• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Air Traders Voyage Event

Gargon667

Mentor
Finished a couple of days ago. Just waiting for the daily ones each day.
same here... without the goods producing quests I think I would have finished in 1 day lol...

Julian

Sorcerer
I'm not sure there's much point in rushing through them when there isn't an infinite set of quests. I'm on 56.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I'm not sure there's much point in rushing through them when there isn't an infinite set of quests. I'm on 56.

It is nice to have the homework done already. I did finish all the quests too, so I am picking up with a Stash Outpost (judge me, it's worth it if you make numbers.) Did not buy a single fuel with the diamond sale, all is pickups and quests. And, two main reasons:

One
this.JPG

And two:

andthis.jpg

Sadly, this was 30 KPs before, but still is worth more than any other prizes, knowledge is always the highest value (this prize is worth 900 diamonds). So I can dump all this day (my boats did not move even once yet), and that's not tomorrow, but next Sunday (the 28th). Then, dump the rest on that Mage regiment. And your last bits on the last day. Unless of course, you want a specific building, which in this event, I don't. I am possibly not even placing the dock, etc (only maybe if I can make two give 3 KP each when connecting.)

Timneh

Artisan
I'm not sure there's much point in rushing through them when there isn't an infinite set of quests

I agree. You can't rush to the end of the event like you could in past events, you have to wait for the daily quest when you get to a certain point so you can't finish the event in 1 or 2 days. That is also why i don't understand why the devs made the goods quests produce and not gain, the end result is still the same but one takes longer than the other but as time is pretty much irrelevant it makes no difference.

Gargon667

Mentor
I agree there is no point in rushing, however this is me not rushing haha, I used MM enchantments on my 3 factories for the goods quests other than that, just normal play except for 1 VV quest (I crafted a PP spell that I would not have crafted otherwise) and of course I put a couple of lvl 1 WS and T1s on a bunch of unused space.
Anyway these events nowadays are very boring, no challenge and no rewards, makes it a fair deal in terms of rewards per invested work, just a rather uninteresting operation overall.

Deleted User - 1759805

I agree there is no point in rushing
Usually the point of rushing would be to snipe some early dailies, but this time around most are duplicated later on (if you even care).

I rush so that I can clear out my city from L1 temps earlier.

Pauly7

Magus
Usually the point of rushing would be to snipe some early dailies, but this time around most are duplicated later on (if you even care).
I slightly rushed, just so I could fill my pockets with Orc Ships (it's a temporary orc boost and quicker than waiting on a lot of them turning up in the MA.) You're right, though, I could've just waited for the Orc Ship's second appearance.
I rush so that I can clear out my city from L1 temps earlier.
That's something I have in mind also... Tidying up all the event mess in my city and, in this case, getting some of those Orc Ships working.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
How many armories do you have? I am ignoring those ships, although, I feel they are good.

I am running 6 armories, and one orc nest. Will these cover for orcs in later chapters?

Pauly7

Magus
I'm not a big fan of the ships, but they're comparable to Orc Nests and easier to get hold of when you can get 20 in one day.

That's a lot of armouries. It may be enough. Depends how much Spire you play and how much you cater, plus how good your Heroes Forge is (and, indirectly, how many provinces you've completed.) Later AWs can also eat 40k Orcs at a time for one upgrade in five. Plus let's not forget 265k Orcs to get an AW to level 31.

I have 3 armouries that can produce Orcs. At one point I had over 700k Orcs spare, but then I suddenly started haemorrhaging them.

Deleted User - 1759805

I'm not a big fan of the ships, but they're comparable to Orc Nests
True, but Orc Ships do not have early collect. I personally came to dislike anything without early collect when there are alternatives. But yeah, if you don't have a bunch of Nests stashed, then these ships would do just fine.

Pauly7

Magus
True, but Orc Ships do not have early collect. I personally came to dislike anything without early collect when there are alternatives. But yeah, if you don't have a bunch of Nests stashed, then these ships would do just fine.
Yeah the lack of early collect annoys me too, plus I really don't like the look of them. I only ever want to have temporary Orc farms, though, so it's useful to have a good number of these to dip into when I need them, then dispose.

