buying before chap 15).

How many armories do you suggest? and do you find you can keep yourself supplied with tools with no workshops?? That surprised me a bit..
Thanks for all the great info!!

Pauly7

Magus
Armouries work in tandem with Dwarven Bulwark and Shrine of the Shrooms. Between the three it's best to find a level where your Barracks can run for 7 or 8 hours. There are a lot of variables though, so it's best to find what works for you.

To have a city with no workshops is quite an advanced philosophy. It usually relies on the three Wonders Gargon mentioned being at a high level, plus probably some other supplies producing event buildings and access to a lot of supplies instants. This is possibly done, as mentioned, with lots of Ferris Wheels. If you're not geared up for all of that then the process is similar to the armouries. Experiment to see how many workshops you need to fuel everything you've got going on.

Gargon667

Mentor

How many armories do you suggest? and do you find you can keep yourself supplied with tools with no workshops?? That surprised me a bit..
Thanks for all the great info!!

How many armories depends mainly on how often per day you long in to collect your troops. If the longest break from the game is let´s say 8h of sleep then your queue only needs to last 8h. If you log in once a day your queue needs to last 24h(which is pretty tough/impossible if you have Needles). Just make sure you can produce 24/7 with no downtime in between.

I have always had much more supplies without WS than I had with them lol. As I said every other way to gain supplies is more efficient than WS. As soon as you start using other ways of producing supplies, the stuff your WS produce become ridiculous and you are better of deleting them. If you are using WS you will be limited in space and you will never be able to produce enough. You have to keep running as fast as you can just to stay in place, better to jump off that track and find other ways, but that is just my opinion, most people will tell you WS are the only way and you have to have 8 or 10 or 12 or whatever silly number of them...