• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Chapter 16 - Embassies

CrazyWizard

Shaman
All that sweet, sweet AW... I would consume that as fast as I can fill my AW (and I have a lot of runes, and 5h boosters..)

With the new chapter I would think twice before investing in a wonder.
Many wonders have a lower points per square at level 30 than some of the new chapter buildings.

And if you save somthing you can use it when you really want it ;) since I like ranking points i will dump them all into those.
I have spend quite a bit in spring of youth but it was a wonder than at best is awesome to have but will do nicely if the level 30 is delayed with a few months. the new ones I like to complete to 30 in a few weeks, So I still gave a job to do as those arent enough "yet".

BTW with the massive increase in required culture, I feel that watchtower and sanctuary/monastary are now the 2 must have wonders to counter this new move.
Without there dampening effect culture cost will run out of hand fairly quick.

Pauly7

Magus
BTW with the massive increase in required culture, I feel that watchtower and sanctuary/monastary are now the 2 must have wonders to counter this new move.
Without there dampening effect culture cost will run out of hand fairly quick.
Interesting. Sanctuary is a no-brainer anyway, but Watchtower doesn't often get a shout out. Perhaps Thrones of the High Men too then?

Julian

Sorcerer
She's been eating all those fairy cakes!

DeletedUser7526

There used to be many events where we were not happy and used to rage on for pages on end.

Now no one even bothers to comment. We are only on page 3. Guess, this could be the strongest feedback to the devs.

I kind of have a soft corner for the devs, so pretty please see the symptoms. These are signs of a dying game. Don’t become utterly blind.

Gargon667

Mentor
Interesting. Sanctuary is a no-brainer anyway, but Watchtower doesn't often get a shout out. Perhaps Thrones of the High Men too then?

Thrones Culture is pathetic, they are purely for ranking. Well the whole thing with Culture is for people interested in ranking, so they already have the thrones...

CrazyWizard

Shaman
thrones is only good if you have heaps and heaps of wonders, en nog the culture at that point ain't "Pathetic"
At least to me a 100K culture aint.

If you build it withou hundreds of wonderlevels backing it up and nog leveling itself a lot then it is.

Gargon667

Mentor
thrones is only good if you have heaps and heaps of wonders, en nog the culture at that point ain't "Pathetic"
At least to me a 100K culture aint.

If you build it withou hundreds of wonderlevels backing it up and nog leveling itself a lot then it is.

lol I want to see a screenshot of low level thrones with 100k culture please! You can have as many AW levels as you like :)

If we include the new chapter there are 30 AWs, meaning the max number of AW levels without the Thrones is 29*30=870 AW levels If we assume that you already have the chapter 16 wonder and have all AW upgraded to lvl 30 (haha) your thrones still need to be lvl 22 to reach 100k Culture. Now for you that may be a low level, but for everybody else here it is not :p

Even at lvl 30 Thrones you need 667 AW levels to reach 100k culture. You realize how many people in this forum have that number of AW levels? Which means basically you need to have more than 22 AWs at lvl 30 or higher. If you have that then yes 100k Culture is still pathetic. You already have a MM and watchtower at lvl 30, you have 0 need for additional culture :p

So I stick to what I say: Thrones Culture is pathetic (I add the exception for the 5 people that have 700 AW levels: In that case the Culture is pointless rather than pathetic). Thrones is purely for ranking and nothing else!

Pauly7

Magus
Thrones is purely for ranking and nothing else!
It depends how you play the game, as I mentioned before. I only build things that I am happy with aesthetically, so therefore Thrones is a no-brainer... and there's no mathematical equation that can refute that.

Gargon667

Mentor
It depends how you play the game, as I mentioned before. I only build things that I am happy with aesthetically, so therefore Thrones is a no-brainer... and there's no mathematical equation that can refute that.

I have to admit I never looked at the thing, because it is so insanely useless. So I am happy to give you that one :)

Paladestar

Enchanter
Thrones is a terrible wonder for the stage of the game it's introduced at. Back when I first unlocked it I calculated that it's not really worth the space for the culture it gives until you have over 300 AW levels. It does eventually 'pay for itself' though. By the end game, combined with WTR and MM/Sanc you pretty much have culture covered from just those wonders and it gives a lot of score from it's affect (up to 135K score as of right now and that's ignoring the points that the AW itself generates).

CrazyWizard

Shaman
lol I want to see a screenshot of low level thrones with 100k culture please! You can have as many AW levels as you like :)

If we include the new chapter there are 30 AWs, meaning the max number of AW levels without the Thrones is 29*30=870 AW levels If we assume that you already have the chapter 16 wonder and have all AW upgraded to lvl 30 (haha) your thrones still need to be lvl 22 to reach 100k Culture. Now for you that may be a low level, but for everybody else here it is not :p

Even at lvl 30 Thrones you need 667 AW levels to reach 100k culture. You realize how many people in this forum have that number of AW levels? Which means basically you need to have more than 22 AWs at lvl 30 or higher. If you have that then yes 100k Culture is still pathetic. You already have a MM and watchtower at lvl 30, you have 0 need for additional culture :p

So I stick to what I say: Thrones Culture is pathetic (I add the exception for the 5 people that have 700 AW levels: In that case the Culture is pointless rather than pathetic). Thrones is purely for ranking and nothing else!
Well I never said that it's a good wonder for everyone but for some who have insane levels ( and with that also a high level throne) it's a good wonder.
Because only when this wonder is good for ranking points it also becomes good for the culture. Both go hand in hand as both a based on the same concept of wonder levels.

So yes it's only good for a small percentage of players but that doesn't make it pathetic,