DeletedUser9850

Pauly7,you are something man.Already over.And Stephen1,you ae managing two cities and on 54 and 44 in two cities.How do you guys do this?Do you play game all day?Or you guys use enchantment recklessly?

DeletedUser9850

Hey,you all guys are progressing so rapidly.What is the secret of you all?Please tell me players

DeletedUser9850

What's the total space that all the floats of this event take?

Pauly7

Magus
Pauly7,you are something man.Already over.And Stephen1,you ae managing two cities and on 54 and 44 in two cities.How do you guys do this?Do you play game all day?Or you guys use enchantment recklessly?
Compared to events gone by this one (and the last one) are very easy to go through quickly. More traditionally there would be a lot of quests like "make 6 x 1 day productions" followed by "make 4 x 2 day productions" and maybe "make 10 x 9 hour productions". This time there are very few that slow you up. I haven't really looked up quests in advance, but you can still just rattle through a lot of them. The longest ones tend to be the "gain a good amount of marble" type quests, but with some MM spells, that rarely takes more than 2 x 3 hour runs. Most of the other slower ones can be picked off with a few time boosters.

The only real advance preparation I did was to have 12 level 1 workshops there waiting with bread completed. I also had about 5 level 1 manufactories that were waiting with 9 hour productions.

If I'd really pushed and planned them methodically in advance the initial event quests could have easily been finished on the first day.

DeletedUser9398

having enough space to have extra level 1 workshops and T1 manufactories enabled me to get past some of the longer quests without to much waiting. The longest wait times have come in my larger city on Winyandor when waiting for a scout to finish or for the KP to finish researching a technology. any enchantments that I have used I would have used even if there wasn't an event running

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I'm not a big fan of the ships, but they're comparable to Orc Nests and easier to get hold of when you can get 20 in one day.

That's a lot of armouries. It may be enough. Depends how much Spire you play and how much you cater, plus how good your Heroes Forge is (and, indirectly, how many provinces you've completed.) Later AWs can also eat 40k Orcs at a time for one upgrade in five. Plus let's not forget 265k Orcs to get an AW to level 31.

I have 3 armouries that can produce Orcs. At one point I had over 700k Orcs spare, but then I suddenly started haemorrhaging them.

Well, I do have Needles at level 30, and working in MA (soon FA), so I do mostly auto-fighting. Other weeks, I do hybrid carter and battle (usually some carter on 5th/6th round). When I have some power buildings, I don't carter at all. Last three Spire, and last three tournaments (before this week's) I only fought.

The Spire, with said buildings I fight it all, otherwise, hybrid fighting-diplomacy. My HF is at level 7, meaning it will grow more (level 6 won't, and if they get in the way...) I complete the Spire every week.

I completed 321 provinces, and I just got started with Sorcerers & Dragons.

Edit:
yup.JPG

Yes, I copy you on the orcs. I am actually considering it, as 4% is quite nice. Level 32-35 is not worth it, way too much knowledge (and more RSS).
I am backing off due to the diamonds, although the numbers mach for that extra 4% now early on for me who fights a lot. But that is a LOT of diamonds hehe. I think it will be a few chapters until I have those RSS... so its a lot of months worth of 4% more.

And yeah, I have grown aware of the orc crisis everybody has, plus as an auto-fighter, but a busy businessman, I need my barracks to have at least 9 hours queue, just in case (remember, level 30 needles). So, I worked earlier and managed my economy with six armories. I considered the seventh one, but I learned there is no need (and neither for the armies.)

As they said, planning. During weekdays, maybe I am an hour-90 minutes total in the game, as I am busy. Deduct 15 minutes for NH daily. And tourney time is counted (so days like today, or Monday, I do even less playing time) However, I prepared 30 T1 manufactures and about 25 workshops.

During afternoons (all seven days), I only pick up and start again the manufacturers, plus if I have to do Spire/tournament.

It took me three days, due to half on completing a province for quest 87 (needed to wait for the scout to finish). And I spent about 175-225 diamonds total boosting a couple things (in the MA).

Last edited: