• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Recycle Bin

Julian

Sorcerer
Often on here there are people complaining that they've deleted a building by mistake and want it back. Suggestions have been made to have a recycle bin from where you could recover items. The problem with that is it could be misused. People could delete things just to free up space for a moment, then go to the recycle bin and get them back with no cost. That would undermine the teleport system.

But why not combine a recycle bin with the teleports? When you delete something, it goes into the bin, perhaps for 30 days before permanent deletion. During that 30 days, you could recover an item by using a teleport to transfer it to your inventory. That would solve the problem of accidental deletions and changes of mind without undermining the other play dynamics of the game.

DeletedUser3266

or rather than using teleports, if it's a true accidental deletion, you would recover it straight away - if not then perhaps it could disappear from the recycle bin within 30 minutes (whilst some may think to use it then as a way to rearrange their cities, it would be a risky move) or put a limit that only one building can sit in the recycle bin for 30 minutes per day - after all, once you've accidentally deleted a building you do tend to be a little more slower and careful after that.

Pauly7

Magus
The problem with this, @Julian, is that it's still open to abuse. People will use it to temporarily remove a Fire Phoenix (for example) so that they can get another base to craft. So if it's done it would have to not be open to any of the buildings that you already can't teleport.

Julian

Sorcerer
The bases don't come up in crafting if you've already got it in the inventory. The same would have to apply if you had it in your recycle bin.

FieryArien

Necromancer
I like the idea of combining the recovery and teleport. It prevents abuse (the cost is the same as teleporting it right away, so why bother) and it does offer us some form of recovery. Even if it worked only for teleportable buildings.

Personal note: The topic currently pains me, because just yesterday I deleted one Winter Market Set building by accident. I was teleporting them to inventory (in hope our fellowship someday becomes 10 chests fellowship and I'll have enough RR spells), but when a set building looses road access, it can't be teleported. So I had to switch to moving, move some buildings and then switch to teleporting again. Since I had to do it twice (some big buildings were blocking my view) and since the move&delete interface in the app are joined together, I once did a mistake a deleted one of the buildings. It's really easy to sell buildings by mistake while moving them in the app. :mad:

Pauly7

Magus
So I had to switch to moving, move some buildings and then switch to teleporting again. Since I had to do it twice (some big buildings were blocking my view) and since the move&delete interface in the app are joined together, I once did a mistake a deleted one of the buildings. It's really easy to sell buildings by mistake while moving them in the app. :mad:
This is why I would hate to be an app only player. There are too many things that it's easy to screw up. It's better than the PC for collections, tournaments & spire (auto-fighting only), but I always come back to the PC if there is stuff to move around/build. Usually for trading too.

That sucks about the building though. Did you ask Support to reinstate it? Or had you used your strike?

FieryArien

Necromancer
Did you ask Support to reinstate it? Or had you used your strike?
No, I didn't contact them. First I don't believe they'd give it back (heard too many refusal stories) and second the chance of getting enough RRs for the set is slim (non-zero, that's why I teleported them, but very slim). Still ... it sucks and I'm all for implementing some kind of recovery system!

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Some deleted buildings can under certain circumstances be granted back to you. If the building can be built through the building tab or is an Ancient Wonder they cannot be granted back. Some 'special' buidings can but only usually as a one time offer.
Hope this helps?