• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Air Traders Voyage Event

DeletedUser5093

For anyone wanting to know what chests are best for their preferred strategy, I have put together this image, which is based off the data posted on ElvenGems. I hope people find it useful. Please feel free to share it wherever.

airtraders-chests.jpg

@JackLuyt

Errandil

Conjurer
Don't really have any emotions about this event, we have a set of quests that is doable by anyone and a again a very mediocre rewards, which is becoming a new norm. I don't mind this approach to designing events, but I really miss the times when the devs were trying to add some quests to slow down the players, but the rewards were worth it.

Arraminta

Novice
The whole air-traders thing is a nice idea with some great new visuals. It will also be nice for many people to get a building set rather than another evolving building.

The negative is that the set has woefully poor stats. I said it on the beta thread, but I don't believe it is worth it for anyone to build the buildings that give out supplies and coins, unless they just like the look of the whole thing of course. Building the other three buildings will give maximum goods bonuses in a 5x4 footprint, but there still is only a need for those people needing to save the population and culture of building a (more efficient) manufactory.

The daily prizes are equally underwhelming, but I do appreciate that we have been given a second option for a building that produces orcs (the Orc Ship).

For me personally, a player in the 2nd chapter, the prizes as well as the building-sets are pretty amazing. I think it will be always challenging to come up with endorsements that are alluring to both novice and advance players.

DeletedUser7526

The event could have at least made a nice continuous story line in the sequential quests. Stories were one thing that most of us enjoyed in the early chapters and events.

Why give us repeated wordings - “broken ship make supplies/ tier1” and “Bad people- fight encounter” quests. Repeating sentences in the sequence quest line makes the event even more lacklustre.

A “what next feeling” would at least make those disinterested in the event to complete the story quest line.

It takes an hour to word a crappy story. 3-4 hours to word a decent one. Was that too difficult? Or zero attention paid to creativity?

We would appreciate interesting events. So please pay attention.

Overall we expect the game to inspire us to play/ spend. Don’t discourage us in all aspects please.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7526

For me personally, a player in the 2nd chapter, the prizes as well as the building-sets are pretty amazing. I think it will be always challenging to come up with endorsements that are alluring to both novice and advance players.

That’s because you don’t have previous events to compare with.

Pauly7

Magus
My Beta city was in the 2nd chapter when the event started. The set building was worth building, for sure... at least three fifths of it was... because at that stage the saving on population is a huge factor. However, even at this point the supplies and coin producing elements made no economic sense to me. As for the daily prizes, I've built a couple of them - a 3x3 culture building and a 4x3 culture/pop hybrid. The pure culture is definitely useful for early chapters and the pop building was worth building, but only because of the culture saving. The population per square was about the same as a chapter 2 residence.

Some of these buildings can have value and I will likely keep my set at least through chapter 3, possibly even into chapter 4, but it will go around that point if I am not earning any Royal Restoration spells by then. As @JollyElf says, things may look more attractive if you don't have any previous frame of reference, i.e. how much better event buildings used to be.

DeletedUser9850

The whole air-traders thing is a nice idea with some great new visuals. It will also be nice for many people to get a building set rather than another evolving building.

The negative is that the set has woefully poor stats. I said it on the beta thread, but I don't believe it is worth it for anyone to build the buildings that give out supplies and coins, unless they just like the look of the whole thing of course. Building the other three buildings will give maximum goods bonuses in a 5x4 footprint, but there still is only a need for those people needing to save the population and culture of building a (more efficient) manufactory.

The daily prizes are equally underwhelming, but I do appreciate that we have been given a second option for a building that produces orcs (the Orc Ship).
What's the Orc Ship?

DeletedUser9398

a daily prize that produces supplies (chapters 1 through 5) T3 +1 (chapters 6 and 7) or orcs (chapter 8 or above)

Gargon667

Mentor
I would love to see your math. Have you been able to reduce it to a formula?
Kinda, it´s in a spreadsheet with various inputs etc. If you want to replicate it:

You need as input:
Space of the building,
Production of the building (per time unit),
Population of the building,
Culture of the building,
Population/square of your worst pop producing buildings, (the worst, because that is the one you could sell if you did the non-pop using option)
Culture/square of your worst culture producing buildings (or some arbitrary value for how high you value culture),
If you use residences (or magic residences) for producing pop, they again use culture, so you have to include that as well.

With that your are able to do most comparisons.
Then what I do for evolving/set buildings that give extras: I try and turn their boni into space equivalents. For example: 1 KP per day is worth 2 squares (standard building is a carting library), a 3 KP instant per day is worth 8 squares (standard building monument of ancient wonders: 3 KP per 48h per 4 squares). That space you can subtract from the space of your building. Of course only include that space reduction, if you actually value whatever it is.

Gargon667

Mentor
For anyone wanting to know what chests are best for their preferred strategy, I have put together this image, which is based off the data posted on ElvenGems. I hope people find it useful. Please feel free to share it wherever.

And if you want both dailies and waypoints, look at both pictures and choose the 3 chests that are in the Top5 of both pictures :)

I usually amd all the way on the waypoints side to max out my evolving building, but this time with the 3 important parts of the set being guaranteed when doing 80 quests, there seems no point in doing that, unless a second partial set is appealing to someone (should be easy enough as the 3 important parts are again first in round 2). But since the daily prizes are more appealing (a couple decent ships depending on prefernce, the unit instants and the 20 KP) than the grand prize (I OK set and 1 20 KP, 2 supply instants in the whole cycle)

DeletedUser9850

a daily prize that produces supplies (chapters 1 through 5) T3 +1 (chapters 6 and 7) or orcs (chapter 8 or above)
So to get orcs,I have to be at chapter 8 at least
That's pretty cruel

Pauly7

Magus
So to get orcs,I have to be at chapter 8 at least
That's pretty cruel
But you don't need any Orcs before that. To clarify, they aren't troops. They effectively work as goods to cater negotiations, complete researches etc. Once you get to the Orc chapter you can upgrade the building with RR spells so you then starting getting the Orc output.

Maj33y

Seeker
as someone who is relatively new to the game events like this make me happy as it helps so much with growing one's city but please take under consideration that not everyone can produce that big amount of Goods so make sure the quests are fit for veteran and newcomers , for High level players it's so easy I'd assume but I doubt they're interested in the rewards from the event . This and future events would be awesome if only you do these things :

• Tune down the number of required Goods ( or loosen up restrictions a bit e.g change Produce to Gain certain amount instead through Trader etc. )

• include enough Artifacts in the rewards as some event buildings are useless in low levels such as the coldfire phoenix in the previous event it takes up precious space and provides too little for a special event building .

• Make sure the event is Bug free please . (but please do not let that stop you from releasing new events )
  • Diversify Quests .

(Edited as I rushed to judge the quest to be bugged but it required certain goods and to add one more point )

Thank you . And take care

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
but please take under consideration that not everyone can produce that big amount of Goods so make sure the quests are fit for veteran and newcomers , for High level players it's so easy I'd assume but I doubt they're interested in the rewards from the event .
The amount of goods and supplies that are asked for scales as a player is at a higher chapter. If anything I think it is much tougher in the advanced game. I played through this event with a chapter 2 city on Beta and I found it much easier to get through the quests that ask for T1. Sure, with a high level city I probably went through it faster, but only by relying on a lot of enchantments and time reducing instants.

m4rt1n

Adept
I am really enjoying this event so far, no pressures of the randomizer luck scratchcard of the last event, I can choose a chest to spin for daily buildings once more. I'm again enjoying playing blind "no spoilers" and am at quest #44 so far, with some good prizes. :)

lihwei9123

Seeker
Basically, i play this event is only to obtain the prizes in the purple chest ( KP, portal profits , AK 30 ,more fuel crystals ). For other stuffs like event buildings i don't mind because i've won a lot of that during the past events.

DeletedUser9850

Then that's a relief
But you don't need any Orcs before that. To clarify, they aren't troops. They effectively work as goods to cater negotiations, complete researches etc. Once you get to the Orc chapter you can upgrade the building with RR spells so you then starting getting the Orc output.

DeletedUser9398

quest 54 in my city on Winyandor and quest 44 in my city on Arendyll