• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Elvenar are arriving!

DeletedUser8409

I don't see much need in seeds this chapter other than for creating sentient goods, and negotiating in Spire. Is it needed for anything else? I'm not seeing it in any of the guest race buildings unless I'm missing something.

DeletedUser6357

2,000,000 of each T6 resource is needed to pay for technology.
Daily decay is not included. The costs of T4 and T5 in the production of the guest race also are not included.
Consider the need for seeds yourself. ;)

DeletedUser8409

I mean are seeds needed for anything other than sentient goods?

My seed production is bigger than necessary to run my sentient manufactories 24/7. So I run a seeds surplus. Will those seeds be necessary, or would it be better to build more sentient manufactories?

m4rt1n

Adept
This is my city and what I can fit in without deletion of any Workshop, Manu, Residence or Armory and keep positive pop.
My live city if you want to follow progress of how I get on is in EN1 Arendyll. :)

https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/2bbf4ab1f7b541b6961054ca967e355c/

I am working on getting it in as currently I have 8 Academies running, 5 at 2 and the 3 for deletion at 1 and am now into 6 digits for ideas and 50k workforce. It will be slow but there is no rush is there as ch16 will be around Easter in my opinion. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser1874

Does anyone else miss the days in which you could "play the game at your own pace", to use Inno's words? Where you could, say, have as much as 30 granite mine and 15 copper mines or as little as you wished, really? The same went on for many chapters, then some mild form of gating started, and what we're seeing here in chapter XV is an approach known as hard-gating.
Meaning that if you've got a level 2 portal surrounded by the maximum amount of academies allowed, which is 8, that's it. That'll be the hard-cap for a while, a gated amount of time that can only be overcome by an amount of time-boosters not even I have hoarded (which is a lot, by the way), or by giving in to the artificially created annoyance (for such is the definition of time-gating, just look at what the communities of some of the most popular MMOs in the history of gaming thought about time-gating), and clicking the bling bling diamond button (which I won't do out of principle, even if I could - I'd rather waste five hundred bucks on a bottle of whiskey which I'll drink, very fleetingly enjoy and just as quickly turn into a certain by-product that goes down the sewer system, if you get my drift).

Oh, and those who don't have the space to place those 8 academies? Let's have a look at these examples, courtesy of elvengems:

"If you have 4 Academies at level 1 with a level 1 portal, it will take 795 – 1197 hours to produce the required number of productions to get all of the Ideas and Workforce required (265,000 of each), depending on the mix of 3hr and 7hr productions, which is 33-50 days.

If you have 8 Academies at level 2 with a level 2 portal, it will take 221-336 hours to produce the required number of productions, depending on the mix of 3hr and 7hr productions, which is 9-14 days."

Even just 14 days (or 9 for that matter, but one has to sleep, presumably) just sitting there waiting for the first very basic quests that unlock the other guest race buildings is about as fun as watching paint dry - dare we imagine the fun of having to wait 50 days just to unlock guest race buildings that'll be themselves another hard time-gate due to the space and connection requirements? Of course most people will strive to get and upgrade as many academies as possible, but let's not forget that the Teleport spell, which is pretty much a must unless you're willing to destroy at least a quarter of your city, is itself gated behind the RNG of the gated Spire of Eternity. Anybody noticed a pattern here? Gating, gating, gating and more gating. Not. Fun.

DeletedUser8409

This is only the third chapter after Sorcerers and Dragons and Constructs were you can't produce more buildings than recommended.

Deleted User - 106219

I agree. The begining of this chapter is really slow and boring - I'm just sitting there, resetting my manufactories, upgrading my AWs and waiting for Sentient Goods. The same things I have been doing since I finished last chapter. It's as if I am still between chapters isntead of at the beginning of a new one. :(

DeletedUser1874

@Muf-Muf in regards to this post, I already had.
To my first impressions, I followed with two - posts in which everything is explained in great detail. The only thing I could add is that despite having added more factories the production is so slow I'm growing more frustrated by the day, and that I'm having a ton more fun working on my diamond farms (respectively in Dwarves and Fairies chapters), because those chapter lacked the forceful size and time hard-gating that smothers this one and pushes players towards frustration and unnecessary, artificial annoyances designed with the intent to be annoying thus pushing we the players into removing said annoyances by using diamonds.
And there may be those who do not see through this deliberately callous and exploitative tactic (I'll spell it out for you and anyone who might've not figured it out on their own: "make the game annoying and provide players with means to remove the annoyances by paying real money"). The earlier chapters didn't feel like this at all, not even those who required very specific layouts (think Sorcerers and Dragons).
This is a matter of unreasonably big settlement buildings coupled with unreasonably long production times. It's a matter of hard-gating which can only be overcome through enduring the artificially created frustration or by using diamonds (and a vast amount of them, I might add).

But this feedback is useless, because you guys are perfectly aware of these issues - because you carefully manufactured them. Deny it all you want, give us answers worthy of a White House press secretary, but don't think for a moment that we're all unaware of the cancerous proliferation of a game design tactic that has been around for years and that sadly has now been embraced by the Elvenar team. Of course it might not be the developers themselves, but I'd like the shareholders to see posts such as this, if only to see whether or not they're capable of realising that their greed is an unsustainable blight that will in the long run cause this game to lose more and more players, and no matter how many whales might remain, it won't be enough. It'll be unsustainable. I could mention examples of how this happened to other games in this same exact way and how those games are now defunct or throwing their last death-rattles, but I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to mention other games here. However I'm also equally sure that you guys know exactly of what I'm talking about.

DeletedUser8409

What's with the fried egg obsession the Elvenar have? Every building seems to have a fried egg while it is upgrading.

DeletedUser7526

What's with the fried egg obsession the Elvenar have? Every building seems to have a fried egg while it is upgrading.
Cuz Elvenar is trying to pass the subtle message about the health benefits of fried eggs. Also I believe that the long lost ancestral race thrived only on fried eggs.

DeletedUser4364

Every AW level you have increases the bonus seeds you collect from the trader, so every SImia level helps a little bit.

Other things that will help with this chapter:
- Timewarp - increases Sentient Goods production
- Pyramid of Purification - gives bonus Sentient Goods every time you collect Orcs. Quite useful if you have a lot of Armories and/or other sources of Orcs, such as Orc Nests and Heroes Forge
How do i collect Orcs? I made Pyramid of Purifications ...

DeletedUser4364

oh man...i am level 33 and not a single armory or breeding center. i focused on goods and cater. until now newer had a problem...
now i have one... tnx for quick answer :)

Timneh

Artisan
You're going to need alot of orcs so you might want to build 2 or 3 armouries and level them up.

Hekata

Artisan
@le sram You might also want to craft a few orc nests from the MA. Ever since they were rebalanced they give a decent amount of orcs. If you get lucky with the recipes that's the fastest way to start getting orcs, since armouries and Heroes' Forge take time to upgrade.

Deleted User - 1759805

@le sram You might also want to craft a few orc nests from the MA. Ever since they were rebalanced they give a decent amount of orcs. If you get lucky with the recipes that's the fastest way to start getting orcs, since armouries and Heroes' Forge take time to upgrade.
If he doesn't need training size at all, then for pure orc production Orc Nests are more efficient than armories. Just a matter of sniping those recipes.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
oh man...i am level 33 and not a single armory or breeding center. i focused on goods and cater. until now newer had a problem...
now i have one... tnx for quick answer :)

How? Crazy... I have five breeding grounds, and HF, plus one orc nest.