• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Chapter 16 - Embassies

kuku6

Adventurer
for me AW looks good, all kinds of troops are welcome, just doubt me can place them in 3 expansion

Sir Derf

Adept
Nothing to make my town better?

Residences grow from Level 35 requiring 2,044 culture and providing 4,700 pop in 5x3 footprint to Level 37 requiring 4,565 culture and providing 7,500 pop in 5x4 footprint, a 19.7% increase in population density.

Workshops grow from Level 35 requiring 6,596 pop in 5x5 footprint producing 13,000/h to Level 37 requiring 10,155 pop in 5x6 footprint producing 19,000/h, a 21.8% increase in production density.

2x2 Lava Codices grow from Chapter 15 providing 5,400 culture to Chapter 16 providing 6,500 culture, a 20.4% increase in culture density.

Gargon667

Mentor
Nothing to make my town better?

Residences grow from Level 35 requiring 2,044 culture and providing 4,700 pop in 5x3 footprint to Level 37 requiring 4,565 culture and providing 7,500 pop in 5x4 footprint, a 19.7% increase in population density.

Workshops grow from Level 35 requiring 6,596 pop in 5x5 footprint producing 13,000/h to Level 37 requiring 10,155 pop in 5x6 footprint producing 19,000/h, a 21.8% increase in production density.

2x2 Lava Codices grow from Chapter 15 providing 5,400 culture to Chapter 16 providing 6,500 culture, a 20.4% increase in culture density.

Residences: Sure saves a bit of space, how does that help with tourneys/spire?

WS: Sure, but I already have to throw supplies at the wholesaler, looks like I´ll have to get rid of my magic WS instead of upgrading them...

Culture: Seriously? Who gives a **** about culture? I haven´t placed a culture building since Dwarves (and now they are back lol, well the Dwarves, but surely not the culture buildings in my town)

And the only thing that could actually have been a consolation prize: Upgrading useful old event buildings, like the old sets? Nerfed to 0 upgrades for the revelers fountain etc...

Nothing here that makes me get a single more point in tourneys/spire, but yes the residences/WS + new expansions will help a bit with FAs, luckily I get all that before I have to stop research before the SS upgrades. But if it was a package deal, I wouldn´t take it for sure...

DeletedUser6357

Too much autumn mood in the chapter, that starts in the spring.

EM_AncientWonder_4x5res.png
EM_AncientWonder_6x4res.png

Duplicate features and effects? There can't be people with such poor fantasy in the team - it's a FANTASY game after all!
Or is it all a disdain for the players? ...

Jaxom

Alchemist
Maybe the new chapter isn't going to be so bad. Right now all three of my worlds are at the end of Chapter 15. So if I spend 5 months doing Chapter 16 on Beta I can focus on tournaments, Spire and wonder upgrades in the live worlds. Maybe get a Vortex built up to help me go faster on the next world.

I might be done with 16 on Beta by the time Chapter 17 comes out. (Orcs don't breed all that fast.) Then I can look at Chapter 17 and if it seems worthwhile I can begin 16 on one of my live worlds. I've learned all the tricks on Beta. Stocked up on Portal Profits.

This is how it used to be. Beta was ahead and you can learn on it and apply that knowledge to the live worlds. But new chapter development slowed down and everything caught up. There was more development focus on events, Spires and the beloved Fellowship Adventures.

I guess this long chapter can give me a chance to return to that mode. I am trying to think positively. I need to try to be positive because better population density on residences is about the only thing that is attractive about Chapter 16. I really doubt that I will be doing Embassies on a live world any time this year.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I think you have answered you own question:

It's aimed at them. Although I wonder if they really spend diamonds on it or they just have lots of push accounts.

It is still baffling why both AWs in the same chapter have a similar effect. The could have easily have put one of them in the next chapter. And then given something that's more useful to the majority of players in this one.

Although, just now as I'm typing, it occurred to me that it might have something to do with pets. They seem to be giving to some of the pets the same powers as to the AWs. But better imo, as the Fire phoenix boosts all troops and the bear produces more types troops and the Coldfire phoenix give more kps per scout than the similar Aw (I forgot which one it is, I don't have it). Anyway if they have new ides for effects they might be saving them for pets. More people can get pets than these end chapter AWs and pets with good effects make people spend more diamonds to get them. Just a though, might be completely wrong ofc.

I was thinking on neither diamond nor pushing.
There are better solutions then either of those
1587388529126.png

Jaxom

Alchemist
It is on en1.
So what makes me "In Chapter 16"? Completing 15? Opening the chest? Researching Senate?

Gargon667

Mentor
It is on en1.
So what makes me "In Chapter 16"? Completing 15? Opening the chest? Researching Senate?

same as always, finish the first research whatever that may be...

Jaxom

Alchemist
Thanks! I was pretty sure about that but I can't actually find that "rule" stated any place.

Being "in" Chapter 16 gives you Chapter 16-level buildings from crafting and events. But are there disadvantages to making the move up? Does it make tournament opponents harder?

Gargon667

Mentor
Thanks! I was pretty sure about that but I can't actually find that "rule" stated any place.

Being "in" Chapter 16 gives you Chapter 16-level buildings from crafting and events. But are there disadvantages to making the move up? Does it make tournament opponents harder?

Tournamentcosts (both in troops and catering costs) depend on your squad size. So yes the chapter will make tourneys harder, but only in the end of the chapter where there are 2 obligatory squad size upgrades. That fact that you are moving up a chapter has nothing to do with tourneys at all. Instead it does have to do with the spire (however spire costs are very complicated and I do not know the details). Since there were no new resources introduced in chapter 15 the number of resources will not change, however the quantity will go up. Since there is no advanced scout your map provinces will not go down in difficulty, but simply keep on going up as before.

Paladestar

Enchanter
Meh, live too soon, so little space! Elvengems still following their usual pattern of being late with the info for the new chapter, so does anyone know how many beer festivals/tea houses we should be aiming for? Or, how few can I get away with? ;)

Deleted User - 1759805

Meh, live too soon, so little space! Elvengems still following their usual pattern of being late with the info for the new chapter, so does anyone know how many beer festivals/tea houses we should be aiming for? Or, how few can I get away with? ;)
You can get away with 1 each. Though you probably don't want to ;)

DeletedUser2452

There is rumor about
dispute between "Dwarwen King" and "Fairy Queen"

conflict.... "Dwarwen Queen" has affair with " Fairy King"
solution...."Dwarwen King" will have affair with "Fairy Queen" <--look ..they are on the same car driven by Dwarven-King
so both side break-even and reach SETTLE

any 1 confirm this rumor ???