• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Reducing costs

As we progress through the chapters the costs to negotiate/cater both in the spire, encounters and in tournaments are greatly increasing. It would be greatly appreciated if costs could be eased. Not everyone can afford to buy lots of diamonds and in these difficult times more players are spending more time playing - and would like to be able to progress a little bit easier. Thank you.

Pauly7

Magus
It has always been the way that catering/negotiation costs, plus the difficulty of fighting increases the further you progress. Ideally you should be able to balance this with the increased resources you have at your disposal. If it seems like the difficulty is getting relatively harder it could be time to take a pause from progressing through the game and either upgrade manufactories, etc, or increase the power of relevant Ancient Wonders. It shouldn't be necessary to spend diamonds in order to keep the status quo.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Just to elaborate on @Pauly7's suggestion: I too happen at times to halt/reduce certain in-game activities (Spire, Research, etc) & devote that time to upgrading buildings (manufactures/Main Hall/Residences...). It does give a good boost in productivity, optimises gain/cost balance and is a sometimes welcome breather.

kimkimkim

Summoner
nope, never used diamonds....place constant trades to build up your resources and learn to fight, these things will ease the cost of catering

CrazyWizard

Shaman
As we progress through the chapters the costs to negotiate/cater both in the spire, encounters and in tournaments are greatly increasing. It would be greatly appreciated if costs could be eased. Not everyone can afford to buy lots of diamonds and in these difficult times more players are spending more time playing - and would like to be able to progress a little bit easier. Thank you.

The game is balanced trrough a combination of fighting and negotiating.
Using just a negotiating strategy is pretty impossible (exceptions excluded)

Where in the game the boundries are for where negotiating, fighting and a middle ground meets depends on where you are in the game.

Gargon667

Mentor
The game is balanced trrough a combination of fighting and negotiating.
Using just a negotiating strategy is pretty impossible (exceptions excluded)

Where in the game the boundries are for where negotiating, fighting and a middle ground meets depends on where you are in the game.

Tourneys are not possible to cater efficiently in higher chapters anymore, the costs increase much faster than goods production efficiency. In addition fighting has been boosted a great deal in the last year or two while catering has not. That means fighting is now a must if you want high performance.

In the spire fighting and catering are both good options.

In provinces both are options depending on your setup.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Tourneys are not possible to cater efficiently in higher chapters anymore, the costs increase much faster than goods production efficiency. In addition fighting has been boosted a great deal in the last year or two while catering has not. That means fighting is now a must if you want high performance.

In the spire fighting and catering are both good options.

In provinces both are options depending on your setup.

Combinations are always stronger, in the very early game up to maximum chapter 4 negotiating can be a very effective strategy that can lead up to 7020 points in the tournaments, fighting is also a solution but often a combination of fighting and negotiating is the best option.

I don't think you should see one option apart from the other, they together are one.

Gargon667

Mentor
Combinations are always stronger, in the very early game up to maximum chapter 4 negotiating can be a very effective strategy that can lead up to 7020 points in the tournaments, fighting is also a solution but often a combination of fighting and negotiating is the best option.

I don't think you should see one option apart from the other, they together are one.
Oh I absolutely agree in low chapters catering is actually preferable to fighting (much faster), but as I said, in higher chapters catering becomes a silly waste of goods.
Btw how did you come up with 7020 points? Is that the theoretical even distribution of all provinces until the Orcs barrier?

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Oh I absolutely agree in low chapters catering is actually preferable to fighting (much faster), but as I said, in higher chapters catering becomes a silly waste of goods.
Btw how did you come up with 7020 points? Is that the theoretical even distribution of all provinces until the Orcs barrier?

correct you can max out 7 of the tournaments at 7020 points(26 provinces), the other 2 you have less provinces so less points